Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1: team, scores, best players, match reports

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:05 pm
Post subject: Round 1: team, scores, best players, match reportsReply with quote

B: H. Shaw - Wakelin - J. Cloke
HB: O'Brien - Hall - Swan
C: Greene - Morrison - Egan
HF: B. Johnson - T. Cloke - Caracella
F: Williams - C. Cloke - Davies
R: Fanning - Lloyd - Rowe
Int: Nicholls - Stanley - Pendlebury - Lawry
R. Cook - Brewer - Tallis - Picken - Pearce
Iacobucci - Boyd - Anthony

Last edited by Dale61 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Still the 4 senior i/c players to come out. Given that Willi play Saturday we'll know soon enough who they will be.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:24 pm

Where's Tex???
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:03 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Where's Tex???

Thought that myself. Can't find Willi 2nd's squad anywhere.
AFL_Record Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:39 pm

Tex is carrying an injury.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:54 pm

3/4 time scores:

Will: 6.14.50 (Lawry 4 goals, Williams 2)
BH: 3.15.33 (BH kicked a goal on the siren.)

Final Score:
Will: 11.15.81
BH: 5.20.50

Goals: Lawry 4, Williams 2, Greene 2, Nicholls 2, Johnson.
Best Players: H. Shaw, S. Greene, S. Pendlebury, H. Lawry, C. Morrison, A. Williams

CFC players I heard called:
Fanning, Nicholls, H. Shaw, Pendlebury, Rowe, C2, C1, Davies, Egan.

Last edited by Dale61 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:46 pm

AFL_Record wrote:
Tex is carrying an injury.

tex played in the willi 2s

jabso#5 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:13 pm

Willy won by about 6 goals in the end.
From SEN's report Greene (29 disposals) and Lawry (4 goals) were the best.

Collingwood players:
Nicholls: Played well with about 15 disposals, shut down Kane in the 2nd half and kicked 2 in the last quarter.

Pendlebury: Good 4 quarter effort apparently. Great skills and 19 disposals. Schwarze and the guys rated him.

Iacobucci: Didn't say much about him seemed to get a bit of it.

C.Cloke, Fanning seemed quiet and beaten in the ruck.

J.Cloke had a typical VFL game, the general in defence.

H.Shaw was probably the best Collingwood listed players wtih around 25 disposals and killed Harry Miller.

Rowe: Had alot of it in the first. Seemed to have a lot of it. SEN callers were calling him Justin Rowe the whole day, Schwarze now and again called him Julian and then said "i've gotta stop calling him Julian, it's Justin" and then someone said it's Julian.

Egan: Had about 15 and seemed alright, quiet in patches.

Davies: Had 20+ possies didn't talk much about him though.
Cook: Hardly touched it.
Anthony: Got beaten by Boyle pretty easily but only early days.

I don't know if Iles played or not.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:40 pm

just got back from the game. Geez it was a scrappy affair, I"ve seen much worse days weather wise but the wind seemed to get into the players heads and some of the disposals were pretty atrocious at times.

Williamstown ran over the top of Box Hill in the end. Steven Greene played ok, was suprised to read he had that many touches, but he, like Willy, gradually got better as the game wore one.

Johnson showed enough that he will be an asset at the club.

Chris Egan played pretty well but went off just before 3/4 time grabbing behind his knee, limped off under his own steam. He was worked on at 3/4 time break and thankfully came back on in the last and seemed to be moving alright.

I thought Fanning had a solid game, liked his work.

Hall made some of his customary errors but hit the ball hard at times still makes me nervous.

I thought Ben Davies was good, disposal let him down but that doesn't seem to be a deterrent for getting a senior game.

Shaw was solid, as per usual and i'm biased with him as I like the gritty, take no prisoners, ball is the object type of players.

Chadwick Morrison, he gets his customary tonne of touches but is he damaging enough with them? Did provide good run for some link up play.

Yakka was there abouts all day, in and under packs, which was good considering the scrappiness of the game.

Rowe almost seemed a sleeper in that one minute you thought he wasn't on the ground then he'd have 4 touches in quick succession, maybe a couple more weeks at Willy though.

But the highlight for me was the man wearing number 16.

TICKETS PLEASE - ALL ABOARD THE PENDULBURY EXPRESS.

jump on board folks, i after the first game have customarily picked my new favourite player to focus on for the year. Previous holders have been Didak, Clokey 1, Maxwell and Chrissy Egan. So not sure of my record but this kid knows how to get it, knows how to create space where there isnt any, seems pretty good overhead and at ground level and like maxwell he doesn't seem to panic in the clinch. didn't rip the game apart or wasn't BOG but sometimes you just see something that makes you go, geez something good could be happening here.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:17 pm

WKB, the SEN callers were having orgasms over Pendles, but I'm not too sure whether to take their comments as a given as Schwarta couldn't get Rowey's name correct until midway through the last quarter. Kept calling him Justin until he was corrected.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:29 pm

Cheers guys , good to hear Pendles playing well
AFL_Record Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:47 pm

[quote="jonesy86"]tex played in the willi 2s[/quote]

Why is he in the 2s? FFS, He is better than that.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:50 pm

No he aint, there is no spot in the Willy 1s for Tex, none of the big blokes he could replace other than Hall but even Hall looked better than Tex ever has today and Hall was shocking, 2nd qtr was entertaining with the hawks fans getting stuck into him

Wind was shocking out there but it was nearly a perfect day out at Willy although the last qtr was freezing when the sun disappeared

Fanning is looking better around the ground, still dont like his ruck work

I dont know most of the team so I will use numbers

3 was sensational all day (Guessing he is one of the Willy blokes)

44 looked terrible untill he bobbed up with 2 late goals

Jase had a great last qtr, was quiet up untill then but his opponent wasnt doing any damage

Cam had a very quiet day out at CHF and sometimes back at FF as the wind made delivery shocking and down the end I was for 3 qtrs, anyone within 60 was having a shot Razz

Rowe was useless, Egan did nothing to get back into the side

Morrison showed why Mick picked him up but he still aint damaging enough to play AFL

73 or something like that for Box Hill absolutely murdered Willy, only reason they didnt go down by 100 Razz
GW19 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:33 pm

Pendlebury looked good today. Those who have drawn a comparison with Dal Santo may be on the money - he certainly knows how to sidestep and move through traffic. I'd play him for Collingwood next week, off the bench as he still lacks some match fitness.

Heath Shaw should be playing for the Pies too. Played a great game today and was impressed to find him providing instruction to the other defenders at quarter time - some leadership potential there???

Yakka's game was solid. In and under as always and disposal by foot was good. Has the toughness and work ethic of some of our senior players but better disposal. Needs to keep working hard to push for senior selecton.

Didn't mind 44's game - Nicholls. Got a bit of it in his first game and generally used it well.

I suspect that Rowe is still struggling with groin problems. Received treatment at quarter time and never quite looked comfortable for mine - though he still found a bit of it.

Overall, not too much to write home about today. The standard of play generally was very poor - not sure how Point Gelibrand helps our youngsters as they work on honong their skills. The ground is too exposed to the wind.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:03 am

geez comparisons to Del Santo for Penddles is tough for the kid.

Now on saying that he did have the distinct knack of finding that extra bit of room when there didn't seem to be any.

I was going on so much about him throughout the game even my family told me to shut up as they could see him as well. I like the kid.

That poor nicholls kid, 44, deserved those two goals. Got one of the worst holding the ball decisions I've ever seen in that 3rd quarter. literally one on one, balls bounced into his chest, bloke right next to him wrapped him up ball and all (almost instantaniously) and trapped the ball into him and the idiot in orange called holding the ball. Worse decision of the year in round one, will be hard to beat.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: