Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick Maxwell ain't worthy of the number 5!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doska#6 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:04 pm
Post subject: Nick Maxwell ain't worthy of the number 5!!!Reply with quote

The greatest player and captain to ever play for our football club, Nathan Buckley! Carried us through the dark years he was the reason we all rocked up to those games where we got slaughtered in the late 90's. A true warrior and a champion.

Instead of honoring the great number 5 and the great man. We give his number to Nick Maxwell? His number should have been retired or given to Heath Shaw. If anyone should have got Buckleys number it should have been Shaw. His a future captain of this club. Who plays his heart out consistently week in week out even when we get smashed like we did on the weekend.

Nick Maxwell skill level is average just like most of the players on our list, he tries to back that up by being a hard man but he goes the man instead of the ball most times. a.k.a Carlton game. He ball watches in defense and is an average player at best. His by no means the worst player on our list he does have a heart and balls, I'll give him that. But no way no should he should be wearing that number on his back.

I don't know about you, I'm sick of hearing about how much money we are making and how we pull the crowds and how much technology we got in the Lexus Center. Fact is we have won 2 premierships in 50 years and we are not going to win won any time soon. That is reality some of you on here that accept mediocrity can hammer me as much as you want but it is the simple truth.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan Buckley himself chose Nick Maxwell to be the recipient of the Number 5. If you have an issue with it, take it up with Bucks.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:16 pm
Post subject: Re: Nick Maxwell ain't worthy of the number 5!!!Reply with quote

Doska#6 wrote:
I don't know about you, I'm sick of hearing about how much money we are making and how we pull the crowds and how much technology we got in the Lexus Center. Fact is we have won 2 premierships in 50 years and we are not going to win won any time soon. That is reality some of you on here that accept mediocrity can hammer me as much as you want but it is the simple truth.

That's what this post is really about isn't it? I'm not saying it's not a legitimate gripe, but it's got nothing to do with Nathan Buckley (not the club - get your facts straight) choosing Nick Maxwell to wear his number.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:23 pm

Get over it. It's only a number.
dids_04 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:36 pm

Doska#6 wrote:

Well said. No wonder other clubs laugh at us. It's one thing to be a strong and powerful club finacially and have the Lexus Centre. It's another to then basically waste it all on an average list, year after year.

Given what we have, we lack star power incredibly all over the park. I liken it to having C grade actors in Hollywood. The Lexus Centre being Hollywood. I'm quite sick of it also, especialy when you fork out your hard earned year after year......

We have 3 players with any class and star power - Didak, Pendlebury, H.Shaw. That's just not good enough, in fact its pathetic.

Who cares about crowd numbers, facilities, money making etc etc. I want to see wins and premierships. Anyone who does not care for that shouldn't be following football, period. It's like telling a Manchester United fan its OK if we DON'T win a trophy this season or next......

BTW I agree, they should have at least retired Bucks' number for a year, then given it to H.Shaw or Pendlebury.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:42 pm

dids_04 wrote:
BTW I agree, they should have at least retired Bucks' number for a year, then given it to H.Shaw or Pendlebury.

There's a million and one other threads already to post about how crappy you think the club's outlook is. But it really annoys me that the excuse for this one is to attack one of our players based on a completely false premise.

dids_04 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:00 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
dids_04 wrote:

There's a million and one other threads already to post about how crappy you think the club's outlook is. But it really annoys me that the excuse for this one is to attack one of our players based on a completely false premise.

I'm not attacking Maxwell, in fact I rate him as a defender. Just think more thought could have gone into Bucks' old number.

and yes, I realise it was the wrong thread to have a rant about the club but it does seem to me more and more fans are simply content to see mediocrity and not see the club be the power ON field they could be.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:05 pm

I"ll plead not guilty to the last charge, but the point is not that "more thought could have gone into Bucks' old number". Nathan Buckley CHOSE Nick Maxwell to wear his number. As Proud Pies said above, maybe you should take it up with him?

Or maybe Doska could come back to his thread, edit the Nick Maxwell stuff, and retitle the thread - about how the club is going down the drain or sumfin'... Rolling Eyes

dids_04 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:32 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
I"ll plead not guilty to the last charge, but the point is not that "more thought could have gone into Bucks' old number". Nathan Buckley CHOSE Nick Maxwell to wear his number. As Proud Pies said above, maybe you should take it up with him?

Or maybe Doska could come back to his thread, edit the Nick Maxwell stuff, and retitle the thread - about how the club is going down the drain or sumfin'... Rolling Eyes

fair enough Bucks chose him, I accept that.

Edit the thread all you want, mock people when they speak honestly but me, personaly, I think alot of fans are turning a blind eye to the truth and are content anyhow because we support 'Collingwood', the greatest club in the land.....

On field, that's so far from the case its not funny. Nor are we making inroads. Deal with the issue head on, its ok to criticise the club. Rolling Eyes
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:44 pm

Doska#6 wrote:
The greatest player

Bob Rose

Doska#6 wrote:
...and greatest captain

Syd Coventry

Doska#6 wrote:
We give his number to Nick Maxwell?

We gave nothing and it was not ours to give anyway.

As PP said. Nathan handed the number to Nick. Nick was very humble in being asked to wear it this year.

This sort of spineless rubbish does not belong in public, let alone on an internet forum.

If it bothers you that much take it up with the people concerned, Nathan and Nick.

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:22 am

dids_04 wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:

fair enough Bucks chose him, I accept that.

Edit the thread all you want, mock people when they speak honestly but me, personaly, I think alot of fans are turning a blind eye to the truth and are content anyhow because we support 'Collingwood', the greatest club in the land.....

On field, that's so far from the case its not funny. Nor are we making inroads. Deal with the issue head on, its ok to criticise the club. Rolling Eyes

dids_04, you joined the BB a couple of weeks ago, so welcome, but you can rest assured that yours is far from a voice in the wilderness. There are plenty of others on Nick's who share your views, there are already lots of threads bagging out the club and its direction - fine. Bag away. I'll give my own opinions of where we're at later. (I'd love to know what sort of a state you thought the club was in after last year's finals series.)

But at least (and this is really directed more at the person who started the thread) do it honestly. Nick Maxwell isn't above criticism either, but it's ridiculous to use the fact that he's wearing the number 5 as some kind of symbol of all that's gone wrong in the first seven rounds this year.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:17 am

On the thread quality scale, this one rates about 2.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:35 am

dids_04 wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
dids_04 wrote:

I'm not attacking Maxwell, in fact I rate him as a defender. Just think more thought could have gone into Bucks' old number.

and yes, I realise it was the wrong thread to have a rant about the club but it does seem to me more and more fans are simply content to see mediocrity and not see the club be the power ON field they could be.

I think you're wrong on one of your points dids_04. The reason that this weeks posts are all about whats going wrong at CFC suggests to me that the supporters are NOT content to accept mediocrity and it is quite clear to me that the administration at the club can't or won't accept the fact we ARE mediocre.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:48 am

Tannin wrote:
On the thread quality scale, this one rates about 2.

You would go that high would you?

If we compared this thread to an earthquake, Id say its a silent fart! Embarassed

nulla 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:52 am

Quote:
Instead of honoring the great number 5 and the great man. We give his number to Nick Maxwell? His number should have been retired or given to Heath Shaw.

Thats your opinion Doska... though I much prefer Bucks opinion of who he thought deserved it.

There were calls for Maxwell to be captain in some threads during the off season.. now a few games in and the knives continue to come out to find reason for the state we are in.

Give the guy time to prove his worthiness to wear that number.

Though I am not the the greatest optimist, one only has to look at the Geelong side this time last year and the knives then were out for Bomber Thompson

There are quite a few famous numbers being worn by out of form players at the moment , but changing their numbers is not going to improve their form.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: