Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies smoke Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
Haff wrote:
Kruegs getting through the game but not only that we actually got to see his effort and fight. Never seen that side of him before.

That's a little unfair on him. In fact I would say one of his best attributes he has shown in the few games he has played in the seniors has been his effort and fight. His main detractions have been his propensity to get injured, going to ground too often and making poor decisions. D
espite playing a good game yesterday he still went to ground a lot and he had a brain fade when he when he went second up in a ruck contest when it was clear that Darcy Cameron was the nominated ruckman.

hes built like a tank now, im looking forward to seeing him play unfettered by injury worry. i thought he took a lot on his shoulders and did it well.

Kingston Lucas Tuck 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:17 pm

Interesting points raised re Freddie K and otoh the decision to send “ Tracc” back out .

On the 2nd point , while it’s highly possible the player insisted that he was “ right to go” , medicos surely must “ tick off” on such steps after excluding probable outcomes from that type of impact.

What actually occurred will eventually be revealed .

Surprise is expressed by one poster at his input …to quote …“ his effort and fight” surprised .
Odd . He hadn’t played senior footy for 400+ days and his appearance numbers overall , with us and with Geelong are minimal.
Anyway , this is clear
He is a strapping 6’5” athlete who can jump for marks and gives the pill a decisive thump off a direct ( not slanted ) approach ….and he relished physical contact
I thought that most supporters knew this
His problem has been getting on the park and stringing a batch of decent games together
Two other things ….yes he definitely went to ground when in prime spots to take possession and score or to mark within easy range . He COULD easily have scored 5 or 6 majors yesterday

The other observation diluting our performance raises “ posters” by Dees and inside 50’s . ( we had a poster too iirc)

The one really consistent aspect of our game was the ferocity and stifling impact of our tackling and running.

Doubtless the longer break helped us and the returning Hyphen was ultra fresh , yet we have had short breaks earlier this season too , so this is increasingly part of the competition , and the mix of Moore, Cameron, Maynard, Crisp , Nick and Josh and the Hyphen have been consistent performers from day 1 this season .
To be able to introduce lesser knowns who are proving to be genuine contributors is more than just pleasing , it’s bloody exciting .

Personally I’m now ultra hopeful that from a mix of - Ryan, Allen, Carmichael ( when fit) Steene ( ditto) , McStay ( ditto) Smit, Parker, Reef, Long ( when fit) , Harry and Jiath as well as an in form Ash J , there might be plenty more pleasant surprises in store for us

jayaykay 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:46 pm

I must admit, I'm surprised the title of this post-match discussion wasn't "Pies smoke Dees!". Laughing
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:39 pm

I agree. Very Happy

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:53 pm

Wow. This is big coming from Robbo

“Collingwood’s forward line of Kreuger, (Harvey) Harrison and (Billy) Frampton, it’s not exactly McKenna, Coventry and Peter Daicos, is it? And they kicked seven goals between them,” chief Herald Sun reporter Mark Robinson said on AFL 360.

“Seriously, this is an incredible football club. It takes the saying ‘play your role’ to a level we’ve not seen for quite some time.

“Collingwood has got something. If you can bottle it, I’m not sure what it’s called, but they keep turning up week after week. They shouldn’t be near Melbourne – not on the talent level – and they played with Melbourne today.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/collingwood-magpies/afl-2024-nick-daicos-injury-latest-knock-to-shin-craig-mcrae-collingwood-magpies-praise-after-win-over-melbourne-demons-role-players-stepping-up-reaction-response-latest-news/news-story/ab58fcead038d420201199d760a3d485
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:34 pm

Not sure if already mentioned, but has Pickett been cited for his finger salute to a Collingwood player? or just nothing to see here?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:44 pm

Kingston Lucas Tuck wrote:
Interesting points raised re ... the decision to send “ Tracc” back out .

... while it’s highly possible the player insisted that he was “ right to go” , medicos surely must “ tick off” on such steps after excluding probable outcomes from that type of impact.

4 broken ribs, a lacerated spleen and a punctured lung, it seems.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1149844/melbourne-demons-superstar-christian-petracca-suffers-lacerated-spleen-four-broken-ribs-punctured-lung
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:09 pm

Petracca’s not only a gun (and former Pies supporter) he’s got more heart than that whole side put together…shame we couldn’t get him across to us a couple of years ago…imagine how awesome it would have been to have in the black and white alongside Nick, Pendles, DeGoey, and Crispy to name just a few.

It hasn’t really been mentioned much anywhere but testament to the character of our boys for not roughing him up or putting in some cheap shots to his ribs to test him out when he came back on even when they had him lined up a few times…obviously must be pretty well liked and respected. All class CFC! Go Pies!!!!

Kingston Lucas Tuck 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:13 pm

Any one of you posters had fractured ribs before and been tested by the trainers ?
The basic non medical test iis ( back in the day was) a double armed chest squeeze from behind . You pretty quickly have some idea of what’s going on …ie serious discomfort or transient ?

The Dee’s fans hooted our Ex De La boy for the non purposeful tail end of a year old pure footy act …an airial attempt to block ( in the course of which he touched the kick ) ….resulting in incidental physical contact with a former junior footy pal …Dees Brayshaw .

I wonder about their reaction to their own bench they might hoot next match .

Incidentally did anyone hear Cornes personal perception about the lack of overt on field animosity by Dees players against The Bruz .?
The clear message was criticism about the inadequacy of or the lack of on field distain for something cleared by the AFL last year
Interesting .

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:48 pm

Kingston Lucas Tuck wrote:

The Dee’s fans hooted our Ex De La boy for the non purposeful tail end of a year old pure footy act …an airial attempt to block ( in the course of which he touched the kick ) ….resulting in incidental physical contact with a former junior footy pal …Dees Brayshaw..

Woo hoo for De La. Perhaps Bruzza could be another AFL Legend like other De La alumina in Kennedy, Dyer and Sheedy. Interesting all named were tough with mongrel thrown in.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:43 pm

think positive wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Petracca went under the knife for a lacerated Spleen, Punctured Lung, and four broken ribs. Ouch.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

The fact that he tried to keep playing shows how much of a warrior he is.

im really pissed about this, the one Melbourne player I like, you could tell he was bad when he went off, those injuries could be life threatening. $�$%^%%$ disgusting, where is the outcry?

Absolutely tp. David King called it out after the game but got shut down by his panel members.
At best melb were maybe justified in sending him back on given he said he was right. Maybe but yeah nah players like him would say that. Need to protect them from themselves. Ok benefit of the doubt there. See how you go working though adversity Christian. But it was clear after his first contest or two he needed to be subbed out. How long did it take till they eventually did that? Well over a quarter. What a disgrace.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:10 pm

More than 24 hours after the match concluded, I'm still chuffed with how we performed. A very even performance and the intensity and pressure numbers were consistent throughout the whole game.

Even with key personnel missing, we've been able to definitively see that our system holds up really well. Credit to Fly and the coaching group for producing a coaching masterclass to get us playing the way we are despite missing some significant talent. I've never been able this happy with our coaches for as long as I can remember.

In the context of the season, this is a significant win to hopefully launch our premiership credentials in the back half of the season. Just need to finish the job against North Melbourne this Sunday, and we'll be in a very good position heading into the bye and hopefully gathering momentum for the final third of the season.

On the personal front, I've almost never experienced this feeling as a supporter, but there's a sense of calmness and satisfaction with the current state of our club. We're the reigning premiers, we have great coaches that are always finding new and innovative ways to stay ahead of the curve and the playing group is always producing an entertaining and high standard of football regardless of the final result. That's why I don't get too agitated even if we lose. It's rare to experience these highs, but at the moment we're on a high at the moment as a football club and that should be celebrated and cherished.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:20 pm

Well said Jezza.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:33 am

Having watched the replays a few times now, the body language of the Melbourne players, led by Steven May, is appalling. Half-arsed chases, arguing with the umpires (from early on - never a good sign), not getting around each other...

I reckon there is something of culturally unhappiness there.

(Could we have Max Gawn for a couple of years please?)
jayaykay 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:30 am

jayaykay wrote:
I must admit, I'm surprised the title of this post-match discussion wasn't "Pies smoke Dees!". Laughing

And, now it's been changed! Awesome!! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: