Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Bulldogs - all comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Yep, I'd have been happy enough if Fasolo was in. Even with his omission though, I'm a little disappointed that Adams has come in for him. Would have preferred Broomhead or Kennedy.

I guess Adams is considered a chance for the Hawthorn game and they're giving him one more chance to impress.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
paulie 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:55 pm

Wow a little shocked to seee fas out would have thought he could of had one quiet game and still be in the side.I actually reckon they might rest one of the two young rucks and fas comes back in.Will be intersting who doesn't line up against Sandy on Saturday.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Bad luck for Faz. Played a good game against St Kilda but dropped after a quiet one last week which just shows that competition for spots in the seniors in intense.

Adams really needs to seize his chance this week as he hasn't made the most of his chances as yet. If he keeps calm and just does his thing as I've seen him do week in and out in the reserves then he'll be fine. The talent is there (and then some) he just needs to keep it simple and perform his role to the clubs liking and he'll cement a spot.
Kosh 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:01 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Yep, I'd have been happy enough if Fasolo was in. Even with his omission though, I'm a little disappointed that Adams has in for him. Would have preferred Broomhead or Kennedy.

I guess Adams is considered a chance for the Hawthorn game and they're giving him one more chance to impress.

I suspect that Fasolo has been left out as a lesson. He can be a very, very good footballer but he tends to go missing from the contest if he feels that he has done enough. He does this in the scoobs all the time. Contrast that with Blair & the Sack, who don't have his talent. They always keep doing the hard things even when they aren't quite working for them. I think that the Gaffer is coaching for the boy's long term career rather than the next game.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:58 pm

Strange selection decision to replace Fasolo with Adams.

Adams for any of Blair, Thomas or Ball would have been fine but I would have though that Broomhead or Kennedy for Fasolo would have been a better fit.

Wouldn't surprise if there was a late change with Witts the one to make way though if Reid gets through the VFL unscathed this week he will be back next round against the hawks IMO so this is probably the last time in the short term we'll see both Grundy and Witts in the same side.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:
In: Adams White
Out: Goldsack Fasolo

Hope Adams is not the Sub

Adams and Ball front runners for the green vest you'd reckon, Adams with his nose just in front because Ball had it last round.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:06 pm

jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:

Adams and Ball front runners for the green vest you'd reckon, Adams with his nose just in front because Ball had it last round.

I think it be a waste of Time giving Adams’s the Green Vest. He be better off playing in the 2nds

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:09 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Disappointing ins. Would have liked to see one of the young players who've been banging the door down at VFL level given a go.

Adams gets another chance, but it's almost certain that either Adams, Ball or Thomas will be the sub. We rarely play two of them, let alone three.

Yeah, would have been nice to see Broomy or Kennedy get a run. They offer a bit of a different option to the Thomas and Adams type.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:22 pm

paulie wrote:
Wow a little shocked to seee fas out would have thought he could of had one quiet game and still be in the side.I actually reckon they might rest one of the two young rucks and fas comes back in.Will be intersting who doesn't line up against Sandy on Saturday.

It's a brave new world now we have some emerging young players. I think Pendles and Sidey and players of that ilk get an extra chance, fringe players need to start to get accustomed to a perform or demote selection policy. Fas hasn't quite re-established himself as a regular 22 player so was always going to be vulnerable. Sad that he doesn't get the chance to build consistent form at senior level, nice we've got a few knocking on the door.

Last edited by jackcass on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:22 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Strange selection decision to replace Fasolo with Adams.

Adams for any of Blair, Thomas or Ball would have been fine but I would have though that Broomhead or Kennedy for Fasolo would have been a better fit.

Wouldn't surprise if there was a late change with Witts the one to make way though if Reid gets through the VFL unscathed this week he will be back next round against the hawks IMO so this is probably the last time in the short term we'll see both Grundy and Witts in the same side.

Of course he has to get through training first. Crying or Very sad

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Adams and Ball front runners for the green vest you'd reckon, Adams with his nose just in front because Ball had it last round.[/quote]

I think it be a waste of Time giving Adams’s the Green Vest. He be better off playing in the 2nds[/quote]

I reckon Adams will take any senior opportunity he can get. Who know, may be Thomas or Young or Blair.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Pies by 27goals, easy.

Nah, I jest, but surely a nine goal thumping is on the table. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:25 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't one or two late changes to rest up for next week against the Hawks.

Like Cloke or Beams or Pendles or Harry etc.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:51 am

Cloke needs to play so he can beat up on the undersized back line, it can help continue playing him back into touch.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:51 pm

We just need the 4 points. No injuries and no reports will be a bonus.

The big one is next week. We all know that. Win these 2 and we have earned top 4 status.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: