Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Match preview from AFL- at least they belive in us!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PieGal4eva 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:20 pm
Post subject: Match preview from AFL- at least they belive in us!!!Reply with quote

Match Preview: Essendon v Collingwood
2:05:06 PM Tue 19 April, 2005
Andrew Wu
Exclusive to afl.com.au
ESSENDON v COLLINGWOOD

WHERE & WHEN: MCG, 2.10pm AEST, Channel Nine, 3AW, ABC, NIRS, Triple M

HEAD TO HEAD: Essendon 93, Collingwood 113, Draws 4.

LAST TIME: Essendon 18.13 (121) d Collingwood 13.9 (87), round 20, 2004 at the MCG.

THE MEDICAL ROOM: Collingwood's wretched run with injury has continued with Anthony Rocca to miss at least three months, perhaps even the rest of the season, after rupturing his Achilles tendon while Leon Davis will miss four weeks after breaking his wrist. Skipper Nathan Buckley (hamstring) is still out indefinitely, while ruckmen Josh Fraser (knee) and Guy Richards (knee) are at least a fortnight away, but Alan Didak could return after playing a half with Williamstown. The Bombers should regain Justin Murphy (shoulder), a late withdrawal against Geelong, but Andrew Welsh (shoulder) will need to pass a fitness test. Adam Ramanauskas (knee) is out for the season but ruckmen Matthew Allan (knee) and David Hille (calf) and former Tiger Ty Zantuck (shin) should all return over the next month.

THE STORY SO FAR: The Bombers have won just one match this season, against Hawthorn, but were comprehensively thrashed by Geelong on Saturday night while the Magpies have beaten only Carlton in round three, in between narrow losses to the Crows and the Kangaroos.

THE WHITEBOARD: The battle between two of the slowest midfields in the competition will be intriguing given that both clubs are missing their best ruckmen with Fraser, Richards and Rocca out for the Pies and Hille and Allan sidelined for the Bombers. Chad Morrison matched Carlton skipper Anthony Koutoufides two weeks ago so will be a chance to pick up James Hird while Brodie Holland will tag prolific ball-winner Jason Johnson if coach Mick Malthouse decides to go into damage control. Scott Burns is the Magpies' best player in close with Damien Peverill his likely opponent. The Bombers need forwards Scott Lucas and Matthew Lloyd to fire but they will need to beat Shane Wakelin and Simon Prestigiacomo to do so, with James Clement a more than handy backup option for the Pies.

THE VERDICT: Although both sides have won only one game, the main difference between the two sides is that the Magpies have been competitive in each of their losses whereas the Bombers have been thrashed twice. The Bombers have won 11 of their past 13 against the Pies, including five of the past six ANZAC Day clashes, but unless their middle tier players can step up to support the likes of Hird, Fletcher and Lloyd, they will remain on the bottom of the ladder after round five. Collingwood by 29 points.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit I wouldn't be so confident we got to make it a slugfest if we are going to win. Shit I hate it when they talk us up! But as Ajax says in the Warriors " I wanna be Warlord".

www.facebook/the hybernators
crackers57 

Let sleeping dogs lie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:49 pm

**Chink Chink** Bombers come out to plaaaaay **Chink Chink**
Bomberrrrrrrrs Come out to plaaaay aaaay Twisted Evil

jimbeam 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:30 pm

If we cannot beat the dons on monday all my optimistic hope and support will go straight out the door.. There is no way we have any excuse not to go out and win this one easy.. Injuries, not playing by the game plan whatever.. No excuses for this game.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:33 pm

yep well i said id reserve judgement on the season until round 5. 1-4 will probably make me write them off as well.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:22 pm

I'll wait until round seven to write sides off. Look at the Hawks last week.

Would that be the first time this year that they have tipped us?
Foghorn Leghorn 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:33 pm

Main worry is the blast they have copped from the media, their captain and assistant coach they will be fired up MM will have to fire the boys up equally if we are a chance.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:34 pm

Yes, I'm afraid that, especially because only our own mental failure can beat us, I too would have little hope left that we can make it this year if we drop this one.

No one ever flogs us, no one beats us for four quarters, we are always in the match for two or three quarters. If we drop this one too, that's just too many mental failures & a sign that major work is needed to get there.

But tell me (I've asked before but none of the 'pessimists' ever answer), who didn't have a spark of hope that we were back at three quarter time in the Melbourne game last year when we were minutes away from four in a row?

Well???

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Grug Leo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:16 am

Hopefully Didak is back.

He's an exciting player to watch.

Clokey 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:58 am

diDAAK. Which year was it he took the super mark? Last year? I cannot remember.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:31 am

It was last year Clokey.

35, we all thought we had it (4 in a row) in the bag last year. The DEmons took the wind out of our sails.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: