Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

If you don't like "blame the coach threads" don't

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:29 pm
Post subject: If you don't like "blame the coach threads" don'tReply with quote

Now I must say that I have never ever had a crack at Mick Malthouse before but for goodness sakes he has some questions to answer for after tonights debacle. If I was at a press conference I'd ask him these questions.

First Question - Why was Martin Clarke rested? Was Mick thinking about resting him because we were going to play in several finals?? I certainly hope not.

Second Question - Could Alan Didak have played, and was he only out because Mick thought we'd win the game without him?

Third Question - Paul Licuria gets dropped for poor form against Brisbane and can't make the side for the Carlton game even with Shane O'Bree out. He doesn't play a game and yet he comes back in the side with Shane O'Bree?

Fourth Question- Why the hell was Alan Toovey playing? He hasn't done anything since averaging 4 touches in his last 3 games playing for Collingwood but yet he comes in?

Fifth Question - What can be done about our poor kicking for goal, as it is KILLING us?

Sixth Question - Were the planets and stars not alligned again this week?
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yes im not mm, but:

first question - i got no bloody clue myself. other youngsters clearly need the rest more, such as goldsack. however maybe he thought clarke's position could be filled easier

second question - last week everyone was calling for didak to be dropped as he has not shown any form lately. i wonder if he'll play for willy this week, he needs to find his form back

third question - rememebr mm's famous quote "as long as he is still breathing licca will always get a spot in my team". hate to say it but i think mick clearly plays favourites

4th question - again, i think he's playing favourites.

5th - the poor kicking for goal is not something that can be fixed over night, even may take a whole season to get right. who knows maybe the players will never be able to kick lol

6th - nice question lol
HieroHero 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:40 pm

1. If we are being smashes in the midfield why won't you put Heath Shaw, Rhyce Shaw, Dale Thomas, & Leon Davis in there?

2. Toovey has struggled at Williamstown, what has he done to deserve a recall?
Clement 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:42 pm

Why did we have a cardboard cut out named Josh Fraser, first pick in the draft out there? He couldn't even beat a second game player.
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:48 pm

HieroHero wrote:
1. If we are being smashes in the midfield why won't you put Heath Shaw, Rhyce Shaw, Dale Thomas, & Leon Davis in there?

2. Toovey has struggled at Williamstown, what has he done to deserve a recall?

Exactly Right on both counts, Midfield was a joke today and the Shaws were just sitting at Half back watching it unfold, get them in the middle!

Toovey is f&%king hopeless, I said I wouldn't go to another game when he was in the side after the Melbourne game because he is so useless, So I didn't go tonight and I was proved correct
virgomag 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:00 am

Don't know what's wrong with him but there was report on 3AW today that Josh might be a last minute out !?

Malthouse always has and always will play favourites.

Ditto on Toovey, why weren't Stanley or Nicholls considered ??

As for goal kickers.................. let's hope Ruz does well for Willy this weekend. His first week back he bagged 5, fingers crossed !!
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:06 am

He certainly does play favourites that was proved by his WC old boys Williams and Morrison, they weren't worth a sack of shit but he kept playing them, lets hope he's learned his lesson and gives Toovey the arse
Ah Tibor 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:09 am

...and here come the pretzels!
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:27 am

Agree with just about all you wrote, Heater, makes perfect sense to make.

I mean, come on, Marty Clarke! A bloke I spoke to said he heard he has an injury (allegedly mentioned in his stint on Before the Game), but I've heard nothing.

We must not flirt with our form!

Second question - Dids - I bloody hope not, and doubt it. We missed his ingenuity.

Agreed with the Licuria point, sadly (watched the 2002 Qualifying Final on Monday, he really is/was a hero), the game is passing by.

Toovey booted three last time we met, MM has a habit of bringing players back against their bunnys (McGough - Essendon, Neon Leon - Port Adelaide).

And the last question? I can't think of once when the bounce of the ball, the rub of the green, went our way.

Quote:
Midfield was a joke today and the Shaws were just sitting at Half back watching it unfold, get them in the middle!

Tick that box.
virgomag 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:34 am

Another tick for the Shaw box !!

They have pace, great vision, Heater imparticular lays a good tackle and Rhyce has great evasive skills. They have both got huge tanks, let them run amok in the middle and you can rotate Medders through there too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: