Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley's Chances for the Brownlow! (I Like them now)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 5:19 am
Post subject: Buckley's Chances for the Brownlow! (I Like them now)Reply with quote

I am starting to like Buckley;s chances of winning the brownlow medal now because that blonde hero from Brisbane was suspended last night and there is no other big favorites really now, and considering that Mcleod was suspended last week well I think now Bux is the iggest chance!

When I watch the Vs Essendon replay on Video, whoever was commentating said the most ludicris thing I have ever heard

- '' Well now Mcleod has been suspended Peverill has moved to the favorite for the Brownlow'' Then 5 minutes the later the funniest thing happened!! PEVERILL COPPED A BROKEN HAND! LOL

The Commentator literally had to eat he's words!!!!!!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

Bones 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 6:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i remember that...And having a quiet little snigger...

If Bucks can play almost every game this year he will walk it in...

But i only have him on 3 or 4 votes so far...

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 6:37 am

He won't win it while he chats to the umpires. His form hasn't been good enough to date in any case. Forget the brownlow - Sheedy was right. I'll be happy to see Buckley lead us into the finals and take the AFLPA MVP. If you want a brownlow tip, put some of your hard earned on Voss. Akamanis will find it a little more dificult to take votes from Voss when the umpires know he is inelegable.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 6:54 am

I can't believe that Voss walked after punching that guy in the guts. I'd say put your money on Voss. It's obviously rigged if he can get off something as thuggish as that.

As for Buckley ... who wants to win the Brown-Nose Medal anyway? The highest individual award in football is the Copeland ... and Buckley's got enough of them to sink a battleship.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 3:25 pm

hey alf, long time no see
i agree totally with everything you have said..**** the brownlow, win the copeland!

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 6:39 pm

i actually thought for once the tribunal and/or the scumps got it right for not citing voss. he didnt actually punch him. contact was made with his shoulder. the speed at which he did it and judd's logie nomination afterwards made it look worse. slow the vision down and they got it right. definately not striking.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 9:20 am

So, Ramjet, are you saying that the Voss incident was just play-acting?

If so, it raises an interesting point.

In the 1996 S.A.N.F.L. Preliminary Final between Port Adelaide and Norwood there was an incident involving Darryl Poole of Port and Stephen Rowe of Norwood. It happened behind the play. The two players were basically just shit-stirring each other, and Poole made a gesture of lightly touching Rowe's chin with his fist. Rowe moved his head slightly backwards to exaggerate the impact ... just hamming it up for the crowd. The two players had a good laugh about it and no one was too worried ... until Poole got cited on video evidence for striking Rowe. The result was a one-week suspension, despite Rowe admitting that they were just messing around. Poole was forced to miss the Grand Final, which Port won.

Should play-acting be reportable?

If so, Voss should have got done ... and his "victim" should have gone too, as an accomplice.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:53 am

Alf, I think you've gone off on a tangent there. If what you say is true re the SA incident then an injustice ocurred and that is no basis for carrying the analogy.

The only question is was there contact of a reportable nature. Initially when I saw it I said he was gone. I was surprised he wasn't cited. When I saw it on Talking Footy (or ignoring anything good about Collingwood because they are run by the opposition, as it should be named) I could see there was no real contact and it was a harmless incident (by a player who I respect).

Voss is a gun and IMO he is fair player. If he oversteps the line he should pay the price. I don't think he did.

Now Lloyd is another issue. VERY lucky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: