Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Did the fat lady sing?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phillbuck Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 10:24 pm
Post subject: Did the fat lady sing?Reply with quote

Hey, this season is not over yet PIE FANS and yes there is a chance, given the right conditions and circumstances, the PIES could run the table----what a great season that would make!!!

M&M AND PLAYERS it has happened before and would shock the Footy World to win out the rest of the season and finals also-----remember It COULD HAPPEN and with the fans behind you and YOUR determination IT WILL!!!

Hell this season's not over by a long shot!! Chins up and kick butt!

I've coached sports for many years and one thing I've learned ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

GOOD ON YA, and PIES FOREVER!

Phillbuck---USA

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 2:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i agree that all hope is certainly not lost. Out of the remaining 7 games, they are probably all quite "winnable" (is that a word??), some probably more than others. Certainly we need to get back on the winning list this week (wouldn't want to lose 3 in a row as it's be no good for team morale). Then Freo is, dare I say it, almost a certainty (i know we seem to find the going tough though in the games that we should win). Can't see why we couldn't beat Footscray and Carlton as we did the first time around, and against Richmond and Essendon we got pretty close. Finally, we have a pretty good history of beating North the last round of the season, so there's no reason why this year should be any different (and we certainly should have defeated them earlier this year - that was heartbreaking stuff).
So go get em Pies - you can do it!!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 6:05 am

I'm with you, Phillbuck. We just gotta start believing. A bit of faith, brothers and sisters. There's plenty more fun left in this season.

I'm prepared to bet my reputation as a good judge of all things related to footy that we will comprehensively destroy the Pretty Things next week.

There is nothing surer (is that a word?) on this planet.

Collingwood WILL beat Hawthorn.

I'm actually fairly confident about the next 4 games. But things will get a bit tough in the last 3 weeks. I reckon a final tally of 12 wins is quite achievable from here. With our highly respectable percentage it might be enough to get us into September.

Keep the faith, brethren ... and sisthren (is that a word?).

**floreat pica**

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 6:54 am

Alf, are you losing your pessimism?
Or maybe the old brown and yellow combination just doesn't seem threatening.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 7:00 am

we should've beaten them in round 1, but we seemed as if we were never going to win that game. but i'm feeling good about beating the hawks this weekend. they have no midfield, and without rehn, no decent ruckmen. and without holland they'll struggle up forward.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 7:06 am

Does anyone know if Josh is a certain starter this weekend? We really missed him on Sunday.

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 1:58 pm

AT LAST, a thread full of positive thoughts!!! I get so sick of reading all the negative crap and the sniping after a loss (or two).
OK, so Brisbane beat us. MM seems to think they're the next best thing to Essendon at the moment, so where's the disgrace in going down to them by about 4 goals? That margin was also our largest loss for the season-- nobody has given us a flogging all season nor have they looked like doing it.
Chris Tarrant has now been christened "Posterboy" and has been accused of not trying. For f**ks sake, he's a 20 yo extremely talented footballer who attracts the best defender (or two) every week , he sits well on the league goal-kicking ladder and we're bloody lucky that he plays for us and not against us. So he dropped a few marks vs Brisbane... have a look at his recovery, his second and third efforts and tell me he's not putting in.
Anthony Rocca has nearly been blamed again for a loss because he missed a goal he should have kicked. Shit happens. He's not perfect but he has been trying his guts out all season. Just this weekend Beaumont missed two critical shots at goal which could have won the game for the Princes Park Poofs; Matthew Richardson missed three easy ones for the Richmond rabble; Croad missed a sitter for the mob we're gunna beat this coming week. I'm even old enough to remember famous missed goals by Peter Hudson, Malcolm Blight Percy Jones and others. It does happen!!
We know for sure that our club president reads what is posted here and it's fairly likely that at least some of the playres also do. How the hell do you think they must feel when they read posts by some so-called supporters accusing them of not trying, accusing them of being lazy, virtually accusing them of losing a match and caring less than we do!
As has been said before, this season is far from over. What our team needs now is 100% support from all of us. Everyone knows we're not going to win every match we compete in but that doesn't mean we're not trying. Go back 12 months and ask if you really expected to be in the 8 now after losing the last two games. I think not.
Our boys have done us proud so far this year and will continue to do so and if any players happen to see this: I will always support you. I know each one of you is always doing the best you can for the club. I believe that the vast majority of us in this forum support you all totally. You have the honour of pulling on the colours of the greatest football club ... nobody really believes you aren't giving your all every game.

Go the Mighty Pies...Onwards to glory...Again

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 4:29 pm

Ya gotta have faith...faith...faith!! (sorry) Carn Pies, think positive thoughts. You can do it!!!!

JDF
Dazza42 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 8:25 pm

Yeah there aint no way the big girl has started singing yet, im pretty confident the boys will regroup and finish the season in a blaze of glory, and well if they dont ill still be proud of what they have done this year.....

GO PIES

"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"

[This message has been edited by Dazza42 (edited 18 July 2001).]

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2001 3:55 pm

on A. Rocca's game, does everyone remember when he first chased the ball forward, then when we lost control, he raced back and only just got there a little too late for a legitimate spoil, and gave away a 50m penalty which resulted in a certain kick for goal. Good effort that, the bloke who took the mark will be listening for the thump, thump of Rocca's feet, next time he goes for a mark, playing against us. AND last year A Rocca would have got reported for that, as well as giving away the 50m and goal, so he's still learning, which is good too!

GO THE PIES!

See the faithful tomorrow, those who can possibly make it.

Greg J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: