Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rating Our Off-Season Moves

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:46 pm
Post subject: Rating Our Off-Season MovesReply with quote

Trade - Gained: Wood - Lost:Davies

I thought we had a Fantasia Trade Week. We Gained Wood who is 1 of if Not one of the best Ruckman in the league at the moment for Pick 14. Plus Remember Lions did not want to Trade Wood Very Happy .

Pick 14 Became Jack Grimes.

We Gave Davies Away For Nothing so Nothing to Talk About There

Grade:A

Delisted - Guy Richards

I am Very Happy with this because Guy Did Try but he is Not AFL Material

Grade - A+

Draft - McCarthy Thoolen Barham

I thought the Draft was Good but Not Great. McCarthy is a Player We Need a Tough Nut Mid.

Thoolen was Pick was interesting we Already had Big Backman in Brown and Anthony but Seeing Thoolen Video seem Like a Player who has Great Skill under his Knees and Plus he can still might get 200cm and Still could become a Ruckman.

Barham was a Father Son and He was another Player we need, Someone with great speed and Something We Miss in the team.

The only Down to the draft I thought that we did not get a Ruckman, I thought we would of gotten Dawson Simpson

Grade-B

Rookie Draft - Luke Casey-Leigh

I thought this was the Wrong Move here getting another Backman when we should of Gotten a Ruckman or evan a Inside Mid. I just hope he becomes a Good Player.

Grade-C

Overall

I thought we Did Pretty Dam Good Job. We Got a Really Good Young Ruckman and Got Rid of a Player that Is not up to Grade.

National Draft was Pretty Good

Rookie Draft was Questionable

Overall Grade - B

Your Thoughts?

RockabyDaisy 

RockabyDaisy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We needed a Ruckman and we got one.

So there is no doubt that the recruiting staff will be stoked to have not just got any ruckman, but one whose had 3 years development under some pretty fine names at a decent club.

As for the new kids only time will tell.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:22 pm

I thought we did well although I'm a little confused at Thoolen and casey-Leigh as I see them as similar type of players. I really would have liked to have gotten another ruckman as a late draft or rookie, but I trust Hine.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:50 pm

From what i can make out Thoolen is capable of playing ruck at his height as he is pretty mobile.

Now with 2 out and out rucks in Fraser and Wood, hopefully having only 3 genuine rucks on the list will hold up. It did not work in 07 as Guy and Bryan were equally bad, and Fraser was suffering injury. This year, Bryan should only have to be called up if Wood or Fraser is injured.

You'd hope Wood and Fraser can play atleast 18 games together this year and begin to form a solid partnership. I think it hurt this year changing the combination every week. Made it hard for the ruckman to form an alliance, and equally hard for the midfielders to read our own ruckman

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I thought we did well although I'm a little confused at Thoolen and casey-Leigh as I see them as similar type of players. I really would have liked to have gotten another ruckman as a late draft or rookie, but I trust Hine.

if we're looking at 3-5 years down the track no reason why we wouldn't want insurance. but as mentioned, thoolen is considered a rucking option over time.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:25 pm

Thoolen, Casey-Leigh and Reid are all tall, agile, quick utilities. Capable of playing KPP or pinch hitting in the ruck or even potentially playing wing/flank with their speed and agility. Not sure where Hines is going but, as I said, I trust him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: