Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match: Collingwood Vs Geelong - All comments here

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:29 am
Post subject: Pre Match: Collingwood Vs Geelong - All comments hereReply with quote

So, what does everybody think about this weekend's game? Apparently Geelong will be missing King and possbily Riccardi, while we will be Presti and probably Cloke and Clement.

Can we keep our run going?
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:02 pm

Our run will become a stampede imo.

We lost to Geelong last year however they were at the top of their game and played some great footy and players like Steve Johnson and Enright wont sneak under our guard. Steven King dominated, then again which ruckman didnt against us. The last time we lost to them at Colonial the witch man in Bizzell destroyed us. Clearly he was cast upon his ex girl friends spell. However Bizzell is now at Melbourne, King isnt playing and Geelong are no where near their best and we are travelling better than last year at this same time.

All these factors are pointing towards a Collingwood victory. I am a little worried about Walker as only inaccurate kicking has saved him so far but the boy is young and he will learn. He reminds me of Presti when we first got him to the club and he could use Presti as a role model to help improve his game.

Scarlett v Tarrant should be a great clash as both are quality players. Buckley v The ugliest player in AFL should be worth watching as well. Gary Ablett junior is also worth watching imo despite what Brereton thinks. Lets hope the wayne carey look a like wannabe in Kingsley and the forgotten mooney can be contained as i hate it when players who are crap play well against us.

jlc

Natalie 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:40 pm

We will win. We are playing way better footy than Geelong and the best thing yet is that we haven't even peaked at our top form yet (imo).
As long as we continue attacking the footy we'll continue our running streak.
HotPies90 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:01 pm

Couple of things. Firstly the defence. While we should at least get Cloke back, he may not be able to play a full game. This might leave our defence a bit bare. Fortunately that does not matter because Geelong's forward line, and attack in general, is easily the worst in the league. This can be seen in that their one key forward who got a few goals last year, Kent Kingsley, has been playing in the Twos!
Secondly, the one factor that may bring us a loss is who we are playing the week after - Brisbane. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been thinking about this game all year and am almost ignoring the Geelong game as a result of that. I just hope the players arent doing the same thing!
Otherwise I cant see this as anything but yet another thrashing dealt out by our boys.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:53 pm

From the games ive seen he is a very good player although different to his dad. He seems to have a good football brain but needs to get his hands on the ball more often. He plays mainly in midfield and hasnt been used as a goal kicker yet. Will be interested to see who matches up on him.

Also not many players will be as good as Gary Ablett so its no smear on Gary Ablett junior if he isnt as good as his dad as the guy is only in his second year of AFL!!

jlc

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:12 pm

Of course we will continue to EXCELLENT run of wins.
Next week we should be in 4th position and heading north.
I will stick my neck out and say that PIES V SWANS for the 2003 flag.
I recon that we will plug these pussies by 50 points or better

DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:35 pm

In the Wizard Cup Shaw played on Ablett and was found out in the air during the first half (Ablett kicked one of the first goals of the game on him).

I would ensure Tarrant play outside 50 up to the wing for the majority of the game (like vs St Kilda) and use his pace, because inside 50 Scarlett is rarely beaten.

McKee must fill the hole at half back, as the fast rebounding style of Telstra Dome will enable us to make quick transitions from one end to the other - it will enable Geelong to do the same, so without our key backmen McKee's role becomes vital.

The Mooney's (remember Wizard Cup before he got injured) and Kingsley's of Geelong have the potential to beat our undermanned defence at Telstra Dome if our midfield doesn't get on top. Our midfield must ensure that Geelong don't get many opportunities to get the ball inside 50m. I was a little disappointed Carlton were able to enter 50m 50 times.
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:03 pm

Cloke should be back in th team this week as he was very close to playing last week. Clement has to pass a fitness test on Friday to be considered for this match. What are the likely changes for this week?
I believe it will be
In: Clement Cloke Scotland
Out: Walker Prestigiacomo Betheras
Scotland's form in the VFL warrants a call-up to the senior side and Betheras has been struggling to have an impact on games the last few matches.
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:22 pm

It's a big help not having King! We just need to have another win before we hit some tougher games.
Scarlett Pimp 

Will somebody PLEASE put the bloody pratt.. er.. cat out!!!???

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:34 pm

I really hope that this game turns out to be a lot closer than what we all think it will be... For that to happen, from a Geelong perspective, a few things need to happen:

- With a slightly undermanned defence, the likes of Johnson, Mooney, Chapman & Kingsley (if he gets picked) need to kick bags of 3+ goals.
- Scarlett to break even with Tarrant. Matt's bad game this year came against you guys, and as long as they break even at the end of the day, things should be ok.
- Didak & Rocca to be kept under 5 goals between them. With Harley not playing, this could be a tough one. Rooke may take Didak, maybe Graham on Pebbles.
- James Rahilly not going within 190m of the ball. At a minimum. By the way, interested to trade for him? He's the new Funky Steinfort, yet better.
- Not too many free kicks given to Ole Man Fraser. With him going against Chambers & Street, it'll be like watching a pack of new born foals fighting over whatever new born foals eat. If he gets less than his average 5 token frees, things should be ok...

All in all, it has the potential to be an ok game. You guys have a top 4 berth to fight for, we have a priority pick to protect. Either way, I'd say it'll be a 4 goal game.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:42 pm

What i wanna know is who is the new David Mensch of your team so i can have at least 1 player to bag during the game. He and Barry Stoneham were my favourites!!!!!!!

jlc

Scarlett Pimp 

Will somebody PLEASE put the bloody pratt.. er.. cat out!!!???

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:54 pm

JLC wrote:
What i wanna know is who is the new David Mensch of your team so i can have at least 1 player to bag during the game. He and Barry Stoneham were my favourites!!!!!!!

jlc

You have time to bag other players apart from Shaw? Hell, Mensch could school Shaw any day of the week. And I always thought you guys were the ones who offered The Monster 'big bucks, big bucks, no more whammies'.

You're pretty quick on the uptake though JLC, if you just re-read my post SLOWLY, you may get a hint of who is a dud. (Hint: look for Funky reference) If you don't get it after a few days, I'll PM you the answer. Deal?

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:04 pm

Yeah i got what you said but if he doesnt go near the ball its a bit hard to bag the guy.....lol lol

I guess Ben Graham is the obvious one but Geelong Supporters bag him enough so i don't want to steal their thunder.

jlc

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:05 pm

f*** off back to your hand bag site combover.

you jealous pr***

<Somewhat gratutious but completely understandable profanity removed. Why, oh why do they keep coming to our Magpie site? Oh well Rolling Eyes - WhyPhilWhy? for the Mods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: