Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke’s Armchair Ride

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupied wrote:
Stop the $£$%^%%$ Cloke hate Dave. Yes, he is out of form. Yes, he dropped a sitter at the start of the game. But I'll be £$%$ed if our fwd 50 delivery wasn't shithouse tonight. There's only so much he can do if he has to compete in 2v1s with a highball coming in.

Yeah let's drop him. Who's going to replace him? What quality tall forward do we have running around in the VFL?

One loss and everyone starts these stupid pissy threads.

his negativity for everything is starting to really bug you isn't it??

haha, me too!

yep E, the whole team looked sluggish, said so on the game day thread, not couldn't give a shit, but totalled, we are not the only team that looks like that after a bye, its just really disappointing its a game we really should have one.

chin up, fight back next week, lets all please remember the new game plan has only looked solid the last couple of games, we have a lot of kids out there, its still a new back line. im guessing if brown was ready he would have played, hes fragile better not to bring him back to quick. at least we didn't get slaughtered.

next

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Brenny wrote:
Who do we put in Clokes spot, just asking? Cory Gault?

We then give White the No.1 defender and everybody wants Reid back down back.

What if dropping him actually helps him find form? Worth a try IMO.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:20 pm

He cant autograph footy jumpers either.

Got him to sign my jumper at the post match brekky in Adelaide.

It's just a scribble and he didn't put his number on it either.

At least Brodie Grundy put the effort in and included his number like players do.

Cloke cant play and cant even sign his own name!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:22 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
He cant autograph footy jumpers either.

At least Brodie Grundy put the effort in and included his number like players do.

Cloke cant play and cant even sign his own name!

At least he went to the effort mate.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:29 pm

[quote="Defender"][quote="SteveH67"]He cant autograph footy jumpers either.

Cloke cant play and cant even sign his own name![/quote]

At least he went to the effort mate.[/quote]

Not when the jumper also has Bucks, Burns, Molloy and Presti on it also.

Even Eddie when out of his way and wrote a Go Pies message.

This is the rare jumper we played in back iin 2001/02. Has the Magpie emblem in its middle.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:15 pm

Drop him.

And no more hot chips on a Friday night before a game.

Medieval 

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:09 pm

I love Trav and no matter what he did, even if he sat in the goalsquare eating potatocakes all game, I wouldn't drop him. Ever. I think the one thing that Cloke has going for him at the moment is his tank. We all know he is (usually) a great mark. When you hold the record for most contested marks in a season, you can mark. This comes up from time to time but never really gets focus, but Cloke has a HUGE tank. Like a midfielder, he can run ALL DAY. I'd love to see him basically do laps of the F50 arc and tire out his opponent, rather than keep trying to out body players when the rules and umpiring obviously don't allow for any consistency in results or worse yet, 2on1 or 3on1. I'll back this bloke until the day I die (or he retires).
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:59 pm

It pains me to say this, a lot believe me, but watching cats v dockers, its quite obvious right now, at this stage, big girl Hawkins is better value than cloke up forward. Cloke is woeful at times, he really needs to get his shit together, he was a fantastic mark but ordinary kick, now he hardly marks at all, double teamed or not. He better, he damn better, put in a real big one v west coast, at least three goals, no excuses, just better get his head down and concentrate 100% far more.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:06 am

September Zeros wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Stop the $£$%^%%$ Cloke hate Dave. Yes, he is out of form. Yes, he dropped a sitter at the start of the game. But I'll be £$%$ed if our fwd 50 delivery wasn't shithouse tonight. There's only so much he can do if he has to compete in 2v1s with a highball coming in.

Yeah let's drop him. Who's going to replace him? What quality tall forward do we have running around in the VFL?

What I find interesting is the posters who post in these type of threads post a loss. You can almost put money on certain folks coming out of the wood work.... You don't see them until after a loss which speaks volumes for thier credibility and thus I wouldn't pay much attention to them..

That said dave (who has credibility) is right in some sense in that Cloke is horribly out of form, and needs to pull his finger out, but dropping him to the magoos won't fix that Dave, It would neither be good for him or the team.

See I was kind off concerned about your sudden snipes but seeing you type laughable tripe like this has put my mind at ease.
As you were.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:37 am

Beast wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Stupied wrote:

What I find interesting is the posters who post in these type of threads post a loss. You can almost put money on certain folks coming out of the wood work.... You don't see them until after a loss which speaks volumes for thier credibility and thus I wouldn't pay much attention to them..

That said dave (who has credibility) is right in some sense in that Cloke is horribly out of form, and needs to pull his finger out, but dropping him to the magoos won't fix that Dave, It would neither be good for him or the team.

See I was kind off concerned about your sudden snipes but seeing you type laughable tripe like this has put my mind at ease.
As you were.

He has credibility because his support for collingwood is consistent. He posts here all the time, win or loss. He posts positive stuff and critiques when necessary. You could learn a lot from dave beast Wink capacity may be a problem however.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Stupied wrote:

Hard to argue with any of that. People aren't giving any credence to the quality of Rutten and Talia either, 2 of the best defenders in the league when on song, and they were on song!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:05 pm

Brenny wrote:
Who do we put in Clokes spot, just asking? Cory Gault?

We then give White the No.1 defender and everybody wants Reid back down back.

Out for 8-10 with a broken colarbone.
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Stinger wrote:
Wow! Get the ball into the forward 50 as slow as treacle, if at all, and see how you go. Our delivery to Cloke is woeful. He need to play up the ground more circa 2010/11. Sit Jesse in the square as the lead out forward.

Cloke is not a FF. He is a CHF

Yup, and a thousand times yup. He needs space to work, and he's a looooong kick, better over a distance. Looks like a CHF to me.

I got to agree..since when has Cloke EVER been a FF. I would not trust the guy to ever kick a goal from within 30m out...He is like the Rocca boys...you could almost pen in a behind if they were kicking from within 30m they would find a way to spray the kick......however give it to them (or trav for that matter) from 50 or beyond and suddenly they seem to be dead eyes.

Indeed Cloke does a much better job pushing up the ground...and if he is being double teamed it drags another defender out of the forward 50. Give White the full forward ...much better kick at goal from close range too.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:28 pm

derkd wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Stinger wrote:
Wow! Get the ball into the forward 50 as slow as treacle, if at all, and see how you go. Our delivery to Cloke is woeful. He need to play up the ground more circa 2010/11. Sit Jesse in the square as the lead out forward.

Cloke is not a FF. He is a CHF

Yup, and a thousand times yup. He needs space to work, and he's a looooong kick, better over a distance. Looks like a CHF to me.

I got to agree..since when has Cloke EVER been a FF. I would not trust the guy to ever kick a goal from within 30m out...He is like the Rocca boys...you could almost pen in a behind if they were kicking from within 30m they would find a way to spray the kick......however give it to them (or trav for that matter) from 50 or beyond and suddenly they seem to be dead eyes.

Indeed Cloke does a much better job pushing up the ground...and if he is being double teamed it drags another defender out of the forward 50. Give White the full forward ...much better kick at goal from close range too.

Cloke is a CHF not a FF and I agree White playing at FF during the NAB Challenge looked very Dangourse

Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:54 pm

think positive wrote:
Stupied wrote:

his negativity for everything is starting to really bug you isn't it??

haha, me too!

It's that obvious huh? Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: