Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

PRE-MATCH: Collingwood v filth.... All comments here please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:39 pm
Post subject: PRE-MATCH: Collingwood v filth.... All comments here please.Reply with quote

Here we are Rnd. 17, can the Pies make it 5 in a row against our most hated rival?
What are your thoughts?

Last edited by AnthonyC on Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Crush, Kill, Destroy and Humiliate are the words which describe what we must do to Carlton.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:33 pm

Yes, I want to beat them by 1 point......

.....1 point more than Wet Toast beat them the other week so that we can claim our biggest margin record back.
hotpies 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:48 pm

one coach said once "the only thing better than beating collingwood by 5goals, was beating them by 5 points" (or something along the lines of that Razz )

It's a very even debate saying it's better to win by a point rather than 10 goals but shit happens. If the pies continue the way they are they will go fine without to much swet involved at all Cool
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:55 pm

As long as we don't take them too lighlty we should win this one easily. Carlton have a habit of beating there rivals when they are down and out we all remember what they did to us in round three last year. If the Pies attack this game hard and don't resort to dumb football where they take forever to move the ball than we should win.

Anyone know what the weather forecast is for Sunday?
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:49 pm

What changes should we make for this week assuming Ben Kinnear cannot take his place in the side. According to the Herald Sun yesterday Clement will be out for another two weeks with his hamstring.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:30 pm

Going to be an interesting game, we haven't beaten them twice in a year for a long while. But I think we have the team that will bury them alive, we will need to play our normal game because they will knock our players around and will be out for blood. I really think if we play our normal game and not get sucked into fights, we should be able to win this one.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:26 am

I reckon it will be McKee for Kinnear and use the game to run/rest Josh in the forward line. McKee playing that half back game and Anthony doing a bit of ruck work
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:39 pm

I don't think them lifting because it's us will have any influence on the result of this game. We should beat them and beat them well all over the ground. With the forecast of fine weather for Sunday, it could mean a big margin. I really hope so. Hopefully Rhyce has recovered enough to make the side.

I'll be waving goodbye to their supporters as they leave the ground, as we are running all over the top of them in the last

ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:59 pm

No change this week..... Shaw to return for kinnear.... Really i think we are pretty balanced at the moment!!!!

Why change a winning formular????
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:38 pm

Under Pagans tough training reigme of weights sessions and exercise Carlton will be a spent force before they enter the MCG arena on Sunday. This new work ethic is bound to take its toll on the players. What a crazy guy Pagan is expecting his players to train hard Wink

Already the rumour is Camporeales bathroom time in front of the mirror has been slashed in half and Whitnall has had to cut back his eating times. The payers are doing it tough at Carlton.

They have some good young players in Thornton, Beasy and Co although all the Collingwood supporters better lock up their houses as Anguin is out injured and may be on the prowl for some more high quality merchandise like plastic toy guns :O So i urge Collingwood supporters to take all valuables with them to the MCG Razz

Hopefully the Magpie Machine can steam roll to another victory however i hope we don't get complacent when the game starts on Sunday. Its good that places in our team are at a premium so competition should be high amongst the group.

jlc

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:37 pm

Well it seems both Ratten and Hickmont havce retired rather than face the mighty Collingwood..is there actually anyone of worth in their side at the moment? Don't get me wrong, this is not the time to get complacent..but I think this maybe a very Ugly day for Carlton Supporters....I would suggest that the MCG put on more staff to clean up all of the Carlton Membership cards that will be thrown out on to the ground on Sunday... GO THE PIES

Cheers

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:45 pm

At least they are recruiting some desperate players. Take that young ruckman they promoted to the senoir list last month. He has to face court over a house breakin, which shows he must have been desperate (or a desperado).

I wonder if he will be playing this week.

silf85 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:57 pm
Post subject: SelectionReply with quote

IN: SHAW
MCKEE
WALKER
MCGOUGH
OUT: KINNEAR
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:55 pm

gotta beat em twice in one year and i reckon we will bloody smash em GO YOU MIGHTY MAGPIES KILL THE BASTARDS WE HATE EM IVE BEEN HAVEN PUNCH ONS WITH THEIR SUPPORTERS ALL WEEK LETS GO MAGGIES BLOODY DESTROY EM!!!!!

COLLINGWOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD

CARN THE PIES!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: