Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Compare the seasons

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:57 am
Post subject: Compare the seasonsReply with quote

If you want to compare last season with this season

2007 W L W L W W W
2008 W L W L L W L

looks worse than i thought.

it's an interesting site:

http://afl.allthestats.com/teams/teamseas.php?t1=4&yrfm=2007

Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:19 am
Post subject: Re: Compare the seasonsReply with quote

Proud Pies wrote:

looks worse than i thought.

not really. as i said before, last year we went pretty much WLWLWL, with a few consecutive wins in between. But we were very lucky not to also have consecutive losses. remember the saint kilda game for example?? or the kangaroos round 1 game.

so this year, we're pretty much showing the same form, some bad losses, some big wins, some small/unlucky losses. its just not falling in the same consecutive order.

at the end of the season, its the number of wins we have so it doesnt matter how we get there. i am confident we can turn it around

anyways, if you're comparing seasons, so far i'd say we're not better than last year, but we're not worse either (not counting our finals performance - only home and away). thats not good news though, we're supposed to be improving.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

You are dreaming
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:37 am

I will tell my you said I am dreaming.
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:36 pm

We are far worse this year I reakon
mirandarin 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:09 pm

The thing is, we didnt get thrashed very often (brisbane excluded) last year. This year, we've been beaten badly more often.
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:53 pm

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW is all I wanna see thanks.
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:48 pm

mirandarin wrote:
The thing is, we didnt get thrashed very often (brisbane excluded) last year. This year, we've been beaten badly more often.

we have been beaten badly once, by hawks. carlton was a bad loss but it wasnt a thrashing and we lost in similar style last year to the likes of richmond and essendon.

please show me why we are worse than last year? because we have had two consecutive losses in a row? mate, like i said last year we were lucky not to have two losses in a row. we could have easily won the north game this year, same as brisbane. yes i know, could have should have would have, but the fact that we came close shows that we are not THAT worse than last year

but like i said this is not good news. the young team we are, we should be no the improve.

anyways you can say that im dreamin, but we will come good this year - dont write us off. we're just taking our time to get there
pieboy 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:25 am

In season 2007 during the home and away season, the only decent team that we beat was Sydney, who we have enjoyed playing against in recent years. We won 6 games out of 8 against the hapless Richmond, Melbourne, Carlton and Essendon yet still couldn't finish higher than 6th.

We then produced some amazing form in the finals and eliminated the 2 previous grand finalists (and premiers) from the previous 2 years, and run eventual premiers to 5 points.

We clearly hit a purple patch during the finals last year. We are really just an ordinary team with the capacity to produce fantastic football when the occassion arises. To me, the backline is of a major concern, we have too many forwards, and not enough quality backman.
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:37 am

^disagree. our backline is fine, and trust me within a few years will be amongst the best in the afl

we dont have enough tall forwards doing their jobs right now. rocca is out, rusling is out, reid and dawes arent ready, maccaffer i never hear about, cloke is out of form.

of course we have the best small forward combo in the league but with didak playing midfield now 100% he averages like 1-2 goals a game, thomas needs a kick in the bum, medhurst has been great so too leon.

anyways...go pies. i'm not giving up on us yet!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:45 pm

Pies seem out of form atm. Especially compared to last year.

Because finishing they way they did last year, we've all expected them to be even more pumped at the start of the season.

The first 3 rounds were great. The loss to Brisbane could have gone either way, and will be remembered as one of the best AFL games for the year.

The loss to Carlton was a real shock. Deep down i think we all knew Carlton wernt going to be as easy a push over the media had made out. And they managed to keep us down for the day. Perhaps Carlton wanted the win more?

Against North Melbourne, we were in a winning position with about 10 or so minutes remaining. Luck was with the Roos and they got over the line in the end. On a night which once again could have gone either way, Collingwood still played good football, but North were a fraction better.

The loss to the Hawks was expected. But not by 10 goals. Pretty much we were out classed and played a short game wich you cannot do against these teams. Collingwood: 12 possesions from FB to the Wing and a turnover.... Hawthorn: 3 possesions from FB to Goal. The loss of percentafe is the dissapointing thing here. Such a waste after a huge Anzac Day gain.

Is top 4 out of the question?

If the Pies can get into form and gain their confidence back then they might be playing catch up for the rest of the year if the Cats, Hawks and Dogs keep winning and getting further ahead. Thats the only problem.

A win against a decent side is what we need. Its a huge ask as we play the Cats in round 9 and the Dogs in round 13.

HAL 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:46 pm

How much would you say? Quite an enigma, isn't it?
Mr. Burns 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:02 pm

I think many people have underestimated what the loss of Buckley, Clement (and to an extent Licuria and Presti) has had.

What has also happened that our planned forward structure this year has been throwing out the door with the loss of Rusling.

I am very confident that we can overcome the issues that have occurred and I reckon we can win the next 2 games.

I think the bye has come at a good time for us.

We should be positive. I've read some very negative cr** over the last few days.
vlad 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:40 pm

HAL wrote:
How much would you say? Quite an enigma, isn't it?

Yeah Hal footballs an enigma, thats the point, it keeps us guessing and chewing our fingernails to the bone. Top pastime, highly recommended.

HAL 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:42 pm

What kind of food do you like?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: