Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How bad AHHHHHHHHH the Pies?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 12:20 pm
Post subject: How bad AHHHHHHHHH the Pies?Reply with quote

Let me have a whinge please. After sitting through that "game" for 4 Qs I have to let it out. That 3rd quarter was the closest I've been to walking out of a game early,something I"ve only ever done once ,at Vic Park,when I left 5 mins before the end of a South game.
They were non competitive and nonaccountable to their opponents.They played with no confidence in themselves. What"s with Tazza? Doesn't he want to kick goals anymore or is he using it as practice for his short passing which is super Crap. Remember against Essendon and Port how he would just go back and nonchalently kick for goal? Rintoul is so out of touch it's not funny. Richardson even when he managed to mark IN FRONT of his opposition sent it nowhere to advantage and he wasn,t the only one. Why was he left on for so long?
I'm pretty angry at the moment.I couldn't believe this was the same team from about a month ago. It seems Everyone seems to have fallen into
the same hole. The question is,can they get out of it. Every loss has been worse than the last.

BUCKS4ME
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 3:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when we were playing Geelong a few weeks back. I found myself thinking, during the third quarter, that they looked really TIRED.

Malthouse said as much after today's match.

I'm not sure what plan Malthouse has got to freshen them up a bit, but at the moment they're like a horse that has well and truly run its race.

Too many players down on form, and it would be unfair to single anyone out.

I'm not confident about the Freo game next week. It's a horrible thought, but we might have to live with the knowledge that we were the only team to lose to Freo in 2001.

God, please no.

**floreat pica**

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 7:09 pm

At the start of the year most people knew that the Pies were only a 10th to 12th placed team and would have been happy with 8 or 9 wins for the season. I think we all expected 2002 to be our real chance for the finals. Yet it has been almost impossible not to take on the false hope that the team’s premature brilliance inspired. But now reality has hit and boy does it hurt, even though we are where we thought we would be. Our young kids are knackered, we have too many players carrying injuries into each match and a few too many under-performers. Half of me wants to rip them to shreds, while the other half knows that what they have achieved so far we should be proud of.

Expectations we have far exceeded
While the opposition we have impeded
But now that reality hits
It blows the illusion to bits
Yet we shouldn’t wallow in despair
We know one day soon we'll get there
We have to be patient and wait
Until we rule the top eight
It takes more than just one year
To build a team opponents do fear
We want our team to dominate
Not merely improve and stagnate
The Magpie era is soon to be here
Now that is something to cheer

The wait is almost over..............

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 2:24 am

Settle down a bit.

Look its heartbreaking but i think it's time we all take a good look at oursleves for a minute,i know why we are so hurt and so dissapointed and that is realistically yesterday was the last roll of the dice for the pies to be a genuine contender for the final eight and it kills to hear all them other scumbags give it to us,it kills once again to be television viewers come september.
But no one promised us a finals berth it was once again our blind passion that led us to believe we would be finalist, this is a young team and i guess we have got to be patient.

It was our biggest defeat for the year dont forget that, like its not as if we are being lined up week after week for a killing.

We have just got to stand by the players and the club, our day will come dont worry about that and how bloody sweet it will be.

COLLINGWOOD..simply the best...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST!!we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 22 July 2001).]

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:32 am

I agree with Joffa. Yesterday's game was really disappointing but during the last couple of years I would never have thought we'd have spent most of 2001 in the eight. And I am the first to admit that a few weeks ago I was thinking about how I was going to get my finals tickets this year. I wouldn't have even dared to think thoughts like that a couple of years ago.

I'm still really excited about our Club and team this year, they've taken a big step in form and confidence and they'll go ahead in leaps and bounds next year. Mind you I haven't given up hope of a finals appearance just yet. We've got a hungry young team who have something to prove, so I'll wait a few more weeks before I book my seat on the couch for September!

And if we're gutted at our finals chances slipping away, just imagine how the players must feel after all the hard work they've put in this season. They were giving everything they had in them against the Hawks but unfortunately it wasn't enough.

But they'll be back - bigger and stronger than ever!

I'm just off to the Doc to get my prozac now!

GO PIES!

Marg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: