Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

match report pies dump poodumpers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:54 pm
Post subject: match report pies dump poodumpersReply with quote

Match report,better late than never,from a far off lounge room.

Due to having other duties friday night and then the daughters taping of the game not working out i have had to wait until monday to watch the game in its entirety.
so heres my report,as they say better late than never i suppose.
late change saw young Swan come in for Shaw who is out injured again.
on the pine are Didak,Brodie,Roop and Swan.
game on!
Ant starts off in the ruck with josh down fwd.
Cloke gets a few whacks early and goes off with a sore ankle 2 minutes in.but before he limps off he gets a free and 50,bucks takes the kick and Josh marks and misses an easy shot.
Tigers go fwd Cole lays 2 ineffective tackles and they goal.7-1 down,thankfully its not a game of soccer.
the next Cole tackle laid is for keeps,noone was going anywhere this time.Obree roves the pack like a good small man should runs on and goals on the run from the boundary.
early work is good from molly and lika they are in everything,Willo marks a juggler at the back of a pack and goals.
Bucks hits Josh on the tits again and he misses again.
Umpires are paying more frees tonight than ever,its like happy hour for umpires..
Kinnear has been good early,sadly he goes off with a twisted ankle and stays off.
Goals to Brodie,Molly and the now weekly Johnno goal on the run and we are already in control.
Presti is making Richo look silly,we in fact should be 10 goals up had we not wasted our chances. 33-9
As the tv shows wayne Brittain adressing the tigers i start to ponder if he is the weakest link at bitchmond.
chaos follows him.who cares .i stop wondering about that.
just make mental note that we dont want him anywhere near our boys ever.
Molly starts off the 2nd qtr with a long point ,and then some superb tough work by molly gets the ball to lonie who rolls one thru,cometti called it a snooker shot.I call it just another party trick from the boy.he has plenty.
8 minutes of not much happened and then Willo left foots to Roop centres to Molly who takes a strong mark and goals.
Swan passes to Burns and he sinks a goal from 50 and its all too easy.
Burns marks at half back,passes to Taz who slots it to Willo all on his lonesome and he runs in and slams another sausage roll thru.
More good work from Swan sees woey run in and have a shot from 50 but he is off line.
Bucks has a couple of turns at making Richo look silly and does it with aplomb.
Tigers get a pt and Lonies kick in gets down to molly who roves a pack at the 60 and sinks a long bomb goalwards and in it goes.
tigers another point,Lonie another kick in and before richmond touch it we goal again.to Ant this time and he follows up with another not long after.
siren for half time sounds just as bucks is climbing high to take a specky.78-24

one would think with the game in the bag already,we would go for the kill.
not so
the pies go all uberflood and there is no system at all in our play.
probably the less said about that 3rd term the better.
we hold richmond from scoring but some silly errors and the drop in intensity was evident.thankfully not much damage was done but we have to play 4 qtrs each week against the good sides so to play lacklutre stuff against a dud squad was not what was required.
the only thing worth seeing was Richo making himself look silly,when he marked 20 out and kicked out on full.
86-38

Molly lifted the bar early in the last qtr with a superb effort that saw the ball worked from wing to fwd pocket,then he snagged the throw in and goaled left foot from the pocket to give him 4 for the night.
i imagined all the molly knockers here to be standing in the corner with hands on heads for the rest of the night.
tazza gets a pass from cheesy and goals,Rocca marks and flattens Hilton in the process while molly shepherded.
Hilton should be thankful Ant wasnt shepherding Molly.
Ant goals.
Holland for richmond takes his 3rd mark for the half in front of cloke and goals his 3rd.
Bucks sinks a long goal on the run from 50,as joffa dons the gold jacket and hat.
Obree gets a free the 2 lots of 50 and goals.
he only needed 10 of the second 50 so the umps owe him 40 still some other time.
Molly is playing both ends now,and is still in everything.
Ottens gets a free and molly looks for all the world like an angel asking what did he do wrong,but the ump explains its against wakes for a soft as butter holding foul.
wouldnt even have been paid in basketball.
Josh and Roop goal to finish off the nights scoring.
i must say the umps were very kind to us all night,lets hope that wasnt a one off.
votes
2 Bucks,Lika,Molly,Burns
1 Josh,Presti.

good work also by young Swan,Roop,Johnno,Cheesy,Ant,Lokan.
pretty well a good team effort.
bring on the bloos
im in the mood for us to hand out a good old fashion hiding.
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, a great read, as usual. Thanks.

GO PIES
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: