Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match - Pies v. Swans. All comments here please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:16 am
Post subject: Pre Match - Pies v. Swans. All comments here please.Reply with quote

There's already quite a bit of speculation about next week's big game so I'll put this up a bit earlier than usual.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
MG77B 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Saddington out
65,000 people
top 4 on the line
only one winner
COLLINGWOOD

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:00 am

We need to play 4 qtrs of football and have not done that all year. It's about time we started.

Sydney made us look slow earlier this year.

They are the talking point all week and go in odds on Favourites. That's a good thing. The pressure is on them to win.
colt Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:22 am

Had a message from a girlfriend in Sydney who is a Swan supporter, saying that they are all being warned of the "black and white army" invasion to hit this weekend...........don't ya just luv it Laughing Cool
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:10 am

This game this week is pretty much all or nothing. Win and we should get a top 4 spot and be in a position to launch a Premiership assault, lose and we are in the pack and must win the next week to limp into 4th spot.

Sydney are a very very good team. They conceeded the Lions a start and gave Voss 35 possessions and yet still managed to win. They are a very hard running team who are obviously high on confidence and are enjoying their football. Barry Hall gave Michael a good thrashing and Oloughlin is back to his dangerous self. Jimmy Clement and Wakelin better be ready to play super games as they hold a big key to the game.

Who will be the lucky player that gets to play on Nick Davis. It will be interesting to see who Mick entrusts with this task. As Nicky D will be primed to give this game his all.

The midfield will be very interesting as Kirk will be given Buckley. I think as i mentioned in another post that Buckley may play up forward to take Kirk out of his comfort zone. Kennelly is a great young player and along with Paul Williams gives them plenty of run. Cresswell is still a very dangerous player and seems to keep kicking goals even though he is meant to be retiring. Our tackling needs to be good this week as at Colonial it was non existent. Holland, Cole, Burns, Licuria and Buckley should ensure this happens.

It will be interesting to see the strategy used to stop Goodes. Last time at Colonial Goodes tore us to pieces. Cloke could be given the task of running with him. Just out of interest how many more weeks until Kinnear is back ?? Kinnear has managed to blanket Kouta in the past and Goodes has a similar athletic ability.

Rocca is due to play a special game. I am hoping this is the game where he explodes and kicks a bag of 6 or 7 goals. He seems to be able to kick 3 or 4 with minimum fuss now a days. Schauble would be the obvious opponent. You would assume that Bolton gets Tarrant. One would expect Tarrant to win that contest hands down as Taz has beaten Bolton when he played at the Lions.

All in all i can't wait for this game as it promises to be a ripper.

It would be a good idea to watch how Hawthorn dismantled Sydney as they gave them a good thrashing. That should prove how good the form of Hawthorn is Wink

jlc

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:55 am

Surely we will set a record for an Aussie Rules game at Homebush! Those of us that turn up will have to be so loud. We have to be heard, we just gotta.
Natalie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:21 am

And the loser is.. SIDENEY. Sorry, couldn't help it.
This game will be a ripper, can't wait. I'm going up for it and yes it will be a magpie INVASION. This one is crucial and we must win to cement top 4 spot.
JLC- I saw Ben Kinnear walking around at Williamstown yesterday but I don't know how long b4 he's ready to play.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:25 am

Ben Kinnear is often maligned but he has one thing on his side and thats height.....lol

It will be interesting to see of Walker retains his place as i cant see who he can really match up on ??

jlc

Chantal85 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:02 pm

Just wondering, where is everyone going to watch the big game?
Kenno25 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:35 pm

JLC wrote:

Who will be the lucky player that gets to play on Nick Davis. It will be interesting to see who Mick entrusts with this task. As Nicky D will be primed to give this game his all.
jlc

At the end of the Bris. v Swans game yesterday whilst the Swans' players were all high fiving etc., I noticed Davis seemed to grab at his hamstring and when the players jogged over to thank their supporters behind the goals he was missing !! He's not listed as injured in the match report and it just might be wishful thinking on my part that he's out, but along with Saddington and possibly Barry, they're 3 big outs for the Swans to cover !!
Kenno25 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:57 pm

Just read that he took a "knock to the knee" and is expected to play this week, but he must be in some doubt ?
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:08 pm

I've said it b4 and I'll say it again

wa magpie Taurus

The Future

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:24 pm

hahah. thats a classic.
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:36 pm

Changes this week should be
In: Betheras
Out: Walker

Betheras had 33 touches for Williamstown on the weekend and deserves a spot in the team before Leon Davis. If Betheras is going to play in the finals it is the perfect opportunity for him to get a run in the last 2 rounds of the season so he can get some confidence back in his game. Betheras adds hardness and a good contest and i just think he should be bought back into the team infront of Leon Davis.
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:39 pm

yeah i agree i think rupe is an underated player and we need his hardness in time for the finals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: