Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

EDDIE Please read!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 3:48 am
Post subject: EDDIE Please read!!!Reply with quote

i know most of you people in here won't care but I am a concession member of the club (ie. i pay my $100 for the club with no questions asked) and i should be able to go to the games that i pay for. i also play under 17 football and i always hear people like wayne jackson say that junior football is the new blood of the game, the future, etc, etc. so why are there so many sunday games on when junior football is knowingly (i don't know if that is a real word but it sounds good) played. so far this year i have missed the carlton game (absolutely spewing but then again i missed it last year as well - both), the kangaroos, sydney, geelong (i know it wasn't our home game and it was only moved to a sunday when colonial was free as it was originally set down for saturday night but the wallabies took over - spewing) and now the brisbane lions game, and we're a chance for the finals if we win our last 2 games which means i'll miss the bulldogs game. what i'm saying is there are heaps of pies supporters out our area (diamond valley football league) and it's ridiculous for payed-up members to only hear the scores when the runner runs out and tells me. why should we have to pay money for games that we can't go to? my solution is this...you get your membership at the start of the year, pay up, etc, etc. and if you only go to 9 games (example) the club gives you some money back. you pay on a game by game system. what are your thoughts?

p.s. i know none of you in the forum will probably care but it just annoyes me greatly seeing as though i pay my money for the club and can't go watch the boys.

PieGirl39 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 4:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got to be kidding! Wanting money back from the club ... what a joke. Are you a real supporter or not?!

I do agree, however, that an 11 game membership should be used for any 11 games you like, and not just the home games.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:15 am

hmm having 4 different club memberships id have to say that one of the main reasons i buy them is because of the high amount of games i attend each week and of course to obtain a grand final ticket if possible. With my 4 teams clashing at times i obviously can't be in 2 places at once which is why i just bought all home game memberships this year and i agree Piegirl39 that it should include any 11 that u want but asking for money back off the club to me just shows that u r a half half supporter and maybe u didnt think properly enough about whether u should buy a membership or not. Dunno about my other teams but I know that with Collingwood i will always buy a membership (although at times have questioned whether they deserved our money) but i think there is one main benefit associated with being a member and that is that u can feel like u r doing something for your club and to just say that I AM A COLLINGWOOD MEMBER is something u should be proud of!

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl (edited 12 July 2001).]

magpie24 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:28 am

Hoggy, come on mate the third quarter against the doggies was worth $100.00, as i see in another post you were there!

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
biodave 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 6:39 am

Erm the reason I cant attend Sunday games is because of church and the reason I cant attend any games this year is because my parents are strict about my studies (VCE you see). So that's the reason I purchased a Magpies Nest Membership. It costs $50 (which is ok) and the greatest satisfaction is knowing that you're helping the club. You're at least doing something. That's value for money.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 6:57 am

Hoggy

Whatever you do mate keep that picture under your name it makes me feel a lot better(shit i aint bad at all compared to him)!!

CRA- COLLINGWOOD REPUBLICAN ARMY..'to dance with the enemy with bayonet is the greatest dance of all'we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 8:18 am

im glad they play mostly on sundays

cos i play on saturdays.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: