Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trial by Media! - Sidebottom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch a Carlton player get off after being reported.just saying.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:58 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Sidey, three weeks min, mostly trial by media.

Goodes- get off, because, well, he is adam goodes, and its indigenous round for chrissakes. and he talked to tony abbott at half time tonight, what else need I say. ??

No. If Goodes gets off it will be because he legitimately jumped for the ball and then tucked his arm in to brace for contact. Add to that, the player he hit played out the game. It's possible he'll get a reprimand, but he's not likely to get much more.

I feel Sidey was doing similar, but he completely misjudged it and was not all that close to the ball. Weller was concussed and subbed out of the game.

See, no need for racist conspiracy theories to separate the two incidents.

Bullshit

He's been reported 5 times for his sniping, only ever got 2 weeks off, the guy knows what he can get away with and he's a dirty sniping shit, who is the unfortunate poster boy for the AFL. He lined up Selwood when he saw the chance. Selwood is used to hitting the deck, so didn't react as many would

Sidey has a squeaky clean record. His eyes were on the ball initially, and the ball was at least there.

Doesn't matter how hard the hit is or the damage done, if you intentionally hit someone, that's what should count, the intention, not everyone hits as hard, or gets hit in the same place. Sidey caught the guy just at the wrong place, but we all know Steele doesn't have a mongrel bone in his body.

You cannot use that sentence about Goodes

And I'm not talking his colour, or anything else, just the way he plays footy, he's a dirty shit

But the MRP let him get away with murder. Because of his colour? Who knows?

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:48 am

Ling talked sense last night and said sidey isnt a type of player who goes to hurt people. In the other case u get sam lane wanting 4 weeks for sidey. What does sam lane add to the channel 7 coverage
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:59 am

will miss 2 or less
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:52 am

3 with a 2 for a good record. Guilty for head high contact.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:17 pm

As long as he's back for the hawks.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I don't think it is necessary to refer to PNC's post in that way. I understood him to be making a different point, namely that it would be politically unpalatable for the AFL to suspend AG this week. That's almost certainly correct.

Thanks mate, my post was certainly not made in a racist way, nor did I infer such, its just that Goodes has such a massive standing in the community, indigenous affairs etc, aussie of the year etc, I simply cannot see him getting suspended, or even reprimanded. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:32 pm

think positive wrote:

And I'm not talking his colour, or anything else, just the way he plays footy, he's a dirty shit

But the MRP let him get away with murder. Because of his colour? Who knows?

Rolling Eyes

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I don't think it is necessary to refer to PNC's post in that way. I understood him to be making a different point, namely that it would be politically unpalatable for the AFL to suspend AG this week. That's almost certainly correct.

Thanks mate, my post was certainly not made in a racist way, nor did I infer such, its just that Goodes has such a massive standing in the community, indigenous affairs etc, aussie of the year etc, I simply cannot see him getting suspended, or even reprimanded. Surprised

Fair enough I guess, but I really don't see the connection.

There are legitimate reasons why Goodes could get off for his bump, we've seen worse escape sanction in recent weeks. It seems the new interpretation is, if you're going for the ball but make incidental or accidental contact you're fine. Going by this, Goodes should be ok. So I really don't see the need for conspiracy theories.

Those recent decisions definitely seem to have seen a rise in head high bumps. I think it's something the league will look to address as it's definitely not something they want to see.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:24 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

Those recent decisions definitely seem to have seen a rise in head high bumps. I think it's something the league will look to address as it's definitely not something they want to see.

Incorrect.
There's been a steady rise in players leading with their heads trying to milk a free kick.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:28 pm

You may be wondering if this is a person or a computer responding.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:55 pm

You people still don't get how the AFL works!

Losing Sidey for the next two doesn't really hurt us that badly as we've got the Lions & doggies. It actually provides an opportunity to get a look at a couple of kids, particularly Martin & Maybe Ben Kennedy.

IIt’s the week after that when we need our best side to beat Hawthorn, and THAT is why he'll get 3 weeks. No intent to harm, perfect record, all of that means zip. Whatever bullshit they cloak it in, it'll be 3 weeks out so he can't play against Hawthorn.

What really pisses me off is the fact that the behaviour of whole sides isn't taken into account. We are the cleanest team playing. A Malthouse dictate that Bucks is continuing. We are disciplined, don't get sucked into fights, don't retaliate, and almost never get done for things like this. the last one was Wellingham 3 years ago. Compare us to dirty sides like Geelong who beat the snot out of players once the ball has moved on and duck more than a Kennedy. Do we get any kind of benefit from this? Only what we give ourselves, the umpires still award us the least frees of any side. We have won the free kick count only three times this year compared to Geelong's 7 & Hawthorn's 6. Any area of the game where the opinions of ex-players is taken into account sees us coming last, it's that simple, and the numbers back it up. But we do nothing about it except pay for the maintenance of other sides. Eddie hit it on the head when he mentioned how we get screwed in the draw and how much we have to pay.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Players like Goodes, Ablett and Judd are all a bit of a protected species when it comes to the tribunal.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:21 pm

I'll never forget Judd getting cleared for throwing an elbow back and splitting Pavlich's head open. Just a weak decision based purely on a players reputation.

Although nothing will ever beat Hall being cleared for punching Matt Macguire full force in the guts 150 metres off the ball in the 2005 prelim. All the media were saying he should get off for the good of the game and so the best players could compete on Grand Final day. The very same media people were calling for Rocca's suspension in 2003 for an in play incident that didn't even frigging hurt Brendan Lade.

All because our media wanted the Sydney fairy tale to play out how they wanted it to and clearly how the AFL wanted it to as well. Hall should've got weeks and even though it's been denied I'll bet London to a brick the verdict for that incident was decided before the tribunal even sat. It still makes my blood boil and I've hated Sydney ever since (although I supported them in 2012 because I detest Hawthorn even more).
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:48 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Fair enough I guess, but I really don't see the connection.

There are legitimate reasons why Goodes could get off for his bump, we've seen worse escape sanction in recent weeks. It seems the new interpretation is, if you're going for the ball but make incidental or accidental contact you're fine. Going by this, Goodes should be ok. So I really don't see the need for conspiracy theories.

Goodes left the ground and bumped.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: