Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We are tired, give the ressies a go

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 3:03 am
Post subject: We are tired, give the ressies a goReply with quote

Some of our mid fielders are looking tired after the heavy workload, MM why don't you give scotland, adkins, burns and betheras a chance to take the burden off and some fresh run into the side. i think dimmatina, steinfort, freeborn and even o'bree (although i wouldn't drop him, just more bench time for rest periods/ or forward pocket/back pocket rests) need a break. Even just one week, and given they are playing freo, it is ideal. I am not suggesting we take freo lightly, because this is an extremely danger game over there. they would give themselves every chance and we would have egg on our faces if we lost. it is a must win game for any chance we have on making the finals.

bolta 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 4:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Millane 42

Dont you think thatguys like adkins & scotland get knocked of the ball to lightly. I know this is what some of the match committee think.

Do you think we can con have l. davis, b. holland, adkins, scotland in the same 22 ? (even though we look slow at the minute - its a catch 22!)

the greatest advantage of steinfort is he doesn't get knocked of the ball & the guy is as tall as buckley (6'1)!

Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 7:00 am

Yeah i think all those guys are interchangeable - wing, back pocket, forward pocket, on the ball.

Although bolta, how you can say adkins gets knocked off the ball when last year he played 18 games, and was a great performer, quick, a goal kicker, a possible match winner in the vein of nick davis - and has only got 1 kick and 1 selection so far this year. give him a go - he has star potential.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 8:34 am

Well sadi Millane 42. I agree completely we need to start rotating out midfield week in and week out and freshen up our players and make it less predictable for the opposition

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
bolta 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 9:55 am

Millane 42

i didnt say adkins didnt do well last year - but i think in the middle we getted knocked of the ball to easy. If we play all the young kids in there - it will cont. to happen - thats all i meant & we all you if you get hands on the ball 1st then you most likely win the game.

I think adkins is a future leader, but like all kids need time & space !!! Thus we either have to say , right lets play all those kids & be happy with missing finals or play a few of the other guys like dimma, steinfort etc .. and hope to make finals

Just my view & I know thats what a few of the match day committe think.

Cheers

Millane42 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 1:45 am

But bolta

burns and betheras are more experienced than dimmatina, and rather than play adkins in the middle you start him on the wing to get some early touches, and from what i have seen scotland is pretty hard at it. what about tyson lane, he has done some good stuff this year. I can see your point but if you can find a balance i think we have some depth to cover tiring players.

bolta 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:19 am

milane 42

fair enough point and I hope so.

Can I pose one to you that i heard on the radio last night? CFC cream (match winners) include: buckley, Nick davis, fraser, tarrant and rocca - 3 of these guys are under 21 & 55 afl games, with rocca 22. Our are better players that we expect to win the game are tiring & thus it has had an effect on the other young guys - if so how to we get around it - i not sure - its was a good point by david hookes on 3AW!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: