Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Rnd 9 Pies v Saints. All comments here please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:13 pm
Post subject: Pre-Match: Rnd 9 Pies v Saints. All comments here pleaseReply with quote

What do you think our chances are?

Traditionally we have struggled against the Saints (though who can forget the shellacking we gave them last year, when all they did was flood the backline), and we may find the likes of Riewoldt, Hamill, Milne, Gehrig (actually came into some form last week) pretty difficult to match up on. But of course, we have our own stars...Nath, Chrissy, Roc, Burnsy, Lica...the list goes on and on!

And maybe the "West Australian travel hoodoo" will continue on this week too!

Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We merely need to go back to the adelaide game and rehearse the centre clearances from quarter time.

We are almost unstoppable when the midfield are having a go. Matchups are a key. I don't see gehrig as a problem nor Milne.

Riewoldt could be a pain in the arse but this indeed is the game that will shape Collingwood's year.

Smash them, and we are still serious contenders for the top four.

Just get over them, questions will indeed hang over us, particularly with Port coming.

Lose, let's not think about that.

Adz 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 4:34 pm

I really hope we win by like 10 goals and really hurt these boys of St Kilda.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:34 pm

i think this is the first game this year where the opposition ruckman wont hurt us to much or maybe not at all.Tarrant should kill Penny & they have no-one to much up on Rocca other than Gehrig & they need him to kick goals to win. pies by 27 -33 pts
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:39 pm

I dont think we struggle against the Saints that much head to head we have won 145 and lost 49 and drawn once we have also won our past 5 v the Saints and the Saints havent beaten us since 1998.
im confident we can win by 45 points
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
hotpies 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:24 pm

this will not be an easy game, i belive the saints will come out firing, but the pies will overcome the, and finish the game off by leading by 20 points.
Candy 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:21 pm

cloke will play??!!
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:07 am

no such thing as an easy game but it couldnt have worked out better for us so there are no excuses. saints are in decent form but its hard backing up after playing in perth and other than presti and of course tarks, we are pretty much at full strength. clement on hamill, holland on milne, cloke in to play on reiwoldt when he goes forward... i think we can match up ok. absolute must win and i'll be VERY disappointed if the boys dont come out all guns blazing in the first 10 minutes. woeful 1st quarters this year that must be fixed. attacking footy and knock the shit out of a few of their kids early on to set the tone.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am

Dead set if we don't win this one (even if by just a solitary point), I'l have to re-think our season. Not because we'll be 4-5 but I just don't rate st.kilda at all. We have played and lost to reasonable opposition thus far (apart from the swans), a loss here is unacceptable. Having said all that I know we'll win. Any chance Richo to come in to give us another tall in the back line (probably underdone still) having lost Presti or maybe even Texas Walker? I just don't see Wakes or Jimmy as a FB.
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:55 am

Saints are a much improved side and have some great young talent, but still are very beatable and have many weaknesses, which will hopefully be emphasised by the loss of Hughton and Koschitzke.

We need a lift from Lonie, Williams and Woey from there form last week. Three important players who are capable of having big games, and this is the perfect opportunity for our big forwards and ruckmen to dominate (yes OUR rucks could dominate for once). Looking forward to seeing how Josh goes.

Ins: Kinnear/Cloke
Out: Presti (inj)

Very unlucky if McGough doesnt get in (45 touches in Willi), but I just dont know which small to drop as Leon, Williams, Brodie, Johnno and Cole should all get at elast one more game. Shaw might be in trouble but I think he should stay in.

BOG: Woey
Pies by 30
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 5:48 pm

DO NOT START OFF THE MATCH SLOW!!!!!!!!!!.

If we start the game off slow like we did last week vs the eagles, then the saints will get a run on.

I am sick of seeing the pies start of like they r half a sleep.

PLEASE KICK THE GOALS U HAVE A CHANCE TO!!!!!!!.

AND TACKLE LIKE U MEAN TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
DO NOT DO SOFT TACKLES,WHERE THEY JUST BRUSH RIGHT PAST U.

If they do these things,they will get confidence going and then watch out!

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:31 pm

I think this week our small forwards may be able to hurt them more than our talls as they don't have many players that can play on Didak, Davis and Holland. Tarrant should have another good game and Molloy needs to have more input. Expect Josh Fraser to play a good game as he is up against an average ruckman in Capuano and he can be dominant on the forward line for us as we will stretch there defence.
Magpie victory by 25 points.
silf85 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 8:18 am
Post subject: UmpsReply with quote

Umpires tonight are

#2- Michael Vozzo
#3- StephenMcFuckihateyouBurney
#5- MatthewyouscrewedusinthegrandfinalJames
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:06 pm
Post subject: Re: Pre-Match: Rnd 9 Pies v Saints. All comments here pleaseReply with quote

kristin5 wrote:

Traditionally we have struggled against the Saints

I wouldnt say that. They haven't beaten us for 5 years. We must pull our finger out this week. This is make or break stuff.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 7:46 pm

Great start by the mighty's. 8 goals to 6 behinds. Keep it up 'pies you beauty!!

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: