Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match: The Mighty Pies vs The SCUM - All comments here

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:22 pm
Post subject: Post Match: The Mighty Pies vs The SCUM - All comments hereReply with quote

It's half time and the Pies are playing well. Campo is a sniper. Post your thoughts on the game in here.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

73 point win. Great win by the Pies. I thought we could have smashed 'em by more though, considering we were without Clement, Presti, and Cloke.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:31 pm

Another great call by, umm, me (if I do say so myself - LOL).

I should apologise for being slack mid way through the last quarter, but the Ch9 telecast came on and I wanted to see the all-in brawl at half time.

Don't know much about the Rocca - Martyn incident early in the first, but if Hulme isn't cited for his three short arm jabs to Dids' head, then the AFL will have to send themselves a 'Please Explain' letter.

A lot of fines will come out of this under the melee rule (especially to Kouta who came out of nowhere to give Dids a couple), and as is the AFL's want, will find something to charge a Pies player with, just for the hell of it. (Reports: B.Holland (Coll) for striking an unknown Carlton players fist with his head.)

Anyway, all we need to do now is to start playing the game for the full four quarters, not just blasting the opposition out of the water in the first half.

When calling the game in the chatroom, I don't really listen to the game, just the commentary, so I look forward to other comments.

Hooked
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:57 pm

great win and a perfect intoduction for my first maggies game in melbourne. fairly even effort throughout which is probably the main positive, particularly considering clement, cloke and davis are all likely to return over the next fortnight. first experience of the winners circle was fantastic - people writing about it on here doesnt do it justice.
we are now ahead of brisbane - who wouldve picked that at the start of the year?
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:13 pm

Dale61 wrote:
Don't know much about the Rocca - Martyn incident early in the first,

Was Rocca actually reported?? I missed whatever happened and only noticed Martyn with the bandaged head early in the first.
Adz 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:15 pm

Second half was dissapointing. 9 goals to 6. Our backline needs presti, cloke and clement back asap! Rupert is on the way back to the VFL this week.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:35 pm

Can't wait to see the Camporeale incident as it appears in typical Camporeale style he has taken a cheap shot at Brodie. To Brodies credit he played a great game and played the ball and not the man. Brodie will be vital come finals time as he will have some great match ups and i think by the end of the year he will be regarded as the best tagger in the AFL. Brodie has strings to his his bow that many taggers don't and that is he is skillfull and can kick goals. Brodie for me has been the biggest surprise packet of the year.

Burns as usual was fantastic and the three goals was just sensational. Burns and Obree kicking goals is a fantastic sign as the good teams generate a lot of goals through their midfields and in the past this is where we may have struggled.

It was also fantastic to see Didak slot through some goals as he makes it look so easy and his goal sense is just fantastic. Hopefully we get plenty more DIdak highlights for the year.

However the funniest thing i saw was the try hard with the Gold jacket and the "Joffa is a w*****" sign. Talk about a try hard and not to mention jealous person......lol Its good to see that Carlton supporters are that desperate as a result of their football team being that CRAP that they have to resort to that. However it goes to prove that Carlton are just a CHEAP immitation of Collingwood.

Any victory over Carlton is a good victory and im not that worried about playing the better teams as we will lift. Tarrant mentioned on the radio post game how he isnt even at peak fitness yet!! He described his form as sold so i think we could in for something very special from Taz come finals time. Mick is also rotating the players and spreading the workload which is great player management from Malthouse.

Bring on the cats Smile

jlc

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:56 pm

Imitation is... the highest form of flattery.

Good win - especially with the player rotation going on through the game.

Kudos to Burnsy and Johnno. Smile

Feels kinda nice to be levelling up the head to head history between us and the filth too...

For anyone who was feeling one ounce of sympathy for the Blues before the game... I hope that has now gone. They are and will always be the Filth... it is a fine day when you pulp Carlton. I'll be sleeping well tonight.

Hope to see ya next week Jimmy Clement...!!

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:08 pm

Just fantastic.

The most beautiful moment of the day?

Seeing so many Carlton supporters head off to the football prior to the game with exactly the same look on their faces that they had when they returned from the footy.

They knew what was coming to them. They knew.

They knew a hiding was on the way and they got what they suspected. That sums up the difference between us and them.

Every team that play us now are fully aware that they are either most likely in for a hiding (Richmond, Carlton, Melbourne, Geelong, St Kilda, Dogs), or are in for one hell of a game.

That's Collingwood's presence right now-and very much for the rest of the season.

I'm not sure about the comments that we were a little slack today. Come on guys-expectations need to be realistic. We had 'even' performances against St Kilda, Richmond, Melbourne and now Carlton. All were devastating victories for us by more than ten goals each.

Our best game of the season has been against the Roos.

I'll take an even performance any day in that case.

It's Cat Season. Cats and lions in two weeks. Puuuuuuurrrrr. Here kitty kitty kitty. Stomp.

Let's run them over.

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:14 pm

Its amazing that when you play a crap side they usually bring you down to their level! Im not saying we played crap! We were great, but we could of been much better!

But its true, any win over Carlton, is a great one!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:19 pm

Hey Hey,

Just did some simple stats on today and this was our SECOND BIGGEST win of the season.

Had we have keeped kicking on in the 4th Quarter, it would have been our biggest win.

The final margin was 73 points. We defeated North by 76 points.

Bummer! lol - Congratulations boys you did everyone proud. Sydney are starting to worry a bit, I know I live here...

Cheers and Fly High Magpies!

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:27 pm

The boys must have been reading this BB, it was great to see them come over to the cheersquad area and clap everyone. Certainly makes you feel that your part of it all with them.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:00 am

Fantastic calling Dale! Even Mr J took over the pc for a while........and thats a first!

Looking forward to seeing the replay of the game, The little highlights I have seen aren't enough, but I think Kouta wants to play for the pies, with his perfect pass to Tarrant.
Dids goal running on from 50 looked good too......but that and a bit of the rough stuff is all that has been shown on TV.

[mr j who never behaves is at my daughters house ATM, picking up the grandson, and recording the replay on foxfooty so I will be able to see the game.....albeit late.]

Natalie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:34 am

Great win by the boys. It's always good belting the filth and the replay was even better!!
Thought Brodie had a great game and Bux was sensational in the fourth with his centre clearances. Good to see Dids kicking goals again.
Hulme better get reported for not only using Dids as a punching bag but Matty Lokan, he whacked him about 3 times straight.
Bring on the catters and the lay down lions.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:49 am

Well what a game, what a win. What does it mean? Absolutely nothing! I am rapt that we won don't get me wrong, and we are playing well atm, but we can take nothing from this game. The opposition was just pathetic, I could not believe how bad they were, farcical, embarrassing, incompetent, etc, etc. (Thought I'd do a "Weed" and use the Thesaurus) is how I'd descibe it. Honestly at one point I applauded the fact that they scored a goal (I know mental lapse, but I suspect a lot more Pies supporters did as well from the noise made).

Not meaning to sound like "sour grapes", but fair dinkum can the umpires have the guts to pay a free to a forward if it's there. Was it thornton? on Taz late in the 2nd (just before the Holland incident). He was basically dragged to the ground, with the ump in FULL VIEW of the incident. After the play had moved downfield the ump was talking to both of them, and I'm thinking was saying something like "I had my eyes shut". In fairness this went bothways.

The AFL will be making cash register noises this week, ka-ching. Hopefully no suspensions, fingers crossed. The talk is that Bux actually was primarily responsible for the melee(s). Well bloody good on ya Bux for sticking up for a teammate. carlton is a rabble, they had no chance and they knew it. They probably won't finish last but they deserve to.

Say just remembered. Well done to the Grocon worker who is flying the flag on the crane near the MCC pavilion. Hadn't noticed it before.

Last edited by AnthonyC on Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: