Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terrible!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie.girl 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 10:55 am
Post subject: Terrible!!Reply with quote

well, another summer to ponder whst sort of list we have and who we will get for next year. After sitting and watch the most pathetic effort for along time, I just don't see what the future lies. We have too many passengers and if these blokes are the future of our club, then we really don't have much of a future,

Freeborn, Dimma, Steinford, Lane, Wakelin and especially McKee have to go if this club is to go anywhere. These guys are not up to playing against the better teams, and will constantly keep us down if they remain. Hard decisions have to be made, both on and off the field. Noel Judkins and Neil Balme can go as well. We were told to wait4 - 5 years to see the fruits of the master recruiters work, and it is well and truly 4 years and we really have recruited s*it. We have a couple of good players, but all in all, I really think our recruiting has been below average. Not good enough for a bloke on $600+ grand a year.

If we keep recruiting ordinary footballers, we will remain an ordinary club. I for one have had enough of below average players and seasons. TIME FOR CHANGE

Pies R Us

Digs 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 11:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, when I saw you write that Freeborn has to go, I thought I was gonna agree with you but then I read the rest and uhh .... well .... sorry. I don't see how you can say we've recruited shit when we have arguably one of the best young lists in the comp. I did expect more this season also but I've also enjoyed the way we've been playing for the majority of the season.

Just gotta say that today was pretty damn crappy. Everyone's just playing really ordinary and it's really really painful to watch.

As for trade bait:

Freeborn - GONE
Richardson - Definitely look at trading him for someone of similar physical and positional stature.
Stone - Never gonna be nothin
Roach - As above
Lane - been playing better but still look to trade
Ukovic - I like him but he's dropped off big time
Adkins - just me or is he lookin chubby??
McKee - Trade ONLY if we can get another ruckman

As for Dimma and Steinfort - they are taggers, roleplayers in the team. Roleplayers are important in any side. I reckon we persevere with these guys, they're ok.

Next year, Leon will be a superstar, Cloke will be ready for seniors as will Didak. Hopefully Fraser will have bulked up a lil and the young guys will mature just that bit more that will propel us to being a top 4 team. Remember i said it.

GANGSTA LEON!!

Oh yeah, get Sav back!

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 11:36 am

One more year, then i will start asking questions.

Freeborn - GOODBYE!!
Richo - still has one good year in him
Stone - not AFL quality
Roach - Likewise
Lane - the biggest phoney i have ever seen - plays well in the last couple of weeks but where was he for most? GOOD RIDANCE!
Ukovic - Essendon reject, from when the bombers were crap. Trade to St Kilda.
Adkins - i think it is just you Digs. That groin injury hit him hard, and he was never going to come up for this season. Looked very unfit in the reserves this morning, but give him a whole pre-season and he will be a star. Untouchable.
McKee - trade even if we don't get another ruckman. Kinnear and Rocca have done a much better job than him (apart from today). His time is up.
Dimma - tagger, keep him but only for games where he needs to tag. He is only playing this year because Adkins isn't.
Wakelin - Shithouse today, but has had a good year, not great, but good.

Every other player should not even be considered for trade bait if Collingwood really want to succeed. One more influx of quality and we will be a top four side next year. Mark my words.

daicos4ever

2002 - The Year of the Pie
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 12:10 pm

I'd generally agree with you Daicos4ever.

JDF
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 12:21 pm

i think freeborn is a very good player..hes been good this year..and one of the few players to stand up today and give us some run through the centre..you can see leon has taken another step up the last few games..he'll be very good next year..today was horrible..but lets not forget the good games we played and the great youngsters we have at the club..in 2000 we lasted till round 5, maybe round 7...this year we lasted till round 13..next year we'll be able to run out a full year...im still excited to be a collingwood supporter..lets beat the roos next week..11 wins would be a good effort and improvement from last year

pure magic...
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 12:21 pm

Freeborn - For where they have been playing him recently (in the backline)he is too short, adds the occasional run out of the backline but lacks in other facets of his game such as maning (sp?) up. DELIST / TRADE

Richardson - Not sure about him, he is on and off. I'd say keep him for the moment BUt we must look to recruit a quality backman with a bit of pace and skill to help out a little. KEEP.

Stone - Haven't seen too much from him and probably won't be hearing much of him next season. DELIST / TRADE

Roach - Hmmm, not sure about him. From all reports he is doing jack all. DELIST / TRADE

Lane - Didn't mind him when he first came to the club but has done nothing since. Came from a club of rejects and hasn't changed a bit. DELIST / TRADE.

Ukovic - The last good game I saw him play in the seniors was probably in Round 2 last year against Carlton. On the way out, dropped off considerably. DELIST / TRADE.

Adkins - This guy is a little gun. We saw what he was like last year but unfortunately suffered from injuries this year. With a full pre-season he should be fit and ready to play seniors footy again next year. KEEP!!!

McKee - I have never liked this guy (go through all my posts if you don't believe me). Was a hack at Richmond and is a hack (big time) at Collingwood. However, unless we recruit another ruckman (QUALITY) then he may keep his spot on the list. POTENTIAL TRADE.

Dimma - Should be kept. For the moment he is doing what he is told to do each match. KEEP.

Steinfort - Not so sure about Steinfort, he hasn't provided enough value for money so far. PROBABLY KEEP (for now).

Wakelin - Has been a star is some games (particularly again Essendon) but crap in others. Up and down in form. Should be kept for the time being, he could be helped with the recruitment of a quality backman. KEEP.

JDF

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 25 August 2001).]
Chipper!! 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 1:27 pm

sorry but i dont think that Damien Adkins to trade bate. he has been injured. if he recovers he will be a good footballer. just give him a go!!
Chipper you rock!!

Chipper rocks!!

pants42 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 1:34 pm

Well magpie girl and others ,i can understand your frustration are you all related in any shape or form to rohan, it is a bit early for backstabbing i would have thought nothing personal ,cheers..

[This message has been edited by pants42 (edited 25 August 2001).]
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 2:37 pm

Ok OK lets back it up a little. Im sure we are emotional and upset and in my case a little hung over but lets not hang these Collingwood players after one poor effort.

Today i was embarrassed to watch this pitiful effort. If thats how we play when a finals spot is ont eh line then we dont deserve to be there.

However i disagree with everyone bagging Steinfort and Tyson Lane and Freeborn etc.

My main issue is why we did not inject younger players with fresh legs at least a month ago. How can Molloy play week in week out when he misses easy goals ?

I will look upon this season as a wasted season as we were in a position to be playing finals football and blew it.

SEIZE THE DAY

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 3:29 pm

Guys, this isn't back stabbing it is facing reality. Some of these players will have to go and this is based on the whole season's form...not just today.

JDF
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 3:50 pm

hmmmmm well what can we say about today...
now was it me or did Richo look a pat pig today?? im not critisising him or anything, just he looked fat to me!

Tyson Lane i have never liked, hes a gib.
McKee i have never liked, he looks DUMB
Wakelin...you have to keep SOMEONE in the team that is good to look at..*winks*
Steina...yeah another year
Dimma...great tagga...gotta keep him
Ukovic...who cares
Adkins...can't let him go
and the others yeah, no comment
other than Nathan is GOD...
and can SOMEONE tell me how the **** he didn't get in the top 50????? cause it WAS taken on football TALENT as well...that ALONE should have got him right up there..???
*sighs*

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 3:56 pm

pat pig???
eerrrmmmmm
FAT pig i mean

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 6:57 pm

the only problem i have with Lane is that all season he played like shit, but now he has "found" form. It is not just this season either, it has been going on for seasons. Until he wants to play for a whole season, and not just when it suits him, i will have no respect for him.

daicos4ever

2002 - The Year of the Pie
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 5:25 am

I guess we can be open and honest now that our year is BAMBOOZELED. My delists/trades would be Stone/Lane/Dimmatina/Baynes/Roach/Betheras/Ukovic(for sure)/
..thats 7 players we can clear out and look to draft...as for chipper, he will be an absolute gun quality midfielder and if its a third midfielder we need we have him in him. I'd give Dimma's responsibility to Scotland in a match day role type situation and I would also hold onto Steinfort. Freeborn I would also consider as a delist but I'am on the fence with him a bit.

Louis

Magpie.girl 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:13 am

I don't think having an opinion is backstabbing. The effort yesterday was about the worst all season, and we were playing for our season.

Was it just me, or did Tarrant look disinterested? His shot at goal in the last qtr looked like a bloke who was just there to make up the numbers. I suppose we can't single out just Tarrant, as that critisism can be labelled at 18 other blokes out there.

If we are a tired group, then why is it that the same blokes are out there, week after week. Does it suggest that MM thinks we have 20 or so blokes that can play AFL, and the rest aren't worth S#it. It's dissappointing to lose, but the effort yesterday was beyond dissappointing.

Pies R Us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: