Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Multi personalities unmasked

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sybil 

floating fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:13 am
Post subject: Multi personalities unmaskedReply with quote

Yes the multi personalty has been unmasked except Mike you were wrong, there is not one person but were actually three, and if you use inspirations at least four involved. What puzzled us though is that everyone took so long to work it out and we made it so easy. First of all the inspiration for this was a lady called Abi who use to post here but became a bit cheesed off because she felt she got shouted down. She married and moved to the US but we created a poster called Angel and the others spinned off from that. I dont know if anyone has noticed but Angel often came up with scoops. That is because Abi was romantically involved with someone in the inner sanctum and still gets some great info. Whenever we get anything exciting it is posted under Angel. Abi thinks that the guy or woman who calls themselves member and who use to post on from The Outer like herself is also involved with the club because he/she also gets some information which she receives but he seems to rarely appear these days. Anyway there were two of us Jessica and Jennifer friend who live together who had three names counting Angel. Then a friend of ours who use to be Nicholas and who is a brother of Abi was also pissed off because he thought he was a realist who always got taken the wrong way. So we adopted his name and password.

We are fun people who create havoc in chatrooms but could not see why it took everyone so long to work it out. We deliberately created similar avatars early one morning within minutes of one another. We even created a female one for Nicholas after his favourite girl Delta aka Nina Tucker. We even changed the character of Nicholas from being angry to sweet and positive but only about one poster picked this up. It was easy for us to log on as anyone because we only used a variation of 2 passwords. We created some new email addies after we took up Nicholas because the lure to get more people on was so attractive and even stole the email address of two of our friends instucting one to activate the link and she also enjoyed our little game . It became a game to see how quickly it would be spotted. We knew the mods should know because of the passwords and the avatars all came from a file on our machine. We even answered each other in threads and tried to get one in chicks channel unsuccessful to 100.

But it was all harmless fun even if it seems to some a bit of a waste of time. And we suspect others are doing a similar thing. But we are commited Collingwood supporters and go to nearly every match and every club night. We know who you are Tessa and if we have the courage might speak to you at a club night. We know why you always defend Jarrod because we see what great friends you are. Every club night near the end he makes a point it seems of coming up to your table to speak with your group so it is good you have the respect of the players and are recognised as regular attenders on the night.

I hope we have not offended anyone and if you read our posts they are generally posted and not angry like Nicholas who is a devoted but impatient supporter. Abi is still a member and is her surgeon husband who has had ties with coterie groups at the club.

And we really do think we are a big big chance for the flag.

GO PIES 2003 and sorry but we have had a lot of fun and knew we would get busted eventually

Sybil 

floating fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

And feel free to delete this right away Mike but Jennifer and I felt we owed the people here an explantion. Everyone seems to think it is funny but it wasnt rocket science trying to work it out.

Regards Jessica Fry

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:03 am

I don't agree that it's funny Jessica, just a bit sad and pathetic. Don't misunderstand me, it doesn't worry me, it just seems like a total waste of time and effort. You might be right, others might be doing it, but if they are they're not causing any problems and, like you, only amusing themselves. Although I seriously doubt that there would be another group as inane as yours.

What a very strange thing for allegedly committed supporters to want to do to a Club Bulletin Board. And you say that this all came about because Abi got shouted down? Alright let's talk about Abi for a bit. Abi was typical of many who have posted here and disappeared because they 'weren't appreciated' or were 'shouted down' or because we are a 'good news only' site. That has never been true. The truth is, and you can check this because all the posts and topics are still there, that many of the people, like Abi, who saw themselves as selfless bringers of the truth seem to have incredibly thin skins. All it takes is a few people to bag, whinge, complain, disagree and suddenly the whole site has a policy of secrecy. If I remember correctly Abi had her supporters as well as her detractors and chose to allow the detractors to win the day. I think, although I may be wrong, that she also had a post or two removed because they dealt with players' personal issues.

Why are you surprised that it took so long to expose you? What do you think that we do with our time? We certainly don't roam through the site trying to unearth strange conspiracies. How sick are three people who make 5 posts from 5 usernames in 4 minutes from the same machine? ... and this at 6:50am. Do you all sleep in the same bed or something? Are you really owning up to creating this drivel? I can't believe it. As I said in my post, it's not against the rules to have multiple usernames, only to use them to talk to yourself or support your argument in a debate - and that's why they were removed.

If you're going to be smug about something at least be smug about something worthwhile, not being a nuisance on a Bulletin Board - what an achievement!! You're a bit full of your own self-importance. I can see that if a bit of intelligence had been applied that it could have been amusing and you could have created a whole fictitious world. But you chose not to do that. You chose instead to create posts of the standard of How great are we? What a waste of time.

I still can't believe that you not only put energy into doing this, but you're actually here boasting about it. It's all a bit sick and it's interesting to note that you've chosen to be called Sybil this time, the name of someone who had multiple personalities... because she was ill.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:05 am

Mike how could you not know that there was three people and not one?

And Sybil I wouldn't be so cocky as to be thinking it took a long time to work out.

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:25 am

*groans*

I wish I had this much time on my hands.

If it takes personas and posts on a bulletin board to make yourself or Abi or anyone feel 'important' and get yourself attention, I really think you have more pressing issues to deal with. I couldn't care less about inner sanctums blah blah if you are part of an 'inner sanctum' and blab about it one isn't really part of an inner sanctum at all. It is all in your head. IMO Nicks has been no poorer by users who leave.

And gee how big of you to go to nearly every club and club night. I wonder what personality you book under?

Really... how embarassing.

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:27 am

Incidentally, you should know that the moderators don't have access to things like passwords, sources of avatars and stuff like that, so even if one of your characters had been memorable enough to create some suspicion we wouldn't necessarily have discovered the link. You gave it away to one of the mods (not me) when so many characters posted at an unsual time of the day. If you had gone on the way you were you could have done it forever and noone would ever have known except you.

So I'm glad you were amused because no-one else was... because no-one else knew it was happening.

You actually used Bob Rose's death as an opportunity to start one of your multiple personality topics and get some disharmony going:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=11672

You know something? You're actually sicker than the real Sybil.
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:44 am

Mike wrote:
..We certainly don't roam through the site trying to unearth strange conspiracies...

What's wrong with that? I do i.. I mean my friend does it.

I always noticed a similarity between the avatars, but never thought anything.

Although a ground-breaking plan, I don't see the point in it either.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:54 pm

sounds like you girls need to get out a bit more and obtain lives. its not funny having mutiple user names, i mean it doesnt bother me, i couldnt care less, but as for your big speal on how you tricked us all LOL, like we're really looking for conspiracies, i guess we thought ppl had better things to do with their time then have conversations with themselves under different names Rolling Eyes
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:57 pm

I think i missed something.......like the point of this thread
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:42 pm

Lorelei wrote:
And gee how big of you to go to nearly every club and club night. I wonder what personality you book under?

Classic! Laughing

I think I may have missed something also......I had no idea about any of this Confused
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:23 pm

LMAO, makes you wonder what they'll do when they finally get a REAL LIFE!.
lol

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:09 pm

say no more...

rat.jpg

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:52 pm

What a fascinating read !!..actually what some people get up to on the internet is bloody scary.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:47 am

Sad and pathetic come to mind.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:05 am

Sybil, I bet you ring yourself and leave messages for yourself, just to get a message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: