Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Match Report Wasteful Pies too good for Crows

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:20 pm
Post subject: Match Report Wasteful Pies too good for CrowsReply with quote

match Report from a far off tv room

I think this game was sponsored by a rather tall looking pie fan in the front row wearing a cap and pies jumper.
never known one fan to get on tv so often,even got on more than joffa this week.

First half was a struggle of backlines.
We couldnt get the ball out of the crows 50 for the first 5 minutes and when we do go fwd we either stuff up the pass or kick points.
I have never seen us so wasteful as we were tonight.
Cloke did a superb job on carey and was rewarded by the umps a few times for playing in front.
11-13 ar qtr time and 32 to 26 at half time tells the story.
Purely and simply neither side could penetrate the defences often enough to score many goals.
We did have most of the play in the second qtr but wasted so much footy it was frightening.
Right on the siren Ant bombed long and Cole should have marked in front of a pack in the square but he appeared to gib it( i will give him the benefit of the doubt,i dont think the kid is scared) daks snapped a goal .
there was a point in the mid of the term where scoots seemed to hang back and let the ball bounce instead of marking and i think that is why MM gave him a serve as they came off the ground.
Bucks did very little in the first half,either did riccutto as lika had him beat.
But Both cloke and Lika turned over the ball far too often in the first half.
How can there be a wind in a closed stadium?
was the ball flat?
there must be some reason why we couldnt kick easy goals tonight.

3rd term was all the pies.
But once again what should have been a slaughter was only a minor belting as we kicked 7 goals 6 to their 1 goal 1 to go to the 3 qtr huddle 80-33 up
Lokan goaled in the first minute from a set shot..Daks roved a pack H/B to Josh and goals.
Inexplicably Bucks is now on his own and completely dominates the 3rd term winning almost every clearance.
One of Ayres better moves?
Goals to Daks and Josh again Cheesy runs into open goal and hits the post.
lonie ends a series of points by goaling from the flank on his wrong foot from 50.
all in all we have total control of the footy,our intensity is ferocious,crows cant get the footy.
So why we squandered our chance to boost the percentage is a bit of a mystery.
Crows only goal came from when we dashed fwd and Cole got caught with the ball being too slow by a mile.
I think that is why MM gave him a serve at the 3 qtr huddle.
Being 47 up at 3/4 time most fans would be confident.but after years of long suffering i couldnt relax.

A crow stole the ball right out of woeys hands and they goaled.
Brodie ran into open goal and kicked a point.
Cheesy snaps a goal,but perrie marks in front of wakes and gets that one back in no time.seconds later they goal from 50.
Bucks has 2 snaps one goes oob and the other is a point.
10 minutes to play and we are 6 goals up
Lika hand balls to daks and we go 7 up.
still not happy,and the crows show why with 3 goals in 2 minutes and somehow with 7 minutes to play they are within 4 goals.
Surely that is a worry,the fact that we cant ice teams when we have them on toast.
Think back to the wet toast game,that won we lost after having on toast.
This one we staedy and after Lika goals on the run from 40 i agree that joffa should have the gold on.
Ant ices the cake with a great grab in the square and we win by 37.
a game that if we took all our chances would have had us above adelaide on percentage.
Time will tell if its a costly lapse.
Votes
2 Lika,Burns,Cloke
1 Woey,Ant,Bucks,Cheesy
apologies Shaw,Taz,Josh,Clement and Daks

good team efort but disposal was shocking.
that must lift if we are to go all the way.

season tally
Bucks 28
Taz 23
Burns 18
Josh 13
Lika 12
Woey ,OBree 10
Cloke,Molloy 9
Ant 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: