Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Match report pies v cats .. welcome back MCG

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:17 am
Post subject: Match report pies v cats .. welcome back MCGReply with quote

I was in a fair mood by the time i sat down to watch this game.
having been on the piss since i finished my golf game some hrs earlier.
but soon my mood changed
the pies had not listened to MMs pleas and were flat as twiggys chest.
Josh was killing them in the ruck but the cats looked too quick for us and before you could say""hey they brought their own umpires too""we were playing catch up footy.
Molly dropped an early mark on the lead but from that moment on his hands were good. Mckees hands are good too for a big bloke.
but we waste a fair bit of the ball early
it was 15 minutes in before Taz got his first kick which he passed to molly who in turn kicked to Ant and he goaled for our second major.
Burns had kicked our first after sharking a josh tap in the pocket.
the cats were getting clear and walker was having a hard time on his man who was leading him to the ball.
young Coles tackling was good,the kid is a tough nut i will give him that,and so will wojinsky.
Molly showed why he chose footy over soccer when a ball landed in the square and he tried to soccer it thru but it hit the wrong side of his foot and missed everything.
would have been a doddle for beckham.
josh marks on the siren 85 out and has a hopeful shot that went 45 and its 27-17 the cats way and pies are in for a battle tonight.

second qtr starts with 5 ball ups so the umps pluck a free to geelong just to get the game moving,wakes takes a week to get thru a pack is pinged and cats goal.
cats goal again after josh is pinged under the ridiculous new ruck rule,that is surely not what the rule makers meant when they dreamed it up was it? but then again they were never ruckmen were they?
cheesy roves a pack and snags us a goal.
then Tazza marks 15 out and the geelong ump thought it wasnt fair so he took it off him,i couldnt watch the next few minutes as i was outside cooling myself down,
i had watched a bit of the freo game and the umps gave it to freo on a plate and this colored rabble were even worse.
direct from the cats social club.
woey is back on now and immediately we look a better side.
MM had him on the pine for most of the game so far strangely.
we hit the post a cupla times and the cats kick a flukarama special and its 50-32 the cats way at the half.

by now i am pissed as a parrot and my notes are unintelligible when i read them this morning.
I see the words MCG scribbled a lot on the page,the kid was in everything,showing us that he really wants to be part of the team,all of a sudden the pies intensity lifts
good work by Bucks,Brodie sets up a tazza goal
Burns barges thru a pack and goals,MCGs good work gets McKee a goal and we hit the cows.
Josh is bewildered again as he doesnt get a free when he should have,but a brilliant quick handball from MCG gets it to Ant and he goals again.
MCG marks but is hurt and bucks takes the kick which infuriates sookling as he had been patting himself on the back for keeping bucks quiet,and ANT goals from bucks kick.
the cats now have the yips and its us that take the chances.Lonie sinks his slipper into one 60 out and its a sausage roll 60 to them 70 to us at 3 qtr time.

Tazza has been off hurt for while but its good to se him running up the sidelines and he is ok,he comes on takes a grab passes to daks and its 3 goals clear we go.
young walker is still having trouble with his man but he does some good things when its hot,i doubt hes the sort of bloke to play on a leading fwd tho.
we go uberflood now and the cats cant penetrate the youngest backline ever to line up for the pies.
somewhere among my scribble i see the words Cloke,Clement,Presti...yes we need them back real soon.
tazza has already had a clear mark deducted from his tally and now a clear goal is given a point as we all become more angry by the minute..
joffa is having a will i or wont i decision as he has the gold in his hands.
more good work from molly sets ant up for his 4th
cats get a goal after MCg is pinged for the worlds softest free kick

tazz gets a long awaited free passes to ant who dobs his 5th for the night,and joffa now dons the gold with 2 minutes to play..yes we have weathered the storm.
brodie ices the cake with a late goal and we win 97-73

Im going to go to the TAB this morning and have 20 bucks on burnsy for the brownlow.
he gets 3 votes from me again this week
2 josh 1 woey,bucks(upyours sookling)ant,taz,and MCG for a top second half.

now we play the big boys next 4 weeks to decide the double chances up for offer.

we need clement and cloke back next week.
probably walker and roop will drop back to willy.

im beginning to take a hankering for the much maligned cole.
ive said it before i dont mind being wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: