Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wearing a Scum jumper but do we hate him?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:24 pm
Post subject: Wearing a Scum jumper but do we hate him?Reply with quote

i know scotto's gone but wats ur feelings going to be towards him next year? will we boo wen he gets the ball?

i dont think i will.. i thought he was a good player, we werent really givin him the go he deserved.

i dont hate him... Smile

cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that anyone could hate Scoots.

He was a good servant. I wish him well, except against us!

The Dude

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:21 pm

Now... no.

Eventually... Probably.
labrooy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:07 am

I reckon it depends on how he plays against us Wink

In response to the comment about giving him a fair go I reckon we did. We had an overabundance of midfielders and playing him ahead of someone else means that person wouldn't have been given a fair go.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:21 am

Why do we Boo other players when they leave or are traded?
Scoots needs to look out for his career and at CFC that was not happening. All his actions show me is that he loves footy like we do. He wants to play senior level and I know he gave his heart to the Black'n'White. And now he will give his heart to the Navy Blues. I always admired his professional attitude and I wish Scoots all the best.

I say don't Boo him. Show him we admire what he did for us while here. And maybe in the future when his playing days are over he might want to return. And so he should.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:23 am

nope...... i will never boo scoots, carlton jumper or no carlton jumper.... he doesnt deserve that, the reason he laft us wasnt because he hated playing here, he just didnt get enough game time and thats a valid reason..... i would be extremely disappointed if any collingwood supporter booed him, its just not fair...

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:24 am

i agree phanto but what if he mocks our players or gives us the kane cornes? which i don't think he ever will though, but you never know when you get that filth jumper on strange things happen.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:36 am

Cam I see your point. But if he brings that upon himself then so be it! I just don't believe players should be booed because they leave or whatever the case may be.

Look at the Lions supporters they still boo Bux and he played there for 1 season and has been at the Pies ever since. How pathetic is that. Good ol' bantering is fine but I personally believe booing any player is not justified. All it shows in my book is jealousy and envy. And I don't know about any one else, but I am not Jealous or envious of any other player playing in any other club. I love whoever plays in Black'n White and I admire the fact that they played for the Greatest Club in the world.

Jock McHale
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:50 am

BWPhantom i know wat you mean but i personally rekon that supporters from every club Boo Bucks just cos his Bucks lol.
But i couldnt boo Scoots just cant bring myself to do it, if had hav left for the $$$ like Brown did then yes but he didnt leave like that he left because he wasnt getting the opportunity with us
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:45 am

I won't boo scoots initially. I'll give him a chance to prove his character outside B&W stripes. On another point, booing players should be encouraged. These are professional players who are either up to scratch or not. If booing a player puts him off his game, then he shouldn't be in the AFL, but stop at booing....no physical initimidation should be even considered.

Verbals are nothing but something that adds to the game. Wayne Carey lifts 2 notches each time he's boo'd, but that won't stop most giving him a spray. Booing is the washed down version of a good spray. Heaven knows Phil Matera has copped more from me than anyone else. I'll boo him, yell at him, call him names (yes hurtful ones). If he manages to listen to me at any stage then the pies are well on their way to holding him to 0 goals.

The fans will not be silenced.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:45 pm

Yes, he should be BOOEED everytime he goes near the ball just like any other Caaaaaarlton player. Don't discrimate against him!
Seriously though, it's genuine traitors and mercenaries we should save our best venom for, namely Mal Michael and Nicole Davis. Oh yeah, and Nathan Brown just because he is a weasel.
I still BOO Mark Williams, Mike Richardson and Philip Walsh even when i watch old footage of their games!

Dyso

commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:05 pm

Go with Blanch on this one. Give him some respect until/or if he starts carrying on like a xxxxx. If he does than he's fair game.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:46 pm

I like Scoto, and he is a friend of the family, but I am booing already as it is the right thing to do
maggie20ct Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:36 pm

It is not the right thing to do, its just what everyone thinks is the right thing to do. I wont be booing Scoots unless he does something such as kick a goal against us but I boo anyone that kicks a goal against us, its a natural reaction. I dont boo anyone just for the sake of booing them when they get a posession, nope not even Nick 'I hate collingwood' Davis.
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:46 pm

I wont boo him unless he starts to carry on like Nick Davis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: