Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Lexu$ Centre, has it enriched the club?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Weren't there issues with the heritage listing of the site that didnt enable the club to really dress it up?

Give me Vic park anyday I refuse to go to Lexus centre now.

Collingwoods home will never be Lexus Centre. It may be the jewel in the crown blah blah blah...But at the end of the day Vic Park is Magpieland and will forever be.

Clement 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:55 pm

The Lexus Centre doesn't have heart.

The Cafe and meals are a joke.

A mate of mine came up from the country expecting to see the Taj Mahal and thought it was a souless hovel.

Frankly the supporters deserve better.

Maybe if we win a premiership and the players are presented there afterwards it will be something more memorable.

But at the moment, the biggest concern from a supporter base for the committee is not the Ponsorfd stand, it is getting the Luexus Centre up to scratch for Collingwood fans.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:02 pm

great facilities for the players but not so sure about the supporters. other than the statue of bobby rose it doesn't overly inspire. little bit ironic that someone who did it hard, bled for collingwood and excelled sits out front of something so unengaging.

vic park is the spiritual home though weren't there issues with the council about who owned the land - based on a little clause inserted way back when the reserve was gifted to the collingwood people. it'll be in that book by glenn mcfarlane and michael roberts.

happy to be corrected.

virgomag 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:11 pm

The biggest problem with the Lexus is the capacity, only 500 (I think!?).

What about the other thirty something thousand members let alone the ten's of thousands of supporters without a membership, where do they go?

I don't mind the Lexus Centre but for example Anzac day I wont even bother trying to go back for a drink and chat after the game cause you can't get in unless you leave half way through the last quarter.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:15 pm

I like the Lexus centre and its much better for the players

The cafe though has gone downhill, used to get a really good meal there when it first opened but now the food is good but the range isnt that great
magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:16 pm

One of thhe problems after the game is the noise.Once it starts getting half full,you nearly have to scream at people to have a conversation.I think I nearly deafed the poor lady I was speaking to afterwards yesturday the noise level was so bad and it wasn't even 3/4 full at that stage.

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:34 pm

Lexus Centre is for the players and was DESPERATELY needed. From a supporters perspective (and where we would go if we win a GF), we need to wait till the new training ground and associated facilities is built before we can judge.
magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:35 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
Lexus Centre is for the players and was DESPERATELY needed. From a supporters perspective (and where we would go if we win a GF), we need to wait till the new training ground and associated facilities is built before we can judge.

What new training ground?

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
Piepark 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:38 pm

The one area the club has let supporters down since Eddie came to power has been the Lexus Centre I believe. I don't disagree it great for both players and administration. The reality is for supporters it offers nothing. The bar and cafe are over priced, offer no variety and comfort for a meal and quite frankly the location is a joke as far as parking goes.

You cannot swap somewhere like Windy Hill for the Lexus Centre. I was in the Collingwood club store yesterday and couldn't move to buy something! The amount of people already in line to pay for goods had me waiting 20 minutes!

Then there is the training oval and no grandstand / sitting area. For a club that boasts so many worthwhile positives both on and off the field, our failure to deliver anything remotely like Windy Hill as far as supporter venues operate is quite frankly disgraceful.

I wait in hope.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:45 pm

If we continue to build on field and win a flag or two I wouldn't care if the Lexus Centre was a tree house
virgomag 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:51 pm

Can't complain too much about the prices at the Lexus, $2.80 for a beer against $5.20 at the MCG and the couple of times I've eaten there I couldn't complain about the quality of food or service.

But................. I am concerned at the lack of space for the number of supporters, it'll just break people up into their own little sections at whatever venues/pubs/cafe's etc. around the city.

We should be united and not divided, regardless of what sort of membership you may or may not have.
magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:00 pm

Bar prices are good,and thats bout all its got going for it as far as i can see unfortunitly.

virgomag 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:19 pm

The other downfall is parking next door $10.00 or if you're looking for a free spot it's too far with little kids.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:21 pm

virgomag wrote:
Can't complain too much about the prices at the Lexus, $2.80 for a beer against $5.20 at the MCG and the couple of times I've eaten there I couldn't complain about the quality of food or service.

But................. I am concerned at the lack of space for the number of supporters, it'll just break people up into their own little sections at whatever venues/pubs/cafe's etc. around the city.

We should be united and not divided, regardless of what sort of membership you may or may not have.

How many people could Vic Park cater for after a game in the bar/social club etc?

virgomag 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:24 pm

NFI to be honest. But I thought the move was supposed to be the better for all concerned ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: