Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tyson Lane

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:45 am
Post subject: Tyson LaneReply with quote

Does anyone know the 'official' word regarding Tyson Lane? I read not so long ago that he wanted to retire, but after speaking to the Collingwood hierarchy, decided to rethink his decision. He has not yet played for Williamstown, but he is still on Collingwood's player list.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

he 'retired,' then the club asked him to reconsider and lane himself said he may have made the decision too quickly. about a week later he told the club that he had thought it all thru but was happy with his decision to retire. there was talk he may suit up for willy but as you said, he is yet to do so and we can only assume he is not interested in playing any foory at all for a while. so thats the story - unless he's changed his mind again in the meantime. and he's only 26.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:59 am

*footy

Rosewall Woman 3 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 3:38 am

Shhh, leave him alone, don't bring him back. He was useless, only in for himself. I remeber when he played for the Doggies and layed out Paul Williams in the first 3 minutes of a friday night game at MCG a couple of years ago. If he has forgotten us, good, don't remind him we exist!!

Dead End Lane don't come back.

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 4:19 am

OK, information points to him retiring, so what now with the senior list? What are Collingwood's options now that we are one short of the required number?

Do we elevate a rookie to the senior list, leaving the rookie list one short, then promoting one of Williamstowns young 'uns to fill the gap, or do we seek permission from the AFL to fill the position with an experienced player, leaving the rookie list as is?

Adrian Fletcher certainly would look good in the black and white stripes, but promoting a rookie could be more be more beneficial in the long run.

What do you think people?

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."

[This message has been edited by Dale61 (edited 07 May 2002).]
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 9:49 am

cant admit to knowing how it actually works to be truthful. regardless of the technicalities, it would be hard choice between fletch and a rookie. fletch would probably(barring exceptional form) be retained on the list for the remainder of the year only, whereas a rookie would obviously get another chance in seasons to come. for this reason, if its possible, promote fletch to the seniors list and a willo boy to the rookies. is there anyone in the rookies ready to be put on the seniors list? i seem to remember hearing at the time of lane's retirement that it meant we would simply be one short for the year but i dont know how true that is. either way, it would have been nice for tyson to have made his decision BEFORE the pre season draft, not 3 weeks after it.

Rinnovator Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:18 pm

Definetly promote Fletch (if its possible)

He would look so good in the black n white stripes. This seasons just getting better n better!

Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 11:55 pm

Not possible to draft fletcher, or anyone for that matter (Carey?)
We can promote from the rookie list, thats why there is a rookie draft. I thought Pods had got the call-up but I never saw any confirmation of that.

-Craig

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 9:49 am

i heard similar things but Pods is listed on collingwoddfc.com.au as on the rookie list, although im never sure how up to date that site is. tyson lane is not listed as still being on the senior list however, suggesting it has been at least revised once this season.

Magpie Mark 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 10:44 am

I heard both the Andrew Hills were elevated to the senior list just before the start of this year? Am I wildly wrong here???

Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 11:43 am

Yes, both Hills were promoted. But that was before Tyson pulled the plug.
As far as I know we still have one available slot. That is if we can fit someone under the salary cap.

-Craig

Mick 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:46 am

There's no way we should promote Fletcher. Malty has made the right decision as our younger on-ballers will learn enormously from him on how to get the footy and farm it out. He is a ball magnet but if you watched the Willy v Springvale game he also looks overwieght and slow. Doesn't stop him getting 20-30 touches in the VFL but wouldn't add to much to the seniors.

Murray 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 3:45 am

Hey Mick, see if you can understand this. You CANNOT promote ANYONE who is NOT ON your list. Could you show me where it says Fletcher is on our list, because although I have tried really hard to find his name I can't seem to. Do you get it yet????

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 3:56 am

Settle Murray.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:26 am

I second that Mike.

JDF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: