Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

players who need to lift?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carn the Pies Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:11 pm
Post subject: players who need to lift?Reply with quote

Ok before I start this thread , may i just warn you i am in no way shape or form having a go at any of the following players. I am just stating my views on whos form off late hasnt been upto there personal best, and i see alot of improvement in our team if these players can get back to there best form.

Ryan Lonie - exploded onto the afl scene , with his accurate long kicking and booming goals from outside 50. And used to show great run from defense. He is one player i have not seen alot from perhaps since the later stages of last year, and the start of this year. A great player at his best hopefully he can get back to his best form.

Matthew Lokan - A very accurate kick at goal and like Lonie shows good pace when giving the freedom to run. Perhaps another go in the backline for him could give him some added confidence. He is played resonably well in a few games but could lift his game anoter cog.

Alan Didak - After watching him in the Wizard Cup last year i thought Didak was going to dominate from that moment on. It didnt quite turn out that way but is definently a impact player who can do the impossible. Played a great match against Essendon , I hope he can continue on from this now and get abit more consistancy.

Shane Obree - Played his best season about 3 years ago when he had just came over from brisbane. A very talented player who can be very creative and dangerous around goals who , like scott burns can kick a few goals when put up forward. Remember last year him and Burns where kicking 3 and 4 goals each when we where hammering teams, during the middle part of last year.

I wont go on but i think these following players and a few others are the key to us getting back to our best. Ofcourse the inclusion of Buckley, Tarrant, and even Leon Davis will strenghten our team up.

What do you guys think?

PiesFan 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Add Lica to that list mate.

Woewodin improved alot last week, hears hoping he improves some more.

Pebs too
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:32 am

Shaw, Williams, Didak, Lonie, Licuria and Woewodin have all been below par so far except Dids and Lokan have picked up in recent weeks.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:18 am

All the players listed have been slow to get off the mark this season. All have been training well on the track but it's not coming through on match day. With some of them it may be a case of mind over matter or getting a bit of self belief back. Also Ryan Lonie may still be struggling with the death of his father late last year - may be a long hard road this year for him.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:32 am

Woewodin picked up a little during the game, so did Jason Cloke.

Shaw: Hasn't really done anything since before the grand final, and is quickly running out of chances.

Lonie: Is 3 an unlucky number for him? Since I have seen him in that jumper he has been down. I'd like to see him get into some form, he's a good young player.

Cloke: Picked up a little against Essendon, he showed a little of the form he had when he started out, still needs work, but a little more confidence and he should be back in action.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Jay 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:40 pm

Buckley and Tarrant... i dont think they even got a kick this week!!!!
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:15 pm

Shaw - 1 good game in 2 years. And that was when a dying #22 was sitting in the stands.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:36 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have a car so I can't give them a lift... maybe some other time tho?

Razz

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Mick's My Favourite 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:52 pm

We need to get a bit of confidence back into our game and get the running back....

as I have said some blokes are never going to be dropped so we have to try and incorporate them into other areas of our game...

no better place to start than at our home away from home....

Footy Park in Adelaide...

we have had some great wins there.
Mick's My Favourite 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:55 pm
Post subject: Which is Collingwood's best victory at Football Park?Reply with quote

We have had a lot of great wins over at Footy Park?

It would be hard to go past Tazza's goal after the siren last year.

But speaking of Lucuria, what about the game he played against Port Power 2 years ago in the Finals when he had 40 possessions.

Usually the victory is against the odds and shows great courage.

Which is your favourite victory? Wink
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:03 pm

AGE wrote:
Shaw - 1 good game in 2 years. And that was when a dying #22 was sitting in the stands.

I'm surprised Shaw has lasted this long, it's time that Collingwood thought about parting ways with Shaw. Or leave him down at Williamstown.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:33 pm

I'm surprised people haven't questioned dropping shaw till now. Ok,he maybe a fast runner and all but if he's no where near the ball he can't use it. You can't get his confidence up if he's not near the ball and getting it regularly.
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:47 pm

The Prototype wrote:
AGE wrote:

I'm surprised Shaw has lasted this long, it's time that Collingwood thought about parting ways with Shaw. Or leave him down at Williamstown.

I think he gets around on his name. He's been here as long as Josh Fraser: 5 Years! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: