Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Saint Nick a Pie?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:51 am
Post subject: Saint Nick a Pie?Reply with quote

If Butthead is still on the board of the Saints late this year, the mail going around is Ricky Nixon will seek out the Pies and Blues for a transfer. Thomas is so pissed at the saints currently that he feels Nick would be better out of there. He is good friends with Nick and has convinced him to look elsewhere and mentioned the two clubs. Infighting at the saints is always a good thing. Smile Laughing
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Now Culprit.......you know this is going to start a wave of rumours.

I love your work Laughing
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:57 am

It was even mentioned on 3AW last night. Razz
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:02 am

3AW - such a reliable source of rumour and innuendo.
I'd love for nothing more than Dal Santo to come to Collingwood.....however, he;s uncontracted which means a trade, of which we don't have a great deal of tradable commodities.

If that fails, he goes PSD and it's certainly looking like Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton at this point in time would be the first cabs off that rank.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:05 am

Nick Riewoldt, sorry about the confusion I forgot about the other..lol

It's all about removing Butthead. If Butthead goes it won't mean a thing.

I love Steve Bedwell referring to him as Harvey Norman, "No Interest for 12 months"..lol
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:11 am

Sorry Culprit, I didn't know which Nick you referenced.
I would think that if he went anywhere it'd be to the Lions to go back home.

Regardless.....

Steve Bedwell comment last night was the best comment for 2007. Hands down, literally laughed my butt off.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:17 am

I mentioned this months ago and got strung up for it... He has been unhappy at St Kilda alot longer than people think. His development has been stunted there and he must move on.
sq3 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:19 am

Rumours are even stronger up here on the Gold Coast about NR coming back home to the coast and playing for the Lions.

Lions will have the cap space in 2008 and I am tipping the Nick will be back home on the coast in 2008.

Melbourne clubs are a smoke screen and the Lions are working very hard in the background.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:26 am

sq3 wrote:
Rumours are even stronger up here on the Gold Coast about NR coming back home to the coast and playing for the Lions.

Lions will have the cap space in 2008 and I am tipping the Nick will be back home on the coast in 2008.

Melbourne clubs are a smoke screen and the Lions are working very hard in the background.

Could be on the money there, Nick & Thomas are very good friends and where Thomas points that is where Nick will go. Don't under value their friendship in this matter.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:42 am

Just curious if anyone knows, but what is the depth of this years draft like???
The reason why I ask is that I believe that we have recruited very well in the past 3 seasons and I believe that either Dal Santo or Riewoldt would be worth a first round pick easily! Dal Santo is about 24 and Riewoldt 25 so if we are looking at a premiership window of 2008-2012, you would think they would substantially help that and would fit in perfectly!

I know there is a lot of rumour at the moment and most is probably bullcrap but you wonder as to what St Bulnda would accept for either one of those!
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:49 am

collingwood is always used as a smokescreen by clubs/managers with out of contract players

saying that, i wouldn't mind nick too much, but what about the price - some of our guys are surely due for a pay rise next year the way they've been playing

spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:04 am

the ru is on fire wrote:
collingwood is always used as a smokescreen by clubs/managers with out of contract players

saying that, i wouldn't mind nick too much, but what about the price - some of our guys are surely due for a pay rise next year the way they've been playing

I think you will find we have heaps of salary cap room! We have already secured Pendles for 3 years and Daisy and Heath will re-sign this season! You would imagine that at this stage, all three will hardly be commanding $500,000 per season!
Bucks and Burns are on the veterans list and players like Clemo, Rocca, Wakelin, O bree, Lica etc cant be commanding as much anymore due to their ages and regadless probably will not be going anywhere!

Mind you, I would think that if either Riewoldt or Dal Santo move, it will have very little to do with Money!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:13 am

If we're going to trade for any players they need to fit 3 criteria for mine.

1. Young, uninjured and with potential room for improvement still. We don't want to be a retirement homw for hacks in the wrong end of their career.

2. They have to fill a gap we need filled, not just a depth player, and have to be able to fit in with the culture we're building. No Bigheaded individuals who think they're above the team.

3. The Price has to be reasonable. We don't want to destroy the culture we're building by handing over kids who're on the verge of creating their own history.

Reiwoldt fits the first two criteria reasonably well, him and Trav on the HF line would give every other team nightmares. The third would be the challenge.

Cannibal 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:27 am

spoljar wrote:

I think you will find we have heaps of salary cap room! We have already secured Pendles for 3 years and Daisy and Heath will re-sign this season! You would imagine that at this stage, all three will hardly be commanding $500,000 per season!
Bucks and Burns are on the veterans list and players like Clemo, Rocca, Wakelin, O bree, Lica etc cant be commanding as much anymore due to their ages and regadless probably will not be going anywhere!

Mate, whilst Bucks and Burns are indeed on the Veterans' List, Rocca is also classed as a veteran but is on the main list as you can only put 2 blokes maximum on the seperate Veterans' List. We'll be discounting 1/3 of their salary for all three of them for cap purposes.

ps what's with the exclamation mark at the end of each sentence in your posts? Pure curiosity.

spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:29 am

stui magpie wrote:

3. The Price has to be reasonable. We don't want to destroy the culture we're building by handing over kids who're on the verge of creating their own history.

Reiwoldt fits the first two criteria reasonably well, him and Trav on the HF line would give every other team nightmares. The third would be the challenge.

Its funny Stui because I think the penny has dropped for Nick regarding what the St Blunda's culture is all about! St Blunda have been the most pathetic excuse for a club for 110 years with a losing culture with a win loss record only better than Fitzroy and wait for it, University! With one premiership and 26 wooden spoons, I enjoy reminding my father in law what a pathetic club he barracks for!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: