Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Football Violence

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:00 pm
Post subject: Football ViolenceReply with quote

As thre is no proof of this surposed assult at the game between Collingwood and St. Kilda, I am going to make this one comment.

Soon enough this is going to be a problem at the AFL, some other sports have suffered violence in the crowd. And I think the AFL needs to try harder to end this small problem before it runs wild. WE don't know if there was an assult during the game, but this could end up turning into a problem at AFL games. I know there is only a limited amount of things the security guards that are currently at the games can do, and they haven't got a million eyes. Maybe the AFL, and the grounds need to install cameras around the ground. First a young girl was assulted by a Telstra Dome Security Guard, and now there is alleged assult during a recent Collingwood/St. Kilda match. We need to realise, that there may actually be another assult during a game and it might end up fatal. So, what do the rest of you feel we need to do, so ensure safety at an AFL game?

This is just some idea's, if you don't agree please tell me why, I am interested to know. I don't want this to end up in a "fight" so please keep it clean.[/b]

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

camera's are a good idea m8, if your doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about. things need to be done BEFORE something serious happens, although woman young or old being asulted is very serious. the AFL/MCG/Docklands etc should be proactive, who wants english soccer style matches?
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:48 pm

At the MCG last year we had this bloto man leaning all over my mum, and I went balistic at him.....well the cops were their within 2 minutes and the drunk was told to sit and behave.
I was impressed totally and was told that they would have had security cameras on him for the rest of the game, which he behaved.
Maybe we all should point out possible volitile situations to the security/ police way before something serious happens so they can keep an eye on things.

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:57 pm

Well in turn, this will be able to keep everyone safe, and make sure people who are there to enjoy the game can enjoy it. And the peoole who are there to start a fight are left out of the game. If you remember at the cricket there were people acting up and throwing things on the ground and carrying on. The new cameras that were put in helped eject most of the trouble makers. Which will make all sporting events safer, and with world events the way they are, there is going to be some uneasy people thinking about going to the footy. And if their safety and everyone ele's safety. Then if there is an assult, the person that did it can be Id'd and we won't have to worry about the rest of it.

Hired-Goon Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:29 pm

Being a younger supporter who often goes to games by myself, there is nothing i hate more than seeing fights at the football.

It's a terrible way to end your day at the football.

eg. after the WCE match at the dome next to the Locker Room....

Personally, (don't know how to organize it) i thinkn that people that are involved in fights (the REAL troublemakers) should be banned from the footy?

I reckon that the security lapses often, where certain areas are well protected, and with others, a person could get seriously hurt before any type of security could come to help.

Let's be a team that is totally against violence at the footy.

One of the biggest problems in our game.

Cheers guys,
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:37 am

i wont be suprised if there are fights this week at aami stadium after the media jumper hype this week i can feel the tension in the air now.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:52 am

If we are unlucky...

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:15 am

I can remember watching 1984 on TV as a youngster, and we were all saying, imagine living in a world where cameras are watching you all the time - everyone knew it was a nightmare scenario and couldn't imagine it really happening. it shows the power of media brainwashing that now so many people like all you think it is a good thing and even the establishment mantra "it 's no problem if you have nothing to hide" was mentioned here. interesting that Orwell also predicted that the public would not believe that they were being oppressed.
Yep we've come a long way since then - backwards that is.

As far as the odd fist fight at the footy, there was usually a scuffle of some kind during most suburban games and it was generally considered part of the entertainment . but not in our brave new goody-goody world it seems.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:40 am

I really don't find fights in the crowd "entertaining" vety un-safe for other supporters who are there to watch the game.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:54 am

46000 people and one fight. That's a pretty good statistic.

We are talking a sport that is sponsored by a brewery that sells alcohol at a venue and as long as you’re paying they keep serving.

Emotions run high and with the mix of excessive alcohol consumed it's a recipe for violence.

The security guard matter is crap and the way it's been handled by all is crap. The guy is still working as a security guard but not at the venue. What happens to the next ten year old he assaults?
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:16 pm

im going to ammi stadium to watch the good old pies, now im feeling pretty scared cause everyone at my work was going if u win run get out of the ground as fast as u can. Is it really that bad over there or were they trying to scare me
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:22 pm

Some ppl ask to fight the way they carry on. Were all only human, sometimes its hard to control ur temper.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:29 pm

magpie_1983 wrote:
im going to ammi stadium to watch the good old pies, now im feeling pretty scared cause everyone at my work was going if u win run get out of the ground as fast as u can. Is it really that bad over there or were they trying to scare me

Just stick with your friends...and its better to stay in the ground after the game...SA supporters are very quick to leave the ground. Don't go to the loo alone.
You will be fine....be loud and be proud......WE ARE THE MAGPIES!!!!!!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:21 pm

Unpredictably, this will all come to a head when someone is seriously injured, or killed. At this point, the 'shock jocks' and carnival spruikers who encouraged the very atmosphere that promoted the violence in the first place will begin their holier than thou sermonising and blame everyone except the ones with the real blood on their hands, themselves.
Nova Kaine Leo

Winners never quit, and quitters NEVER win.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:47 pm

If we are talking about the alleged Saints supporter that was assulted, that is utter rubbish. If there was an assult there would of been a report by now and some media coverage. Which there hasn't been, so they are full of themelves.

Now, I agree about trhe violence in football, however, there isn't an easy way to solve this problem. Because we will always know that in South Australia they will start up even if they are winning. There were many trouble makers down here in Tasmania when Hawthorn played Adelaide.

Oh yeah, and thanks Prototye, for letting me use the computer Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: