Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Well played Benny Kinnear

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:03 am
Post subject: Well played Benny KinnearReply with quote

This guy showed a fair bit tonite and actually beat not-a-wellman. Sheedy didn't do much though. His usual throw someone forward trick eg Lucas, wasn't used. I can't believe people on the Bomberblitz board thought Lucas was one of their best.

For mine
Best
Coll: Fraser, Woewodin, Cloke, Licuria, Buckley, Tarrant, O'Bree, Scotland
Ess: Hird, Rioli, McVeigh, Fletcher, M Johnson
GeekUSA 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

One person even said (in the essendonfc forum) that they are not taking us seriously by playing Swanny and Ben, and that they possibly have a better chance of beating us....

what a load of sh*t...
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:02 am

Me too thinks that BK played a pretty good game. I just don't understand why he get's knocked around by OUR supporters. I really don't give a FRC what other supporters think. BK warranted selection and was in pretty good form prior to getting injured. MM is a very astute coach and knows what he is doing. BK can play front, back with stints even in the ruck. A very serviceable game.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:04 am
Post subject: Well done BenReply with quote

Cool
Iagree Cam, Ben and a good game and will improve with everygame.I thought Wakes had a great game on lloyd and he was lucky to get a kick. His second goal came as Wakes had just finished getting treatment b4 he went off.A fantastic win and now to top off a top weekend "go doggies" so the filth win back to back spoons.

Molly Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:26 am

I was impressed with ben's game last nite as well - is his contract up for renewal soon??
^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:58 am

Have to admit that I also thought that MM was saving something by bringing Swan and Kinnear back in.
But the Depth we have now is fantastic!

I think too many ppl (myself included) have rated BK on his backline performances when Shaw was coach and early MM years. The days when everyone in our backline played with indecision and low confidence.
He only played 2 or 3 games last year i think .... One shocker (The Carlton Game Rnd 3) but that was a bad game by all.

The guys as a group have a lot of confidence instilled in their own ability and with this BK seems to be blossoming as a player and is becoming a valuable and versatile team member.
All the best for September Benny.
ConBigWig 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:36 am

Ben continued with where he had left off before getting injured. Didn't miss a beat last night and was very good. MM has a tough job in the next 4 weeks trying to pick his team, a luxury he didn't have a few years ago. How things turn around.

"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol"
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:04 pm

I too was really pleased for BK last night. A few weeks ago I wrote that a career in the VFL beckoned - I thought his injury might be the last straw for him, even though it was only short-term. Clearly that was premature. Whether he stays with us or not, he's got a future, and if he's traded (sorry for the bad taste after such a good game, but it's more than possible he'll seek opportunities elsewhere) there'll be a few clubs more than interested in a player of his size and mobility.

I was particularly impressed with his decision making and kicking last night. Almost every disposal he made count, and his first half was super. He looked composed and controlled, not a man fighting for his career.

Weed

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:16 pm

I think we are all please with his form. I also ask the question is his contract finished this yer. It isn't, he has just decided to pull his finger out.

the_weed's impression is pretty spot on.

All I can say is about bloody time. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: