Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies smoke Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a really bad feeling about this game and thought the inclusion of Kreuger was an act of desperation. The coaching group and players keep finding ways to allay my fears. Wow! It's a great time to be a Collingwood supporter Very Happy
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:19 am

the fuzz wrote:
Geez, Maynard was good yesterday.
Melbourne wish they had 1/10 of his heart.

Bruz has got his mojo back
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:45 am

While we won and won easy we need to temper the excitement.
I watched the game twice again and really it wasn’t as dominate as the final scoreboard showed.
6 posters means a 30 point swing
They missed so many kickable goals as well
Melbournes kicking going inside 50 was likely the worst we’ve seen this season
There a side devoid of confidence and have won once in previous 4 weeks even losing to west coast
We lost contested possession by 23
There pressure rating was 162 for the match
We came off a 10 day break which shouldn’t be underestimated

While I’m super happy we won we will need to be much better going forward
The highlights for me where
Harrison looks to be a AFL player more and more each week
Schulz is looking like he’s settling in more
WHE is very important to the teams structure
Howe coming off a 10 day break looked energised
Cameron is just about our most important player

Will be interesting to see how we manage and handle the veterans and those young players when we have more players to select from after the bye.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:30 am

Petracca went under the knife for a lacerated Spleen, Punctured Lung, and four broken ribs. Ouch.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:38 am

Culprit wrote:
Petracca went under the knife for a lacerated Spleen, Punctured Lung, and four broken ribs. Ouch.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

The fact that he tried to keep playing shows how much of a warrior he is.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:59 am

Culprit wrote:

I think Melbourne's medical and football departments will be counting their lucky stars today that nothing further happened to him when he was allowed back on the field of play yesterday. I would hope that our medical staff and decision makers are more conservative than that, and in a case where the extent of injuries are not known, put the player's welfare first and rule them out of the game when necessary.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/06/11/comment-the-dees-failed-christian-petracca-on-kings-birthday-and-they-must-be-held-accountable/

Last edited by Gerry Cooper on Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:11 pm

^^It's all speculation whether his running out again injured him more. The Medical staff would have listened to him saying he was right to play. I am sure Darcy will contact him to see how he's going.

It may have already been mentioned, I just read the guy in the circle is Fly's brother-in-law and was diagnosed with MND 12 months ago.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:25 pm

Kruegs getting through the game but not only that we actually got to see his effort and fight. Never seen that side of him before. Him, checkers, Jamie, McReery and Bobby as a fwd 50 might work. Add McStay and rotate off the bench.
Will be interesting come seasons end who is best 22.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:28 pm

Well my Monday wasn't great.

Got a message on Sunday night that a close friend had a heart attack on the way into the footy for Carlton V Essendon. Happened at North Richmond Station. He is still in the Alfred now, but signs are now good.

I also have come down with covid. So I was not able to attend yesterdays game. A friend of my sister said they would take our seats for the day but they didnt show up, so our 3 tickets went unused.

I listened to the first half on ABC radio and then made it to the living room couch to watch the second half. Obviously very happy with the win. Especially as many of us thought this would be the tougher game out of Dogs-Dees-North.

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:16 pm
Post subject: pies v deesReply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Thanks Magpies, for putting some sunshine into a very sad day. This morning, my beloved Boxer doggie boy, Tyson, passed away, after a brief illness, he was 12 yrs old. I laid him to rest next to his bro, Oscar, his best buddy. This great victory so undermanned, against all odds, is just the tonic I needed. Thank you Collingwood.

So sorry to hear..We love our doggies. Crying or Very sad

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:20 pm
Post subject: pies v deesReply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
Well my Monday wasn't great.

Got a message on Sunday night that a close friend had a heart attack on the way into the footy for Carlton V Essendon. Happened at North Richmond Station. He is still in the Alfred now, but signs are now good.

I also have come down with covid. So I was not able to attend yesterdays game. A friend of my sister said they would take our seats for the day but they didnt show up, so our 3 tickets went unused.

I listened to the first half on ABC radio and then made it to the living room couch to watch the second half. Obviously very happy with the win. Especially as many of us thought this would be the tougher game out of Dogs-Dees-North.

Glad to hear he is on the improve. We visited a very old friend yesterday before the game who had a big stoke and is now in a home .Was very confronting.
Made me appreciate being able to go watch the pies play and win.
Things can change in an instant. Crying or Very sad

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:31 pm

Very happy with that win against a team that were expecting to come out steaming when we were so undermanned.

I was waiting for them to come back in the last, but they didn't. Our pressure was just on for the whole day.

Now we just have to get past Norf and into the bye, afterwhich we should hopefully start to regain some players.

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:40 pm

Haff wrote:
Kruegs getting through the game but not only that we actually got to see his effort and fight. Never seen that side of him before.

That's a little unfair on him. In fact I would say one of his best attributes he has shown in the few games he has played in the seniors has been his effort and fight. His main detractions have been his propensity to get injured, going to ground too often and making poor decisions. D
espite playing a good game yesterday he still went to ground a lot and he had a brain fade when he when he went second up in a ruck contest when it was clear that Darcy Cameron was the nominated ruckman.

Daicosesque 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:54 pm

Winning the last quarter speaks volumes. Didn't think the lead at 3 quarter time was going to be enough based on the last few games.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:32 pm

Jezza wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

The fact that he tried to keep playing shows how much of a warrior he is.

im really pissed about this, the one Melbourne player I like, you could tell he was bad when he went off, those injuries could be life threatening. $£$%^%%$ disgusting, where is the outcry?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: