Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Schizinhouzin

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpies36 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 9:55 am
Post subject: SchizinhouzinReply with quote

On the subject of commentators, I want to know where Rex Hunt is. Did he not get a T.V job?. The guy is a legend and makes football bloody exciting (not that it isnt exciting by itself). I love commentators that really get into it as this makes me get into it a lot more as well. Thats why I like Anthony Hudson. I dont really care if he has a big head, small nose etc etc etc. As long as he is exciting and not like the boring dreds like Commeti and some of the others who sound like they should be commentating figure skating or sychronized swimming. On that note, i reckon Bruce is a king too.

Sav is a legend.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex Hunt does a fishing show for Foxtel.As a matter of fact there was a story on him in a dispute between frivate and commercial fisherment only last week.Hi is down the Soth coast of NSW somewhere.
Anyway He is HEAPS better than HUDDO will ever be.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:52 pm

Magpie 36 you have to be joking!! I would REFUSE to listen to Rex on the TV just like I do on the radio. He is an absolute disgrace!! (but I love his fishing show) He has very little insight into the game he is calling and the skills of his co-commentators are what actually keeps them on the air. Rex spends too much time coming up with stupid nicknames for the players and trying to create "classic comments" that people will repeat. Have a real close listen to him and you will understand what I am saying. BTW Hudson the best of those 3 you mentioned, Bruce is just TOO airy fairy. Cometti is painfull too - no wonder I have a headache, he is on the TV commentating now as we speak.
The two most insightful commenators are Lyon and Brereton - they see the game so differently to everyone else and they know whats going on. Lane is excellent too, high quality.

Dillo_09

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 5:20 pm

Rex is actually more suited to TV than radio as you can turn the volume down and still watch the game.
Last season we had our usual match day chat running and Rex was the only broadcast of the game, this made it extremely difficult to relay the position of the ball and who had control. At one stage I just gave up.

-Craig

We Are Collingwood and you're NOT!!

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 4:54 am

LOL I can't wait to hear the Pres. call a Collingwood game
whats the odds on him dropping "YOU FU%&#N MAGGOT!!!!!" in there???

CARRRRRRRRRRRRN THA PIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Collingwood for Ever!

Bones 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 7:53 am

I know Brucie was a pain in the proverbial at times with his bias, but i am missing him already. He at least put a bit of zip into his commentary. Anthony Hudson is a little weed BUT is improving.
Cometti i can handle, Brian Taylor is a bit boring. Tim Lane is ok. AND Brereton is just a plain wanker, he should shutup because he spoils the whole show. Gary Lyon at least knows what he is talking about. AND Sam Newman is a waste of space.
Anyone know where Gerald Healy is? and Robbo?

God i miss Dipper too...

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 8:02 am

i really don't miss robbo. he was always woeful. hudson is pretty young and he'll mature to become a very good caller, i reckon.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:57 am

On the subject:

Rex was apparently offered a job at Ch9 to commentate, he was going to agree but asked for a fishing show on Ch9 aswell. Well Ch9 said no because fishing shows are apparently 'boring'. So Rex told them where to stick it.

And guess what Ch9 did a few weeks after Rex said no...they put a fishing show featuring E.T. (ex rugby player)..on. That would have really pissed him off.

JDF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: