Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bruth...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Az 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Was great to see Ed give the 7 commentator team a little bit of a bake on his show with Dermot last night. Unfortunately will miss press red for Ed on account of work on saturday Sad
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:04 pm

Az wrote:
Was great to see Ed give the 7 commentator team a little bit of a bake on his show with Dermot last night. Unfortunately will miss press red for Ed on account of work on saturday Sad

It will be replayed at 11am next Friday on Fox Footy, this time in HD with all the colour of Eddie's call in full flight. Very Happy
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:00 am

collie dog wrote:
Bruce used to be known for his all-round sporting knowledge. But ever since he called Cathy Freeman's win in the 2000 Olympics something went haywire in his brain. He absolutely lost it that night and his perspective in calling any kind of sport since has gone down the toilet with his credibility.

I think what I hate most is not his obvious anti-Collingwood bias, but his hysterical over-reaction to anything that's happening. Yes he fawns all over his favourite players (or wished love objects), but his ability to call the most pedestrian football matches like they are an FA Cup final that is 4-all in overtime is unbelievable. Once you have called a passage of play the best team goal since sliced bread, where do you go for an encore? Bruce has done his own brand and footy a dis-service by acting like an over-excited school girl on a first date.

As for the other drongos what can I say? Leigh Matthews is the Alf Garnett of commentators now. From the very first bounce he is looking for something negative to say about us. He's a born whinger by the sounds of it. Tom Harley has absolutely no authority in his voice. He speaks too fast and his voice is too highly pitched to be taken seriously. Until that Swisse ad pointed out he had a kid I could have sworn he was Gay. And I mean no disrespect to Gays. But the fact Bruce wanted Harley in the box with him might be a very good reason he has the gig when other better qualified candidates are left in the cold.

Besides the HD picture on Fox miles better than Seven.

Yup all of it. It's amusing when it's not your team playing or you don't particular care about the outcome, but when your teams playing you want good quality reporting, not blatant favouritism for either team, and not wierd little screeches.

I actually miss Rex hunt, at least his wierd stuff was entertaining

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:40 am

I thought The non-red commtary was great today ; Brereton makes interesting observations, and Huddo conveyed genuine excitement and appreciation for both teams. It put Buce's simpering, sycophantic slavering slush to shame.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:03 am

Mugwump wrote:
I thought The non-red commentary was great today ; Brereton makes interesting observations, and Huddo conveyed genuine excitement and appreciation for both teams. It put Bruce's simpering, sycophantic slavering slush to shame.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:45 am

Mugwump wrote:
I thought The non-red commtary was great today ; Brereton makes interesting observations, and Huddo conveyed genuine excitement and appreciation for both teams. It put Buce's simpering, sycophantic slavering slush to shame.

To be fair just about anyone puts Bruce to shame

MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:52 pm

When we only get 9 free kicks for a game and the commentators say almost all our frees are either not there or questionable, something is up.

Bruce is beyond ridiculous. The standard of commentating is on the whole amateur.

Harley is the worst at the moment in my opinion.

Bruce is just annoying to me. When Harley speaks, I want to throw the tv over the balcony.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:20 pm

^ I'll tell you what, the whole Seven commentary team is shite with a capital C for crap!

As bad as Brucey, Harley and Barney are (and they are terrible), last night listening to BT, Darce, Richo and Lingy (the nicknames are compulsory on Channel Bogan) drove me mad. Luke Darcy loves the sound of his own voice. BT makes so many obvious errors it is amazing he keeps his job. Richo is a twerp (but a likeable one) and Ling is as annoying as he was a player, but at least he offers the most sensible footy comments.

The major problem is this, Aussies now have no idea how to comment on major sport. We are simply not in the same league as the best in England or the USA. We used to be good and you only need to watch old broadcasts with Lou Richards, Mike Williamson or Ian Robertson and Tim Lane at his best to know that. The most infuriating part of the "new" Aussie commentary is that they completely DISRESPECT the game by chatting inanely over the top of play. Its like a bunch of blokes (yes there's that bogan reference again) drunk and talking in their loungeroom while the game is on the tele.

Stick to the facts Channel Seven and stop over-hyping our game! Evil or Very Mad

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Today during the Suns Dogs game Bruce McAvaney invented a new term for dribbling a football through the goals from distance..."sends a chaos type kick at goal". Really? No seriously...really, Bruce? Please give it away...NOW!
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Today during the Suns Dogs game Bruce McAvaney invented a new term for dribbling a football through the goals from distance..."sends a chaos type kick at goal". Really? No seriously...really, Bruce? Please give it away...NOW!

Yes, but was it chaos, or KAOS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: