Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

February 8th Update.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2001 4:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe theres something ive missed here but why start up such a ridiculous piece of crap on one of our Magpie heros Tony Shaw???

COLLINGWOOD: TIME TO LIVE UP TO THE NAME

Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 2:23 am

Blame Shaw himself for this one.

He's the one spouting off - taken over the role Daicos had a number of years ago. I guess Shaw's still bitter about being considered one of the worst coaches we ever had (not just match day - considering his total impact on inability to get players to perform & improve and dismal record with recruiting).

If Shaw had never been so forthright in his criticisms of the club (about mistakes which he is largely responsible for) then topics such as this would never arise.

------------------
Broadie
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 12:22 pm

i dont get it what exactly has he done? has he gone all bitter towards the club like Daicos or something?

COLLINGWOOD: TIME TO LIVE UP TO THE NAME

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 7:54 am

He has basically intimated that any improvements in our performance are due to HIS GOOD MANAGEMENT of the club and that he was forced out the door before he'd finished his "re-building".

I reckon 4 years of demolition and no new buildings in place is a fairer summary of his time as coach.

------------------
Broadie
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 5:13 pm

hmmmmmmmmm
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 5:25 pm

Just read it, have to agree on MOST (not all) points. Sorry Spidey.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 7:48 pm

Totally agree Broadie. I read the rant. Havent heard TS's comments directly, but from what my mates back home tell me, the guy is in some kind of reality suspension device. (i.e he thinks he was a good coach!)

Admit it Shaw, you were a crap coach, and we went backwards big time in your tenure. I s'pose bagging the pies gets his mug in the news and helps generate some publicity for his current employers, but show a little of the same class you had when you were a player. It works out better in the long run.

Perhaps a political career beckons, as that lot are experts at claiming credit where it is not deserved!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 2:59 am

Yeah i have to agree i have a problem with ex collingwood people having a go at us all the time,Shawry you were a legend captain and player and we still love ya heaps mate but it really hurts us when we read stuff about you having a go at collingwood.

------------------
There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 5:33 am

I should clarify that I consider Tony Shaw three separate people.

One: The Collingwood Player and Club Legend. I would never fault him in this regard.

The Coach: While I hate failing, I wouldn't mind it so much if the Coach took some accountability, as Tim Watson did with the Saints.

The Media Personality: Tony Shaw spouts-off as if he's got all the answers, and he often uses his experience as a Coach to qualify his comments.

I'd never fault Tony Shaw the Player but I've got a truckload of criticism for Tony Shaw the Coach and Tony Shaw the Media Personality.

Shaw said the only decent player we had outside Buckley was Chris Tarrant, that we wouldn't look to challenge the Finals until 2004-onwards and that we'd finish 14th, 15th or 16th this year.

His comments continually totally attempt to discredit what Mick Malthouse is doing in terms of recruiting and gameplan. You can actually see that Tony Shaw's disappointed that Malthouse cut such a swath through that fantastic playing-list Tony Shaw assembled.

I don't think you can compare Daicos to Shaw in terms of bitterness. Daicos said Collingwood were too heavily reliant on Nathan Buckley (true) and that they needed an "Outsider" to run a swath through the Playing List, which is what Mick Malthouse has done.

Daicos has often been forthright in his criticism of Tony Shaw's Coaching, including the way Shaw mishandled Saverio Rocca and continually dragged him. But if you listen to their comments, Daicos usually has some validation, while Tony Shaw seemingly seems to simply want the Club not to succeed too early and prove his Coaching and Recruiting was at fault for Collingwood's slide.

I'd never criticize Tony Shaw the Player and if you've followed my Rants, you'll see that if I've mentioned games from when he played, I've always exalted him. But as Coach and Media Personality he's two different entities.

------------------
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 9:53 am

There is a similar story/opinion of Tony Shaw on www.fromtheouter.com, look under Flounder's Beef
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 2:44 pm

Guys we may hold Shawy in great regard as a player and as a captain but I think it is a failing of ours if we as loyal supporters continue to hold him in any great esteem. He is now using his position in the media to attempt to be unbiased,impartial and occasionally derogatory about Collingwood to further his interests. Using Eddie Mcguire as model one could gauge that if you out your wear your heart on your sleeve and your passionate about Collingwood in the public spectrum then it is not neccessarily a bad thing but a great thing to further the greater cause that is collingwood, and possibly your career along the way.It seems like Shawy has lost his way and is cashing on on his synonimity wih our great club.
No doubt he was a stawlwart for us but now that we need all the positive media we can get he simply is not delivering,some may say AGAIN.Must feel like his doNE his deed and has turned his back at least publicly on Collingwood. Good on ya Shawy, I'am tippin Skasey sleeps better then you at night!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: