Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who would you like to recruit?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 6:56 am
Post subject: Who would you like to recruit?Reply with quote

My list:
Heath Black: Good mid-fielder, would help Bucks & Obie

Spider Everitt: Ruckman is desperatly needed. Also can kick goals.

Dean Solomon or Jade Rawlings: Need a defendar.

Matthew Pavelich or Aaron Hamill: (Only if Tarrant is to leave): It Taz wants to leave, we need a qulaity forward to take over. I heard that Hamill was seen having lunch with Eddie and Bucks. Not sure if it is true or not, who knows.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 7:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read the name of the topic, the first name that popped into my head was Jade Rawlings. He would be a great pickup. If we can get Everitt then that would be fantastic, Josh will be able to run loose and cause havoc.

I like Longmuir, but he is another forward which I'm not so sure we need right now. I'd also agree regarding Pavlich.

Basically what we need is a ruckman, key defender and probably another quality midfielder.

JDF
RUPERT ROCKS 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 8:44 am

I am still unsure about Heath Black. I think that he can get himself into trouble a few too many times. We need someone like a Mark onston from Essendon and I dont think that Heath Black is our answer.

I would love both Rawlings and Soloman. Solaman could be used as a backman, midfielder nad forward so he should really be a prioty for the club in the trading period. The only reason he would wnat to come to the club is the Tarrant factor. Any this talk that Tarrant wants to leave is rubbish and people dhould stop psoting this. The club also wont use him as bait. The Club worked so hard to get him to stay 2 years ago and Tarrant is the reason we got rid of Sav, so that Tarrant and our forward line strucutre would be able to perorm better to the way MM wants and irt has. Tarrant is our game plan.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 9:06 am

I wouldn't go as far as to say "Tarrant is our game plan", I would hope that our game plan is alot more thought out than...kick it to Tarrant.

JDF
Scottie Davo 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 11:35 am

I grit my teeth when I say this, but when he was at Carlton, I though hopefully one day we caould have him...that's Aaron hamill.

I like his hard attacking of the ball in the air. I'm not too sure about his kicking though...as per tarrant, but I would like to see Hamill in the Pie colours for a couple of years and come what may.

The future is black and white.
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 2:47 pm

blake caracella
brad johnson
jim plunkett
andrew eccles
peter burgoyne
chad morrison

these players are very good and very underrated..and..

byron pickett
cupido
bell
ugle from fremantle

pure magic...
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 4:44 pm

I would like Matthew Primus.
Pity he's not available.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 5:12 pm

Well we could have had Plunkett last year but he was over looked. Plunkett is good because Carlton have shown faith in him. He is a battler similat to Jason Wild although obviously a little better than that.

Hamill i would say no to. Hamill does not display any team loyalty and i believe this is a very bad trait to have. If we wanted to we could have bid for Hamill last year but we didnt even enter the race.

Sure it would be good to Everitt but i very much doubt that we will get him. We always go after big name players but very rarely do we get them.

A more realistic target i think would be Matthew Clarke. Sure he may not be the best player but one thing he can do is jump and tap the ball which is something we desperately require. Im thinking we could give up Tuckey in exchange for him. I watched the Adelaide v Carlton game live and Adelaide desperately need a key forward.

An Adelaide player likely to leave i believe is Peter Vardy. A few years ago Vardy was one of the best half forwards in the game and is a natural goal kicker. Could form a good combination with Nick Davis and Vardy is hard at the ball. A change of scenery and new coach could do Vardy well.

There is no way we will get Barry Hall. Sydney will out bid any offer that we would even consider putting up. Sydney also have a living from home allowance that gives them more room in their salary cap.

Im starting to become of the opinion that Essendon will not lose any big name players. Sheedy will work hard on the football satisfaction argument and playing in Premierships. I think the most they will give away is a Moorcroft type player who only looks good because he is playing in a good team.

Then we move onto Corey McKernan. This time every year the good old Corey is leaving North rumour starts. I very much doubt that he will leave the Kangaroos.

Chad Morrison is a good player but is coming off a new injury. Played his best Football under Malthouse so may be worth a punt. However we all saw last year how friendly WCE were in the Pre Draft Period.......lol

Heath Black is a gun, however last year the Kangaroos tried to obtain him in the Peter Bell deal and the Dockers said no. Therefore it is highly unlikely that we will come up with a suitable trade.

Hopefully we can recruit at least one of the key players we require in the pre draft period

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 5:28 pm

Our top recruiting priority has got to be getting JLC into the real Cheer Squad.

**floreat pica**

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 3:25 am

Yeah thats true and thats pretty achievable if you guys want me in there ??

APA

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 6:31 am

I'll even take a pay cut to fit you into the salary cap.

**floreat pica**

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 6:43 am

Im thinking of joining the cheersquad anyway. The Canberra trip made me realise that the people in the Cheersquad are pretty cool and the atmosphere is goood. Hopefully next year we can be bigger and better than ever!!!!!!!!!

APA

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 6:47 am

Aron Hamil. Please NOOOOO

Hamil is the most overrated forward I have seen for a long time. He has only 1 redeeming feature to his game and that is the way he attacks the ball or throws himself at the contest. No better than Jarad Molloy in that regard. The problem is he doesn't end up with the ball enough. When he does get it, he can't kick it well enough to hurt the opposition.

As big Jack said, he wanted Kouta's money but he isn't Kouta. Carlton never let good players go.

I also hope we don't go after Barry Hall. He is a fair Full Forward but can't play anywhere else and is unreliable in any event. He has a bit of grunt but is a simple strait line player. I can't see who he would replace in our forward structure and he is WAY over priced.

Solomon woould be a good pick up and so would Black. No1 priority must be a ruckman. I don't know if we can get Spider but he would be the ideal player for our team. Good athlete with a bit of experiance. He can ruck, kick goals and drop back behind the play. The only question is his attitude. If MM was happy with his attitude he should be made a priority and we should make sure we get him. The top 4 is waiting for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: