Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 7 v Casey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

aparently lost by 32points
rusling kicked 4 in the 2nds and was named in the best

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:30 pm

So basically we played shit in the 1st qtr and ended up playing 3 even qtrs, wow, thats just like the Bullants game wasnt it?

With the side Willy has they should be top 4, instead they cannot win away and are on the road for the next couple of weeks
GW19 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:34 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
So basically we played shit in the 1st qtr and ended up playing 3 even qtrs, wow, thats just like the Bullants game wasnt it?

With the side Willy has they should be top 4, instead they cannot win away and are on the road for the next couple of weeks

We have to expect some inconsistency with the number of kids in the team. I'd expect that they'd be more consistent as the season progresses.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:54 pm

Dale61 wrote:
WKB, seeing as though you are throwing ex-AFL/VFL players names around, there have been some huge names that have been associated with Williamstown in the past.

Ron Todd, Des Fothergill, Max Papley, Barry Gill, E.J. Whitten (coach in '75), Merv Hobbs, Rod Oborne (Capt/Coach '82/'83), Terry Wheeler, Barry Round, Kim Kershaw, Andrew Bews and Merv Keane come to mind.

Ron Todd holds the clubs goal kicking record of 672, whilst Fothergill and Round are both J.J. Liston Medal winners.

I'm sorry Dale, but as sad as it is, the Williamstown of that era does not exist really any more. This entity that exists today known as 'Williamstown' is little more than a Collingwood reserves team. They may still have the same name and everything but that's about it.

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:45 pm

By your way of thinking, you could say the same thing about Collingwood, in the way that none of the history of the club is relevant pre-AFL.

Those of us born and bred Williamstown supporters are proud of the history of the club, a club that in all reality has been around longer than CFC.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:49 pm

:00 PM Sun 21/May

Casey Fields Casey Scorpions 14.14-98
vs
Williamstown 9.12-66
Casey Scorpions
Goal Kickers: A. Murray 3, A. Fiora 2, D. Pfitzner 2, N. Carmody, B. Heenan, M. McGough, M. Ferguson, D. Biagi, M. Bruin, K. Matthews
Best Players: M. McGough, A. Fiora, D. Rigg, K. Matthews, M. Rix, B. Cosgriff
Williamstown
Goal Kickers: H. Lawry 2, T. Cloke 2, S. Greene, B. Johnson, A. Iacobucci, B. Davies, D. Fanning
Best Players: J. Cloke, J. Rowe, B. Johnson, T. Cloke, H. O''Brien, S. Greene

Another week, another BOG For Clokey
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:52 pm

Seniors:

Casey Scorpions: 6.3.39 - 8.3.51 - 12.6.78 - 14.14.98
Williamstown: 0.3.3 - 2.7.19 - 6.10.46 - 9.12.66

Goal Kickers: H. Lawry 2, T. Cloke 2, S. Greene, B. Johnson, A. Iacobucci, B. Davies, D. Fanning

Best Players: J. Cloke, J. Rowe, B. Johnson, T. Cloke, H. O'Brien, S. Greene.

Reserves:

Casey Scorpions: 2.2.14 - 2.7.19 - 4.11.35 - 9.13.67
Williamstown: 3.7.25 - 11.10.76 - 17.14.116 - 24.19.163

Goal Kickers: P. Rose 5, S. Rusling 4, C. Proctor 3, D. Galea 2, A. Cook 2, S. Cox 2, R. Tallis, A. Chiu, S. Meyer, B. Hall, L. Picken, S. Iles

Best Players: D. Nicholls, S. Meyer, T. Langlands, A. Chiu, L. Picken, S. Rusling

Last edited by Dale61 on Mon May 22, 2006 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:01 pm

Great to see Harry continued his AFL form and did not drop the head after his unfortunate demotion.

Ditto Clokey. And good to see Julian Rowe in some good touch, too, he'd be looking for a place in the seniors sooner rather than later.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:34 pm

How did Rhyce Shaw and Scott Pendlebury play?

Given we are playing a fast and small bulldogs side i think one of the two will be given a run for Collingwood, if not both...

Great to see Jason BOG once again, i know how many critics he has and i hope he can get back into the seniors and finally cement a spot...

Its also really great to see Trav Cloke step up on a wet day and kick two goals and get his name in the best. I think the one thing that Trav is lacking in the seniors is goals, you cant expect to much from him as an 18/19 year old but i think some people do... once he starts to get the kicking boot on he will be just as dangerous as Tazz and Rocca...

Despite it being in the reserves reserves its releaving to see Rusling coming back and kicking four on the way... One thing is to come back and get through a game, another is to get through and to stamp your authority on the game...

This once again shows our depth and i can see Rus and Trav in the forward half in the black and white as a dangerous combination in the years to come...

Other good things to note:
Julian Rowe, good to see you back in the best column
Danny Nicholls, a best on, well done, i look forward to seeing this kid play
Harry O'Brien, very stiff to be demoted again but rules are rules, however all he can do is play good footy which is what hes doing... looking forward to seeing Harry in 2007 on the senior list, or in unfortunate circumstances for someone else, in 2006...
Not a good thing to note but...Mark McGough shows that he really is a wet whether player and that only with a best on for Casey

In a whole, dissapointing for such a strong line up to get done to a team called "Casey"...
Well done to the players mentioned above Very Happy
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:47 pm

Quote:
Not a good thing to note but...Mark McGough shows that he really is a wet whether player and that only with a best on for Casey

He deserves to be in the St.Kilda team. He has been in top form over the past month, he deserves a crack.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:34 pm

Apparently RUZ missed as many as he kicked so he could of really kicked a bag good to see he will/should be lining up at FF next week in willy 1's , which is probably Willy 1's week spot they haven't had a decent FF to kick to. It was noted on BF that when T.Cloke got the ball (at CHF) he had no one to go to atleast this week if he is still in the willy side he will have the RUZ down there , exciting times ahead for us IMO.
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:53 pm

I wouldnt read too much into the Rusling performance as the 2's were going at half pace and still won by a 100 points. He does look fit though and has bulked up a little too.

I would have to agree with eddie's summary of the game. The first half there was very little rain and Jason Cloke dominated the whole backline and even pulled in a screamer. Ryce shaw looked sharp, Harry was good old harry and Travis looked good aswell.

My question is how does a VFL side with 10-11 players pushing for AFL spots look so shoddy in a half of football? take Jason Cloke away and willy lose by 10-15 goals.

From what i saw Pendlebury tried to do a little too much whenever he got the ball and was caught a few times. I had to ask someone what number he was because i had never seen him before but if i had to make a comparison i would say Nick Dal Santo, everytime he kicked it was all class.

Casey Fields has an amazing surface, smallish stand (how many VFL grounds have you seen with a huge stand and cover all the way round? The parking is horrendous, there are more parking spots at my local basketball stadium down the road!

It will slowly get bigger and bigger with time and growing interest.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:02 pm

couragous cloke wrote:
Casey Fields has an amazing surface, smallish stand (how many VFL grounds have you seen with a huge stand and cover all the way round? The parking is horrendous, there are more parking spots at my local basketball stadium down the road!

It will slowly get bigger and bigger with time and growing interest.

Every VFL ground I have been to has a large grandstand, this one doesnt, you dont want seating all round like the AFL grounds but it would be good if there was a proper stand

But like most modern grounds they focus more on facilities for media, coaches, players than spectators
Prynny_22 Sagittarius

Out of Nicks BB Retirement

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:22 pm

Casey fields this year was built mostly to cater for Cranbourne Football Club.

Scorpions wanted to get in there earlier than planned.
The car park will be getting a concrete surface and extended by next year.
There is also plans for another 2 grandstands to be built, either side of the scoreboard where the temp stands are.
I do agree doesnt cater well for a shit days weather. But the facilities are brilliant
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:09 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
:00 PM Sun 21/May

Casey Fields Casey Scorpions 14.14-98
vs
Williamstown 9.12-66
Casey Scorpions
Goal Kickers: A. Murray 3, A. Fiora 2, D. Pfitzner 2, N. Carmody, B. Heenan, M. McGough, M. Ferguson, D. Biagi, M. Bruin, K. Matthews
Best Players: M. McGough, A. Fiora, D. Rigg, K. Matthews, M. Rix, B. Cosgriff
Williamstown
Best Players: J. Cloke, J. Rowe, B. Johnson, T. Cloke, H. O''Brien, S. Greene

Another week, another BOG For Clokey

Was anybody else at the ground who can give a summary. Funny, I can't trust Eddie's summation - J Cloke BOG? - it just sounds like Eddie's same old song.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: