Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

NIGHT GRANNY ??, No way, Pendles !!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:40 pm
Post subject: NIGHT GRANNY ??, No way, Pendles !!Reply with quote

The Age has just run an article that says our Pendles wants a Night Grand Final soon. Shocked

Sorry, Pendles, I love ya, but NO WAY known, do I ever want to see a Night GF, I mean, if we are in it, imagine the agony of waiting the entire day to see it, or go to it ??. And, if we won, its a bit damn late to party hard, is it not, celebrate ??.

NO Pendles, no, cannot agree mate. ! Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
slydog81 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends if the capatalists have their way I guess.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:19 pm

I'd prefer it to be at night, better atmosphere.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:23 pm
Post subject: What?Reply with quote

He should stand down immediately! What the hell was he thinking with this stunt? If I was President, he would summons him to the Board room and advise him that he isn't indispensable. How dare any player subject our Club to this unwarranted media attention. We look look bloody fools now. Omg what next! It's about time the Coach pulled these players into line or he can face a suspension as well.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:32 pm

Just another media fluff piece.
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:34 pm

And watch the price of your currently "affordable" Grand Final tickets go up in price each year to pay for it.

Amazing that we all (all teams fans) care and invest so much of our time and money over a whole footy season , and the thing that a lot of people want to or seem to remember the most about the Grand Final is of a super rich overseas millionaire singing 3 of their songs at half time of the game.

If we do get a night Grand Final there is no / any comparable Australian talent that would come close to putting on a "Half time Super Bowl entertaiment" let alone finding a new Aussie act each year to better the last.

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:48 pm

The only way it'll happen is if the league determine they can make more money off it.

I personally don't really care all that much to be honest, although I agree that it'd be extremely hard on the nerves having to wait all day for it!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:20 pm

I would be more than happy to attend a night GF at any time as long as the Pies are the winners at the end of the night.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:21 pm

Why should we have it at night? Because other sports do, that's the stupidest reasoning to do anything.

The best thing about keeping it during the day is if you make kids and families can both attend the game and go to the post match activities.

Imagine a grand final starting at 7.30, it wouldn't end till close to 10.30 and only adults would be able to celebrate if their club has won it.

Stupid idea, the highlight of our grand final is the actual game, unlike other sports that have to dress it up to make it a bigger spectacle
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Not sure I like the idea either, but believe me it WILL happen. It's inevitable. Besides, the entertainment value of night finals is so great (e.g. Superbowl Half-Time etc.) because the dark forms a perfect backdrop for the spotlights on the artists. But the main reason it will happen is this: Ratings only really count for TV in prime time (i.e. evenings). The next footy TV rights are said to be on offer for a massive $1.6 billion. I suggest that if the networks pay that sort of money it is inevitable they will demand a night grand final.

So get used to the idea because it will happen.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Well, we have had a certain difficulty *cough *cough winning one during the day *cough in September *cough

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:06 pm
Post subject: Re: What?Reply with quote

Hiss wrote:
He should stand down immediately! What the hell was he thinking with this stunt? If I was President, he would summons him to the Board room and advise him that he isn't indispensable. How dare any player subject our Club to this unwarranted media attention. We look look bloody fools now. Omg what next! It's about time the Coach pulled these players into line or he can face a suspension as well.

This is the same Captain that felt the traditional FamilyDay was beneath him as he headed overseas for the Superbowl. Some excused him as this was a once in a lifetime event, well what's being made Captain of Collingwood an everyday event?

He hasn't started well IMO.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:23 pm
Post subject: Re: What?Reply with quote

1061 wrote:
Hiss wrote:

This is the same Captain that felt the traditional FamilyDay was beneath him as he headed overseas for the Superbowl. Some excused him as this was a once in a lifetime event, well what's being made Captain of Collingwood an everyday event?

He hasn't started well IMO.

Oh no, not the family day, nooooooooooo!!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:23 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Defender wrote:
I'd prefer it to be at night, better atmosphere.

+1

I'm up for it as well.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:42 pm

it will happen. pendles will be an advocate to get the masses on board with the idea becoming reality. watch for ablett and co to support the concept.

maybe the government can move one of the public holidays to make a big weekend of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: