Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies V Crows - Please post ALL comments here

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:25 pm
Post subject: Pies V Crows - Please post ALL comments hereReply with quote

We are getting different reports about Carey......how can ONE man make a team difference.
The PIES will beat the crows and win handsomly.
I realise that I said 10 point for the PIES last week,but good umpiring ALWAYS does help.
Catch you all wext week.

When I get settled into PEAK Hill I will be starting another supporters club,which will be there for RURAL NSW,no money required,just be able to get into the chat section and compare notes.
Watch this space.

tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The report in the Adelaide advertiser is that he's definetly in. The Age says he's better than 50/50.

Gary Ayres is coaching his 90th for the crows to take over as the longest serving from Graham Cornes.

The Age pointed out that no one has a better record against the crows than us, 14-5.

They're coming back from the West but they're the first to have won there this year.

It isn't going to be a walkover by any means...Ayres said Collingwood would be flat after Brisbane, I would suggest the contrary. Most Adelaide supporters see Buckley, Burns, Woey, Tarrant and Rocca without realising we have others just as capable. We know Ricciuto and Mcleod are always good but in the past few Johncock and Shirley have been among their best. Tyson Edwards, Brett Burton and Ladhams have been outstanding all year. They're a good side and can't be underestimated.

I hope last week hurt the players as much as it hurt me and alot of you, if it did they'll be out to kill this week. Kill! Kill! Kill! Pies by 23.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:05 pm

Adelaide should have recorded the Perth double this year. Afterall they were ahead of Freo with a minute left in the game. The next week they thrashed StKilda at Footy Park. Travel doesnt worry this team so its irrelevant where they played last week.

You only have to look back to the Whizz Fizz Grand Final to know how dangerous their ruck duo of Clarke and Biglands is. If they dominate expect Goodwin, Ricciutio, Edwards, McLeod and co to run riot. If this happens i cannot see us winning. Rogan Josh and McKee better be primed to play the games of their lifethis Friday night. Licuria or Lokan will want to paying close attention to McLeod or in 10 minutes he can cut us apart and blow the game open. Brett Burton has also been in very good form lately and seems to be at home in the midfield.

Up forward Wayne Carey could have a broken leg and we know he will kick goals against us. We just have to accept that and minimise his impact. The same goes to Ronnie Burns as he always gets his 2-3 goals against us. Johncock has also been kicking goals of late and will be a danger.

Nigel Smart and Ben Hart will be the candidates for Chris Tarrant. Either way Tarrant will have his hands full. Anthony Rocca hopefully can step up and play a major role. It would be good if Molloy could step up and play a big game against QUALITY opposition. Hopefully the little men in Didak, Davis,Obree can get busy around goals.

If we win this game then we are serious flag contenders as Adelaide are a quality football team imo. They havnt been thrashed all year and have been unlucky in a few close games. Had they won these they would be on top of the ladder.

To be honest im not very confident but i hope the Pies can deliver the goods and get the season back on track Smile

jlc

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:31 pm

I reckon Carey will play, or has a good chance of playing anyways, going to be a very hard game for Collingwood. Maybe the loss last week could of been good for the Pies. Now that they have a loss, they may not lose in the finals. I am not very confident of a victory, the way we played last week, I think we'll have a tough time, unless we play against them like we did the last time. I think it will be a close game, well I hope it will be with hopefully the pies winning by 6pts.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:21 pm

I can only hope against my better judgement that Collingwood wont be flat. After all, that was a bloody hiding on Saturday. Their spirits & confidence must be low, however much we try to talk it up here. Going to the game on Friday night, wishing & hoping that Collingwood will win rather than confidently expecting & predicting it. I'm a realist at heart I guess.

Lazza
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:22 pm

im scared this week Sad Sad Sad Sad

we're gunna get dun! PLZ PROoVE ME WRONG!

Rach20 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:26 pm

I don't think Carey will play. If he's knee is sore they won't risk him getting badly injured again. Especially just before the finals. They will want him fit and firing through the finals.
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:28 pm

Lets stop all this negativaty and get ready everyone the mighty pies are gonna f##### rock the domes roof off and absolutely warn the comp how good we are last week was just a flat spot after 6 thrilling weeks and this week the mighty woodsmen are back come on pies
pies by 15!

CARN THE PIES!!!!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:30 pm

I reckon the should rest Carey, but I don't know with Ayres, he is backwards.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:37 pm

we'll be right... and when Lonie is galloping through the centre square, receives a handball from Burns late in the second quarter, and slaps one through from 55 on the run to put us 4 goals up at the main break... look out!!
Rach20 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:43 pm

I have no doubt in my mind we are going to win. Wouldn't it be great if Tazza kicks the match winning goal again
kaz7 Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:14 pm

You said it sister!! Wink
Rach20 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:23 pm

i hope we kick some adelaide butts!
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:26 pm

I think Clement and Cloke will be a lot better for the run last week, they were a bit disappointing not surprisingly. Also Tarrant's injury was a big blow so i don't think the loss was as bad as it looked, especially considering the last 3 quarters except we couldnt friggin score. i'm not sure whre we lost it in the 1st since I didn't see that quarter - maybe in the midfield? but also definitely up forward. notwithstading TArrant's injury I would definitely be inclined to play Buckely as a permanent forward against Brisbane, or rotate him with Burns in the forward line, they are both excellent forwards and we need our best against the Bugbears' backline - they are definitely our bugbears for the finals i'd say.
Also looking at the willy report on collingwoodfc page, I hope they are considering Richo and maybe even Freeborn as backline options - maybe give one of them a run on Saturday for a bit of match fitness to keep them in the mix? otherwise players probably get out of touch with intensity of the AFL.
Will Neon be an asset in the finals? doing better in willy so maybe should give him a run in a big game like Adelaide also?
ANyway I'm pretty confident of a win although Crows do travel exceptionally well.
Rach20 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:33 pm

I think the crows travel well but they did travel to Perth last week and now thay have to travel again. Hopefully all this travelling gets to them.
Cloke and Clement will be much better for this game. They got a feel for it last week after being out of the game for a couple of weeks now they will be back to their best.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: