Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies rumble Roos - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure I agree with your assumptions, Brown26.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:11 am

A great game by the pies. The lack of goals in the second half is nothing to worry about. The whole game was played on our terms.
The big thing for me was the attitude of the players. They really looked switched on out there and our pressure is back. Actually its been back since round 2. These are great signs. Our structure is good and we have room to improve and key players to come back.
I loved Fasolo's game. His move down back has been exactly what he and the team needed. He looks in his element, and his skills are very valuable.
A few posters are questioning Goldsack's place in the team. His constant run and pressure is second to none.
HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:15 am

Sounds very handsome.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:27 am

HAL wrote:
Sounds very handsome.

He is HAL - I've heard you love the Sack
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:31 am

I think I overrated Faz's game in my votes (gave him 4). He was good, even great, possibly revelatory. But he wasn't second best on ground behind Sidebottom. Lumumba, Swan, probably Pendles and Cloke had better days.

Love the creativity he brings to the team, as it's something we sorely lack. He did only have 12 kicks (20 handballs Shocked) and was better in the second half when the game had already been decided. The kicking that he did do was good, but he's not yet a Leon, I've never seen anyone as good as Leon was in 2011.

HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:32 am

the fuzz wrote:
[quote="HAL"]Sounds very handsome.[/quote]

He is HAL - I've heard you love the Sack
Are you free?
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:16 pm

The big story for me is the backline. Keefe and Frost form means Reid goes into the forward line and we have a white / Cloke / Reid forward setup. Oh my. Fasolo accumulating possessions and having elite disposal is a god send. Maxy looks so free out there since he handed the reigns over even Eddiesmith must be ready to admit he is worthy of his place.

Buckley is growing in confidence by the day and he is a genuine process based coach, a few losses won't worry him as long as his game plan is developing and his list remains strong.

We are building baby.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Snip:

Hats off to MagpieBat for his belief that Fasolo needed to be trialled across half back.

His creativity and kicking ability is just what we needed and importantly at present isn't really being exposed for a lack of defensive experience.

I thought he was also super impressive today in how he was to get himself out of a tight spot time and again.

He aint super quick but he's footy smart.

Another snip:

Agreed, said last year we should think about throwing him into our backline, anyone listen... zzz, so it's great to see him in the team, and doing so well at adapting to his new situation so quickly.

Also good to see we're turning it around on the field, and it seems, in the box too - so all we need now is a little bit of consistency, and a small upgrade in disposal and we'll be cherry ripe..

Go Pies!!

Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Big T wrote:
The big story for me is the backline. Keefe and Frost form means Reid goes into the forward line and we have a white / Cloke / Reid forward setup. Oh my. Fasolo accumulating possessions and having elite disposal is a god send. Maxy looks so free out there since he handed the reigns over even Eddiesmith must be ready to admit he is worthy of his place.

Buckley is growing in confidence by the day and he is a genuine process based coach, a few losses won't worry him as long as his game plan is developing and his list remains strong.

We are building baby.

You're kidding right? Maxy played a wonderful game last week and all Eddie could do was slag him off. The guy is completely blinded by his hatred of Maxy.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:50 pm

I was just watching some of the replay.
I really feel sorry for anyone having to listen to the commentary. I would have to turn down the sound. Seriously. I don't know who it was but some of the commentators got really frustrated when Collingwood started to pull away in the second quarter. Lots of loud sighing, lots of "I want to see the replay" when Collingwood got a free kick, lots of "that's unfortunate" when Collingwood players did something brilliant. Am I wrong?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:57 pm

they caned north, got really stuck into them.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:00 pm

Stupied wrote:
Big T wrote:

We are building baby.

You're kidding right? Maxy played a wonderful game last week and all Eddie could do was slag him off. The guy is completely blinded by his hatred of Maxy.

Its amazing that we have this gun forward who can mark anything yet is only about a 60% chance of kicking a goal when he lines up, so he gets constantly put down by most people because of his unreliable kicking, yet they scream if someone dares to put down the worst kick of a football in the entire league, Maxwell couldn't hit a target on the chest if there was no one around, his only kick is the helicopter to a pack

But then again maybe his loopy handball that he hopes sticks or the handball to a player with 2 opponents 1cm behind him are brilliant that they can overlook the shit kicking...

At the end of the day he is a backman who can only play if he is allowed to run around on his own looking good being 3rd man up, you cannot let him play on any opponent or they will kick a bag and usually do. So not sure why we should get excited about a player with no skill, no ability to beat an opponent but who is great at being unaccountable and can look good punching a ball away when someone else has the opposition player beaten
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:25 pm

John Wren wrote:
MattyD wrote:
I really feel sorry for anyone having to listen to the commentary. I would have to turn down the sound. Seriously. I don't know who it was but some of the commentators got really frustrated when Collingwood started to pull away in the second quarter. Lots of loud sighing, lots of "I want to see the replay" when Collingwood got a free kick, lots of "that's unfortunate" when Collingwood players did something brilliant. Am I wrong?

they caned north, got really stuck into them.

That's true. I did hear that. But most commentators do barrack for whoever is playing us. And when one of our players does badly or the team losers, they tend to focus on the opponent and how good they are. Maybe I'm just a paranoid worn out Collingwood supporter.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:31 pm

^ more than likely re being washed up. Wink

the one decision they really scratched their heads about was when elliott when up before acceptances and wasn't penalised. at the ground i was sure he'd given away a free.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:28 pm

MattyD wrote:

Smile No your not wrong! After the first 10 minutes of Dunstall commentary I watched the whole game with no sound made an incredible difference to how I enjoyed the game!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: