Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our Grand Final

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clement 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:53 pm
Post subject: Our Grand FinalReply with quote

Our Grand Final

Every team in the competition calls the game against Collingwood, their Grand Final and gets up for the game and plays at about 120% of their capacity. Their fans who are usually bland and understated for every other game of the year, then they go wild when they play Collingwood.

Well , here, right now, I want to say this Friday night against Melbourne has to be our Grand final for the season for both the team and fans. Forget that there are any games left, lets draw a line in the sand and play for the day against a traditional rival that we used to love to beat. The Blue blood "Toffs" to our working class "Hard Noses".

There is no reason we shouldn't be able to get 100,000 fans through the MCG door for our biggest game of the season:-

- No Bucks. So we will not get the momentum.

- Josh Fraser might be out.

- We lost to Richmond last round; a team who has only won one game for the last twelve months and that should really sting everyone at the Club down to the boot studder. It's personal.

- We have been badly beaten by Melbourne the last two times we have playedthem and many people are saying they have our number on the playing field.
It's personal.

- Mick Malthouse's old man passed away during the week so out of respect we should be fired up. It's personal.

- After the last Melbourne game was when Alan Didak got into all the trouble so that has tarnished our brand and our players when it wasn't really his fault. It's personal.

- Anthony Rocca played the worst game of his career on the Queens Birthday corresponding fixture and as we have said, his form is the litmus test for the whole of the playing unit. He needs as much of our support as possible. It's personal.

- Our entire season which has almost been flushed down the toilet is on the line. It's personal.

- The newspaper guys like Gary Lyon and Jake Nial are starting to feel sorry for us and write nice things about it. I hate that. I want them to write how it is not fair and we have a favourable draw blah blah blah again. It's personal.

- Robert De Niro may be there.

It is time to show the football world that Collingwood fans aren't avant guard Latte sipping corporate types, that there is still fire in the belly and a sting in the tail.

It is time to show the football world that the Collingwood football team is as strong and united and focused as it was at the start of the season.

I want to see those Range Rovers drive off from the MCG car park just after three quarter time.

Please, please join us and scream yourself horse.

We have to play it like it as hard as if it is Grand Final.

It's personal.

Go Pies.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Best Post Yet
Clement 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:57 pm

Cheers Dave man, I really appreciate your encouragement, you are an awesome awesome Pies supporter and a friend too.
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:05 pm

Wow that was so good I'm feeling a stirring in my loins
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:16 pm

Awesome to see a positive post Clement...Lets smash those snow skiing, land rover driving, imported beer swilling, caviar eating, toffy nosed bastards!!!

Cheers

Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:31 pm

Rocca, Medhurst, Lonie, Bryan (if he plays) owe us big time for this Melbourne game.

I'm being harsh on Rocca I guess, but he did stuff all against them last time. The WHOLE TEAM need to come out and remind that Blue and Red filth why they are down the end of the ladder they are.

I hope Lonie kicks a few heartbreaking long bombs, I hope Bryan stands up and does something, I hope Medhurst can actually take a frickin mark, and I hope Rocca kicks 6 and breathes some bloody life back into the dead and buried Magpies.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:52 pm

Great post there Clement. You've convinced me we'll smash the Toorak toffs (no disrespect to Eddie intended).
magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:56 pm

Great post Clement,glad to see some positivity in your posts!

Lets show the dream on's who kings of the 'G are...

GO PIES!

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:01 pm

They are actually getting the memorial model of the Range Rover ready for Friday night... I found this on the Range Rover website, they are calling it the ''GAME OVER''.

Only available with a black and white leather interior and 1 track cd player, playing...YOU GUESSED IT! The Magpie's theme song!

GAMEOVER.jpg

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:27 pm

Well done Clement!
collingwoodjoe 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:27 pm

Add to that the fact that we have not beaten them since 2003, the last time we made the grand final.
Waynej3 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:14 pm

Yobbo^LuKa wrote:
Rocca, Medhurst, Lonie, Bryan (if he plays) owe us big time for this Melbourne game.

Lonie didn't play last time we played melbourne, unless you're talking about last year, which I'm not sure of...Dunno if he'd get a game this week anyway
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:16 pm

Waynej3 wrote:
Yobbo^LuKa wrote:

Lonie didn't play last time we played melbourne, unless you're talking about last year, which I'm not sure of...Dunno if he'd get a game this week anyway

Lonie in general owes us something mate. He played a good quarter in his first game back... how hard is it to go out and play footy and not walk around and lay 1 armed tackles? lol

Clement 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:17 am

Lonie version 2002 would light up the MCG.

But he is an example of how the boys have fallen away in one of the most important stats possible.

Tackling.

We have been way down on tackling in the last few weeks and this translates to a lower intensity.

teams know they can BULLY us and own us.

That is even sadder than skill errors ect. Because we look "soft".

The worst thing about the black and white jumper in the last few weeks has been, we look like we are boys playing men.

The boys key performance criteria for Friday night should be to lay 10 tackles each.

Eddie should give bonuses for who gets the most tackles.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:18 am

Lonie has not fallen away in his tackling. That was never his forte.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: