Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Have your say... Black & White Web Poll

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ytry4 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 11:41 am
Post subject: Have your say... Black & White Web PollReply with quote

Should the Collingwood Football Club move to Olympic Park?

'The heart of a club lies not in its location but in each and every one of its fans'
---------------------------------
BLACK & WHITE - For those who bleed Black & White

PieGirl39 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 4:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be really sad to see the Pies move to Olympic Park, but I can understand why they'll need to.

My only concern is that the ground isn't compromised in the process. I think that in times to come, we as supporters will have to fight tooth and nail to keep our ground in one piece and not covered in apartments on what is extremely valuable real estate. The sentimental and historical value of the ground (and especially the grandstands, so don't even think about knocking those down)is worth at least 100 times more.

So Eddie&Co, do what you need to, but please ensure that Vic Park lives on without you, because we still need it and always will. I know you've been talking about the VFL and junior leagues playing there - please make sure it happens!

- Amanda

Legga 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 4:19 am

I think that in these times of totally professional sport, we need the best possible facilities for the players, trainers admin etc. Unfortunately, we haven't improved or maintained and upgraded Vic park for years, and the infrastructure improvements needed would be a financial burden. Anyone who has been lucky enough to work and train with the VIS program will tell you that it has everything needed to provide the best quality facilities to a sporting organisation.
Vic Park will always be our home, but it is sadly in need of upgrade, and we can't afford to make it the same quality that the interstate clubs are used to, so I say, move to Olympic park, never forget the good times at Vic Park, and look forward to the best possible years on field to come.

ytry4 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:26 am

We wouldn't be in this situation if the administrations in the past had decided to upgrade Vic Park, as Carlton have done to Optus Oval.

'The heart of a club lies not in its location but in each and every one of its fans'

The room service guy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 7:24 am

We'd all love to stay at Vic Park forever, cos it's the most special place to us Pies fans, but if the move to Olympic Park is going to help us in terms of technology, injury prevention and the like, and make us the most professional club, it would be a great move. Wouldn't we be proud of working in conjunction with the VIS, and having a reputation of being more professional than clubs like Carlscum and Essendon. I think we'd luv it.

THE RUP IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

The room service guy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 7:28 am

P.S. - There wouldn't be a chance of Vic Park being knocked down, would there? Why couldn't Northern Knights make it their base. Having lived their in the past and so many Collingwood players coming from those regions before the under 18s came into existence, I think it'd be terrific.

THE RUP IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2001 5:48 am

We have to leave Victoria Park, the place is wallaby ted and is constraining the growth of Collingwood. What needs to happen is a link from the new facility to our birth place and past needs to be established. This could take the form of a display containing photos, video, and sound that visitors and members alike could use to be educated in the history of the pies.

It’s not the place that is important but rather what happened there. The emotion, feelings, abuse, joy, sorrow, etc that happened at Vic Park will never ever be forgotten by those who were part of the place, we need to take what is in our hearts and minds to Olympic Park/MCG and develop new things uniquely Collingwood. It seems from reading posts on this board that this is already happening with the cheer squad. It will be a sad day when we move, just like any move I suppose.

Legga 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2001 7:52 am

Our home is in all our hearts and minds when we see the black and white stripes run out on the ground every week. In a perfect world, we remain at Vic Park forever, but we are paying in some respects for some earlier mis-management, and some narrow minded attitudes that "it will happen because we are Collingwood"
WE should move to Olympic park, and establish a museum that celebrates a century at the best suburban ground in the world, that housed the best sporting club in the world, and walk as one back to Olympic Park on that last day in september with Bucks, MM and all the boys, Eddie and of course, THE CUP!!

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2001 3:20 pm

Tough call. I'll leave it to the experts to weigh up the pros and cons.

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 4:24 am

YES
definately
cause the social club there is great...and you would get people back there if we had the social club there..
lets move there

ytry4 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 11:20 am

I hope you posters above cast your vote in the web poll at http://users.tpg.com.au/pie4eva/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: