Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trial by Media! - Sidebottom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He left the ground to compete for a high ball though. There have been two or three heavier bumps than his, over the last few weeks, that have resulted in no suspension because the bumper was competing for the ball. Based on those it would not be at all inconsistent if Goodes gets off, in fact, the reverse would be true.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:59 pm

Culprit wrote:
3 with a 2 for a good record. Guilty for head high contact.

+1 (not weeks, just agreeing with you.)

Stupid incident mainly adrenalin (not malice) driven.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:00 pm

I know you are but what am I.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:40 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Verdict in the Corio Courts' = Not Guilty He is a champion and must be praised not charged.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:51 pm

As mentioned by the Mick Molloy recently... - Sidey to receive the electric chair - and Goodes to get the 'Ablett' treatment...
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:56 am

Many people including Leigh Matthews and Matthew Lloyd declared the Sidebottom hit as Deliberate & High Impact. Surely it was medium impact? I would argue High Impact would be a classification for serious injuries such as a broken nose, fractured cheek-bone or broken leg in the case of a Lindsay Thomas slide. Sidebottom was careless and will get weeks, but surely it must be on the lower end? Two weeks looks about right to me. If he is offered something silly like 4 weeks, the pies should challenge.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:08 am

35forever wrote:
You people still don't get how the AFL works!

Losing Sidey for the next two doesn't really hurt us that badly as we've got the Lions & doggies.

Umm......... Embarassed

At least us people know who we're playing next week.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:34 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Many people including Leigh Matthews and Matthew Lloyd declared the Sidebottom hit as Deliberate & High Impact. Surely it was medium impact? I would argue High Impact would be a classification for serious injuries such as a broken nose, fractured cheek-bone or broken leg in the case of a Lindsay Thomas slide. Sidebottom was careless and will get weeks, but surely it must be on the lower end? Two weeks looks about right to me. If he is offered something silly like 4 weeks, the pies should challenge.

If he is offered 4 weeks, Collingwood should break away and form a new league.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:34 am

Neil Appleby wrote:

No chance in hell it was deliberate. He didn't even have his eyes open as he braced for contact. I was actually shocked when I saw the replay because it was more a glancing blow than anything. I can't see how any sane person would rule that high impact. Yes I know he went off with concussion but I think that was more the hit obviously got him in a sweet spot.

Amazing coming from those two blokes... Lloyd and Matthews... wow... they have the nerve to suggest something is deliberate??

Having said all of that Sidey is wearing a jumper with vertical black and white stripes so there is every chance it would be classified as deliberate and high impact.

Bloody chook lotto

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:40 am

Conspiracy theorist reckons Sidey was due a mid year break and Bucks decided he could earn it.

First minute of game (get it out of the way and then you can concentrate on your last game for a while, mate) and very much out of character. Almost clumsy, except for the fact that HE NAILED HIM heh heh heh heh.

And it was Pendles' tagger yeah?

Makes sense to me.

You folks believe what you like

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am

Problem is, BC, he was actually trying to nail Macaffer - and missed by some considerable margin.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:41 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Problem is, BC, he was actually trying to nail Macaffer - and missed by some considerable margin.

A bit like his kicking of late lol
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:56 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

A bit like his kicking of late lol

you need to watch the first quarter again mate. three goals from set shots and ALL three of them a result of beautiful passes by Sidey. People get things in their heads and they just blow the same horn at every opportunity whether or not the substance is true ......

MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:04 am

With these sorts of incidents I think you need to take the first impression at speed into account.
He ran in off the wing and the ball was headed his way. It was a race to the ball at that point and the ball hit its point and bounced up high as the aust rules footy can do. Sidey, eyes on the ball jumped up in pursuit and while in the air realised he would be second to the ball. He could have shirt fronted Weller with his arms outstreched for the ball as Goodes did and done considerably more damage or he could protect himself as happened.
There was never any intent.
First impression was clear. slowing it down and looking frame by fram always makes it look worse.
Macca didn't think there was intent. Should be a week downgraded to reprimand.

They cannot wait though to hand out a big penalty after what happend to Viney. I think he will get 4 and if so we should challenge.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 am

Hopefully 3 with a 2 guilty plea , tom harley and the rest of the panel on 7 were sickening as the court, but then again how unsuprising. Good to see that both coaches were very cool in their thoughts about the incident.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: