Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Glass half full - we are building

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

gurugeoff wrote:
Firstly, I think the coming of GWS / Gold Coast is completely overrated. Gold Coast have been in it for long enough to show what they do. There will not be any exponential improvement from now on for them. GWS just does not have it.

Seven minutes left in the third quarter the scores were basically level, until one of the umpires decided to call a Pendlebury hand pass a throw, for reasons only known to him. The goal they then got really shifted momentum. So, we aren't too far away.

[btw, Riscuitto says on viewing the replay, we can't tell whether the fist made contact. Mark, the ball is on the palm of the right arm, which remains perfectly still, and the ball flies off as the left first comes up behind it. How do you think it moved, telekinesis?]

Magic handball theory....."Here the ball pauses, in mind air mind you, and does a 160 degree turn...back, and to the left, back, and to the left"

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:32 am

I reckon we should target one of gws tall fowards. Its good cloke is hitting form
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:34 am

GreekLunatic wrote:
I reckon we should target one of gws tall fowards. Its good cloke is hitting form

Most definetly, if we could get Cameron say, we would have Cloke at 28, Cameron at 21-22, and Moore at 18. Its a good spread that would see us right for a decade

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:12 am

Need a small smart forward, I think their is a kid called Pickett in this years draft that might be handy.

Need a strong body tallish mid, as I mention in a previous post if Fyfe is available do whatever it takes!

Need 191 running back men with skills in both sides! ( might be Shazza?)

That's it...not much to ask.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:35 pm

We'd be dumb to win one final.

Puts us in the top bracket for fixturing purposes and allows the AFL to ram the big dog up us next season.

Bucks isn't dumb.

If we finish 5-8 as I suspect we will then we will tank like we did against Port last year.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:38 pm

Beast wrote:
Yes, we've taken the youngest side to win a flag in 20 odd years, disassembled it because our coach couldn't get their respect and wasn't capable of reigning them in and now reloading for a new crack just in time for the likes of Pendles and Cloke to be past their best and GC and GWS domination.
The future is rosy guys.

Yeah....

clearly Bucks (read CFC and football department through its profile of Bucks as coach) is to blame for Wellingham wanting to go home to WA

clearly Bucks made Dawes request a trade

clearly Bucks is responsible for Daisy deserting to the Blues

clearly Bucks prematurely aged Jolly, Johnno, Didak, Presti, Lockyer, and Fraser

clearly Bucks caused the premature retirements of Leroy and Medhurst

clearly Bucks caused Leon to leave rather than playing 1 more season

and he's definitely responsible for all those season ending injuries we've had over the last couple of years...

and he must take some responsibility for the weather we're having...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:46 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
How far out are we looking?
-Pendlebury has at least 5 good years in him
-Beams 7-8
-Sidebottom same
-Adams a decade as an extractor who will get more poise with time. Was good yesterday
-Freeman, a top 10 draft pick, has a decade in him
-Broomhead definitely has class and a decade of time left in him
-Kennedy has a decade and will get more poise in time
-Seedsman has some class and pace and a decade ahead

Seriously, that is a bunch of first round picks. Some individuals on here are far too bearish and seemingly offer such a negative view because they are miserable or looking for a fight or just impatient and ignorant.
'[

I have said it a number of times, our next GF will be 2016, possibly against the gold coast beachboys, and with any luck, we will win it. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Beast wrote:
Yes, we've taken the youngest side to win a flag in 20 odd years, disassembled it because our coach couldn't get their respect and wasn't capable of reigning them in and now reloading for a new crack just in time for the likes of Pendles and Cloke to be past their best and GC and GWS domination.
The future is rosy guys.

We won't be winning a flag for another 5-10 years. Far too many holes in the current team and by the time we address them, we'll have brand new gaping holes.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Beast wrote:
Yes we have a good list but so do another 7/8 sides in the league with a few clearly superior to ours.
Not sure I quiet get your reference of us coming close to beating the AFL either.

Clearly superior... Big call, can understand you saying that they have demonstrated superior performances this season, even that the age and experience profile of these clubs has them better placed this season, but clearly superior...
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:50 pm

jackcass wrote:
Beast wrote:
The future is rosy guys.

Yeah....

clearly Bucks (read CFC and football department through its profile of Bucks as coach) is to blame for Wellingham wanting to go home to WA

clearly Bucks made Dawes request a trade

clearly Bucks is responsible for Daisy deserting to the Blues

clearly Bucks prematurely aged Jolly, Johnno, Didak, Presti, Lockyer, and Fraser

clearly Bucks caused the premature retirements of Leroy and Medhurst

clearly Bucks caused Leon to leave rather than playing 1 more season

and he's definitely responsible for all those season ending injuries we've had over the last couple of years...

and he must take some responsibility for the weather we're having...

You missed one

clearly Bucks is responsible for bring back Marty Clarke.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:

Most definetly, if we could get Cameron say, we would have Cloke at 28, Cameron at 21-22, and Moore at 18. Its a good spread that would see us right for a decade

Getting Cameron would mean we wouldn't have a first round draft pick to get Moore... and we'd probably be missing someone like Sidebottom from our midfield...

Yeah it's a lovely daydream to imagine some of these stars in black & white but highly unlikely when you start to appreciate what it would cost.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:12 pm

A lot will depend on how Scharenberg and Freemam develop If they can both get on the park and perform like top 10 draft picks, we'll be a serious force. But the season-crueller so far this year has been the loss of Reid. Ben is an A-grade player forward and back, and his absence has prevented us playing White as we wanted. With these three situations reversed, we'd be a top 4 side.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:34 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I agree we are definitely building. I've said at times that this year feels almost like 2010. But I've settled on it being more of a 2009. If we hadn't had the injuries we've copped we likely would have finished top 4 this year, owing to a bit of a softer draw. Dropping a couple of poor games mean we will miss top 4 and could even miss the 8, but the future still looks bright.

Our list is very young and we have some quality players who have not played much this season. I think we could be in the market for a couple of top up players in the off season and attempt to do what we did when signing Jolly and Ball. Maybe a ruck and maybe one more running mid or a forward, but it will depend on what's out there.

I like the youngsters that we have coming through and with the inclusions of Scharenberg, Freeman, Langdon and Marsh in last year's national draft I'm very excited about our kids but it will take some time and along the way it wouldn't surprise me if we stumbled and it made us have some doubts about the future as well as it naturally would. The same was happening in 2007-2009 as well and look how the following years turned out.

Your comparison about us being similar to 2009 is interesting. I personally think we're at the 2007 stage at the moment in my opinion. I think the 2009 side is better than the current one but we're not far off at the same time either. I think we have shown some glimpses to play some great football this year but we're inconsistent and prone to bad performances as we've seen this year against the Dockers, Crows and Bulldogs which isn't too different to what I saw in 2007 as well when we lost to Melbourne and Richmond and had narrow four goal victories against Carlton who were the bottom three sides of 2007.

In a few years this side is going to be an excellent outfit but it's a period of transition and development and we'll just have to wait and see how things play out. At least our future looks brighter compared to other sides such as Essendon, Carlton and Richmond for instance.

Last edited by Jezza on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:58 pm

jackcass wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:

Getting Cameron would mean we wouldn't have a first round draft pick to get Moore... and we'd probably be missing someone like Sidebottom from our midfield...

Yeah it's a lovely daydream to imagine some of these stars in black & white but highly unlikely when you start to appreciate what it would cost.

whats the rule with trading picks? Can we trade our first pick and get moore with our second because its 'our first pick' or is that a non existent loop hole
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:10 pm

Steve86 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:

whats the rule with trading picks? Can we trade our first pick and get moore with our second because its 'our first pick' or is that a non existent loop hole

Nice try, i like your thinking. Problem is that the father son bidding takes place before trade week, not after. That means you are already commited to the pick...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: