Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Just how much does S.A. Hate US???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:15 am
Post subject: Just how much does S.A. Hate US???Reply with quote

A new ad for Coopers Pale Ale (Cloudy foul tasting beer), goes on and on about how sad that the footy season is over, but says one good thing came out of it.......wait for it......NOT the power premiership, but COLLINGWOOD finishing 13th.

I didn't know whether to laugh or get mad, then I thought, Thats Great, Collingwood really hurt both teams in the finals the last few years, and thats why they hate us.

We all know Port only won the Grand Final cause Collingwood wasn't in the finals, as I tell Port people ALL the time!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, that is pathetic.
MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:40 am

I doubt they have to pay to merely mention us. Regardless, there mere fact they do in that way tells you a lot about the job Eddie has done. We were once the bain of every non Collingwood supporting Victorian's football life. Now we are National. Sydney and Brisbane hate us because we want to remove their marketing cap. Port hate us because we are the Magpies and we have caused them great agony in September. Adelaide hate us because we are Victorian for a start and because we have the wood on them as well as the mere fact Eddie is on TV all the time. The WA clubs hate us because we don't come to play after school at their house.

How many rivals do Brisbane, Sydney and Port have? Which club has as many rivals as Collingwood? Wecome to Collingwood's AFL. Image what it will be like when we win a premiership or two.

Just remember that the negative support gets us as much publicity and therefore sells as much sponsorship as the positive support. The opposition fans that turn up to see us play have the same currency as the Collingwood supporters.
vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:10 am

Yeah, every club wants to have a blockbuster game against Collingwood.

There's the Anzac Day game against Essendon, the Queen's Birthday game against Melbourne, the split round game against Sydney at Telstra Stadium, as well as the usual blockbuster games with Richmond and Carlton. Add to that St Kilda wanting to have an Easter game with Collingwood too, and anyone trying to claim that Collingwood don't hold this league together is kidding themselves.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:03 am

tess thats right they are our bitch in finals last time i checked we were leading 2-0 head to head in finals also we are the reason they got knocked out 2 yrs in a row
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:15 pm

Correct Tess - they bare scared of us. Go on Port, kick us when we're down. Because when you fall, we will kick you even harder....Twisted Evil
boss351 Leo

Proud Port Adelaide Supporter..... I come in peace, be gentle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:46 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
Correct Tess - they bare scared of us. Go on Port, kick us when we're down. Because when you fall, we will kick you even harder....Twisted Evil

and how is Coopers making a add that mentions Collingwood turned around to Port kicking you when your down, twist it anyway you want Rolling Eyes
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:51 pm

boss351 wrote:
Johnson#26 wrote:

and how is Coopers making a add that mentions Collingwood turned around to Port kicking you when your down, twist it anyway you want Rolling Eyes

Didn't understand a word you just said, mate. Are you HAL in disguise?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:54 pm

More narration. . . .
richo 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:56 pm

I live in SA and love the Pies, I USED to enjoy drinking pale ale, won't touch the S**t again. I drink VB anyway and when I do my mates go absolutely spare at me. I just do it to **** them off.

Richo
- new prez of the SA chapter of the I hate pale ale club -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: