Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MEMORIES OF THE COLLINGWOOD WARROIRS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 9:07 am
Post subject: MEMORIES OF THE COLLINGWOOD WARROIRSReply with quote

as we head on to summer i want to take you all back to the summer of 1996 when the collingwood warriors were born
it was an exciting time as we were looking forward to having a team in the nsl
the first game against the melb nights was awsome
we won 3-0 and and there was 15,000 for the game
so what happened after that?
we won a few more games and then folded
i was one of the clowns who brought a warroirs shirt
can i get a refund kevin rose?

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 9:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I invested in Magpie racing which failed and I got a refund so good luck with your shirt

Fradam Wrote This
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:33 am

Interesting article Mags.
Seems to me to have been a bad idea from the start, like a few others. If we stick to footy I'd happy. When we are as big as Man.U. we can diversify but we can't get caught up in things that divert resources and brain power at the present time.

Also interesting to note that the VFL wouldn't let soccer games be played on the VFL ground that they didn't own and didn't even want to be a VFL ground. Not much changes.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:48 am

although the c'wood warriors were a flop, I think it would be positive if AFL players obtain some soccer skills, because it was this lack of ability with the round ball that resulted in the thrashing at the hands of ireland in the recent international rules series. unless they change the ball from a round one to an oval one (which is unlikely in the short term), soccer skills would be useful. it was clearly evident in the matches against the irish that the aussies didn't cope too well with the soccer ball, often misjudging the flight of the ball, etc..

I agree soccer is a competing code, and it is very strong at the grassroot junior level. but the AFL should not be too insular regarding other footy codes. the NSL, until recently, was a shambles. crowd attendances were poor, and the league was run by a bunch of inward looking people. it has since been revamped, however it is still in no position to compete on the same scale with the AFL, so it should not be perceived as a dire threat. aussie rules will always be more popular in this country.

I'm not saying start up another c'wood NSL team, but shared skills, or even shared marketing exposure may be beneficial for all parties. c'wood will never be Man Utd because aussie rules does not have the market as soccer does and the AFL operates on equalisation principles. but just as man yoo have shared marketing arrangements with the likes of the New York Yankees, it would not hurt for aussie rules clubs or the AFL to look into similar enterprises.

"consectatio excellentiae"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: