Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies swamp Saints - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you St Vomit for playing Cloke into some form
Beams is becoming a legend
Thomas has grabbed his spot with both hands
Hope Maxy is ok
Sidey what were you thinking?
Witts should stay our number one ruckman let Grundy develop in the VFL
(Comment made to cause DTM's head to explode)

Pity about the injuries
Elliot did really well

St Vomit are shite at the moment so it was a grab the percentage and get some form type of night

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:06 am

Brown26 wrote:
Good to see Seedy slotting back in really well.
He's damaging entering the forward half, as is Young when he's on song.

Good score line in the end but even better to see Seedy and Thomas performing - we have a seriously good team on paper, if they ever all get on the park together it'll be very very very good! Love to hear the commentators talk about our depth when they see Seedsman playing well in his first game - what will they say when we bring in all Australian Ben Reid? Razz

- Ben

When the players were warming up I said to daughter "where's seeds?" She looks at me like I'm stupid, "in the red jacket" I'm like, "no way!" Gees I can't believe the size of him, he's put on a good 15kg of muscle by the looks, got a bit tired at the end, but so nice to see his pin point accuracy back

And gees, I hope young plays that well against his old team in a few weeks

Great night

Though I still haven't seen footage of the bump! They didn't play it on the screen last night, I don't think, or we all missed it!

go Pies!

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:41 am

think positive wrote:
Brown26 wrote:

Good score line in the end but even better to see Seedy and Thomas performing - we have a seriously good team on paper, if they ever all get on the park together it'll be very very very good! Love to hear the commentators talk about our depth when they see Seedsman playing well in his first game - what will they say when we bring in all Australian Ben Reid? Razz

- Ben

When the players were warming up I said to daughter "where's seeds?" She looks at me like I'm stupid, "in the red jacket" I'm like, "no way!" Gees I can't believe the size of him, he's put on a good 15kg of muscle by the looks, got a bit tired at the end, but so nice to see his pin point accuracy back

Great night

Though I still haven't seen footage of the bump! They didn't play it on the screen last night, I don't think, or we all missed it!

go Pies!

Think seen the bump played over and over again on TV. Didint look good as he jumped of the ground but IMO his contact while high wasn't hard or harsh only clipped him. But the carrying on of the commentators and with him being concussed and subbed out the MRP will take that into consideration.
John Ralph said post game he thought 3 weeks down to 2 with early plea but then Healy said he might get more as he jumped and the player was concussed. Being a Collingwood player will work against him as they will now decide to make a huge issue from it and the MRP will now decide to make a statement.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:42 am

Really pleasing to see Keeffe play well along with Williams and Langdon again down back. Seeds was fantastic for a first game in '14 - his skills and run are very damaging.

This is a very young but strong backline we are developing - with some real pace!

Toovey, Frost, Wiliams
Langdon, Keefe, Seedsman

With the support of Wingers Herry and Young (dropping back as needed) we are seeing the kind of ball movement and versatility required to play the modern game.

Casting my one-eyed gaze further afield... after a poor year thus far I was rapt Thomas showed the form/potential he had last year Smile

Faz, Blair and Elliot are a good small forward combo - better than most teams for sure!!!

And having the one ruckman was all we clearly needed - with White a much better player when he gets to have a run in the ruck now and then - Did Witts do himself some damage? One thing that Witts does well is not give away free kicks as Grundy has done too much this season!

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:45 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Brown26 wrote:

- Ben

Great night

go Pies!

Think seen the bump played over and over again on TV. Didint look good as he jumped of the ground but IMO his contact while high wasn't hard or harsh only clipped him. But the carrying on of the commentators and with him being concussed and subbed out the MRP will take that into consideration.
John Ralph said post game he thought 3 weeks down to 2 with early plea but then Healy said he might get more as he jumped and the player was concussed. Being a Collingwood player will work against him as they will now decide to make a huge issue from it and the MRP will now decide to make a statement.

With Goodes doing a similar jumping high bump on Selwood - with more aggression but less impact... I suspect Sidey will get away with 2 weeks only. If it was a pie on his own we would be looking at 4 weeks and a no doubt a strong message from the Tribunal!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:50 am

We should have won by 200. Played at around 40% capacity with no real intensity. At some stages we played it like a practice match and some of the turnovers were embarrassing. Whilst we won by 86 we really didn't expel any energy. In saying that as a player you struggle to get motivated for teams that are struggling.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:50 am

Seedsman's foot passing was elite. I just don't see that Young has the same skills even though he got a lot of the footy. Can kick the ball 50-60 meters, but his short passing wasn't great. Sidey will miss a week or two, but we should gain Swan & Grundy. Witts to have a spell next week i reckon. We don't need 2 rucks. White did fine as the 2nd ruck. Adams will probably lose his spot due to his disposal. Was horrible by foot but he will get there soon. We will miss Maxwell's leadership over the next few weeks. I think he keeps the backline organised & they got a bit lost at times last night without him.
Another thing that I noticed that crept back into our game last night was our inability to lock the ball in from opposition kick outs. Even a poor team like the saints cleared the defensive area with ease. Imagine what a top team will do with that setup. Man up & make them kick to a contest. Did that well in rounds 2-7 but have strayed back to old ways since the bye. Good percentage boost but lets be honest, the saints were just canon fodder.
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:14 am

Great game. Honestly this game shows when swanny retires or leaves in a couple years shows we won't miss him much.JT seeds and adams can cover him quite well which is good ( don't get me wrong I froth the swan ). I was a little bit drunk watching the game but all I remember is a lot of ball on tit entering the forward 50 which means our mostly midfield team lifted the anti.

Great win but could have easily been 120+ if we kicked straight. Poor adams he actually played pretty good and deserved 3 goals but got the yips...Seeds strolling towards 50 kicking goals is something I missed..he nearly got it
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:49 am

I know he wasn't one of the absolute best on ground, but I was SO impressed by Marley Williams. So clean with his hands, excellent evasiveness and his kicking has improved by about 300% since he started. Kid will be too good for the back pocket and a gun mid soon.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:01 am

If he learns to use his right leg, maybe - otherwise, he's too predictable and too easily closed down for the midfield.
dsav 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:16 am

Photo album from the match here.
http://www.davesavell.com/p116927064

Dave.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:21 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
If he learns to use his right leg, maybe - otherwise, he's too predictable and too easily closed down for the midfield.

Lot of good mids have been one sided.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:36 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
A very good win. Defense was a bit loose but that's understandable given the outs. Offensively we did brilliantly. Great to see Cloke back in touch with 5 and Elliott and Fas with 4 each, they add some much needed class to our forward line.

Of the two young mids who were given a chance in the absence of Ball and Swan: Thomas took his opportunity with both hands, 29 touches and 3 goals. Adams on the other hand was ordinary, just the 18 touches and never looked comfortable out there.

Clinton Young, I think, played his best game tonight. Got quite a bit of it (26 touches), gave us good run and also did well to help block of Reiwoldt's leads in the second half.

Yep. Wouldn't say Adams was ordinary, certainly not as damaging as Thomas although some of his grunt work was good, but his disposal let him down. Easily Young's best game for us.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:40 am

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Lot of good mids have been one sided.

Yes, that's true - perhaps my comment was ambiguous. What I meant is that his movement is very predictable at the moment and that would make him too easily closed-down in the midfield but if he develops the ability to move the other way, things might be different. Its not the one-sidedness in itself that's the problem - it's how he (in particular, as distinct from one-sided players, generally) moves because of it. His pace avoids the problem in defence but I think it would be harder for him to rely upon that in the midfield, where the opposition rushes at you from all directions.

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Sat May 31, 2014 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:40 am

Mugwump wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Adams had a stinker. Looks like his confidence in his kicking is shot. Did some good things too, but jeez, you could tell he was always in two minds about dropping it on the boot Confused

Is his disposal that bad in the .ressies, usually ? If not, it is probably just nerves, and the best thing we could do is back the kid and give hima. Chance to feel he belongs, without tightening up every time he has it. He can get it, which is good. If his disposal is that bad in the Maggos., then we have a real problem... Jeez, it wasn't good.

Can be
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: