Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

O'Bree should replace who?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:21 pm
Post subject: O'Bree should replace who?Reply with quote

It's a good feeling when you can't realy think of anymore who should be ommited. I guess Scotland did more than Didak on Thursday but Didak did play very well against the Dorks.
I say O'Bree in for Scotland if O'Bree is fit.
Who agrees?

GO MIGHTY MAGPIES. COMMON ENGLAND WE CAN WIN WC 2002! R.I.P GEORGE HARRISON and JOHN LENNON
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

A question i would ask before replacing anyone for O'bree is this. How much match time has he had?? does anyone know if O'bree did play for willo last week? It justs seems to me to be an unsound idea to move capable and fit players aside to make way for another player who may not be 100%.

We all want to see O'bree back. Myself I would like to see him come back fit and match ready instead of his fitness and match practice being an unknown element. And risking more injury just for the sake of seeing him play.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:20 am

O'Bree definitely played for Williamstown.
He's fit and raring to go.
As for who will he replace? Beats me.
Have to wait and see.

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:16 am

bwphantom, take a look at the Training / VFL forum and you will see that O'Bree did play for Williamstown, and although he was on the ground for 2 and a bit quarters, MM told Gotchy to drag him as MM had seen enough. Maybe that is an indication that MM wants O'Bree in the team to play Sin Kilta, but only time will tell.

I would suggest that Didak will get the axe for O'Bree, but we alaso have Benny johnson to consider as he also played a blinder for Williamstown.

However, common sense should prevail and have O'Bree play a FULL game for Williamstown, then see how he pulls up, then consider him for senior selection.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:44 am

as dale has said obree definately played for willy - had a blinder but only played 3 quarters(rested 1st Q, taken off 20min 4th Q). good position to be in with all players spots up for grabs....personally i think obree for scotland, altho he could feel hard done by if he gets axed. think he has really come on this year(he had to tho, career at collingwood at the crossroads this year i think). if we get tarrant, molloy and richo all back the following week against the bullies, then who do we drop?! poor old stunner mckee might get chopped despite being great for us. its harsh but thats footy and its a good position for the pies to be in. i think brodie holland could be in a bit of strife if he doesnt get hold of it this week. cant go four games without firing if youre a forward pocket/half forward. scotland, adkins and johnson are all pushing hard to get a game.

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:37 am

Well now that I know the facts(thanx guys). It seems that O'Bree will be a starter this week. I would tend to replace Didak or Scoots for O'Bree. A damn shame and whoever it is will be unlucky as i believe both have contributed well. With the hit outs Mckee has been getting and the fact that he is filling Richo's hole will be the reason why he will stay. As i have said about Johnson, he is the best i have seen at finding the ball in space but his delivery is atrocious and unless he does something about it he may see himself in other colours next year or he will become a willo champ.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:27 pm

quote:
Well now that I know the facts(thanx guys). It seems that O'Bree will be a starter this week. I would tend to replace Didak or Scoots for O'Bree. A damn shame and whoever it is will be unlucky as i believe both have contributed well. With the hit outs Mckee has been getting and the fact that he is filling Richo's hole will be the reason why he will stay. As i have said about Johnson, he is the best i have seen at finding the ball in space but his delivery is atrocious and unless he does something about it he may see himself in other colours next year or he will become a willo champ.

Well said about Johnson. I don't think he should be in before Adkins unless hes's still having injury and or form problems. And no way in hell should he replace Didak or Scotland.
Boy it's going to be a hard to disapoint players. And when McGough and Cloke have some along in leeps and bounds, it makes it even harder.
But it's a GREAT thing to have so many players slaming on the door

GO MIGHTY MAGPIES. COMMON ENGLAND WE CAN WIN WC 2002! R.I.P GEORGE HARRISON and JOHN LENNON
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:36 pm

I don't know if it is just me or what, but i really enjoy this type of argument.....kinda indictes we have DEPTH!!!

GO THE PIES!!!

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
I@n S 

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 4:37 pm

Wouldn't call it a argument. More a discussion with different opinions. But yes it's good all the same. Depth is something we've lacked for a long time.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 6:46 am

Adkins and O'Bree for Scottland and Didak.
We are getting close to full strength.
Anyone know when Molloy is going to get back?
Can we fit Richo. in? Maybe for Presti?
Someone has to make way for Tarrant in round 7 also.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 7:58 am

Molloy is going to be back for Round 7 game agaist the Bulldogs according to FOX FOOTY NEWS. I assume he's still to pass the fitness test for his hamstring. As for Tarrant it's going to be hard to drop player(s) yet again, unless they play badly against Saint Kilda.

Dale61 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 8:12 am

It has been suggested that Molloy is in fact fit and raring to go, but will be having a run for Williamstown this week against Springvale.

It would seem strange for a player to have missed so much game time with a 'hammie' to be rushed back into the seniors. I would have thought that a full game in the two's would be required to not only prove their fitness, but to also get some form of match fitness back.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 10:29 am

Agree about playing Molloy in the Williamstown side. He is good but he can't be fit. It's also a good message to say if you play well you stay in the team and if you are out you have to earn your place back. That is always a lot easier when you are winning though.

[This message has been edited by MarkT (edited 01 May 2002).]
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 10:31 am

Its only StKilda let Obree have aother run in the reserves. No need to rush him back. Let Obree take his time and have him firing in the second half of the season. The same goes for D9 let the Big fella rest up and have him raring to go towards the middle of the season.

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
I am control, no way you can change me
I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun
I am the game, and I make the rules
So move on out, and you can die like a fool
Play the game, you're gonna be the same
You're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames
Hahahahaha
Time to play the game!
Dale61 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 1:20 pm

I hope the 22 selected don't go in with the 'It's only St Kilda' attitude. That is one sure way of getting beaten. If this happens then there are plenty of players in the Williamstown side that would gladly swap colours and don the Black and White.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: