Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 8 vs Saints injury news -

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:34 am
Post subject: Round 8 vs Saints injury news -Reply with quote

One positive (we will take all the help we can get) to come from today is that the Saints look like they will be a couple of big names short against us in two weeks time.

Nick Riewoldt has hurt his knee and an early diagnosis is 4 weeks .

Xavier Clarke is injured - I'm unsure the extent or even what it is?

Justin Koschitzke reported, didn't see it myself and was wondering if any one else did?

I certainly won't be upset seeing those three names out I must admit, does anyone know info on Clarke and Koschitzke?

Come on pies Go 4 and 4 !
jock 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Riewoldt has pulled the pin on the Dream Team game. He will be fine in two weeks for Browny to carve him up.

As for X.Clarke. Apparently a hammy or calf, but more than likely he has done a HEART MUSCLE!

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:00 am

Great now we are relying on other teams to be injured to win.

I want to win becuase we are BETTER not becuase the other side is missing half their team.

Heater_39 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:02 am

[quote="loki04"]Great now we are relying on other teams to be injured to win.

I want to win becuase we are BETTER not becuase the other side is missing half their team.[/quote]

For mine, it's about going 4 and 4. Next game is massive and I don't care how we win it just as long as we do!
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:02 am

loki04 wrote:

I want to win becuase we are BETTER not becuase the other side is missing half their team.

For mine, it's about going 4 and 4. Next game is massive and I don't care how we win it just as long as we do!
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:05 am

Same we just need to make our way to the finals and that's where we can be competitive with the better sides, whether we limp or crawl our way there I don't care.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:07 am

Heater_39 wrote:
loki04 wrote:

yeah you missed my point if we keep covering up the issues with luck or a team thats down we will never really be a force and keep having near miss opportunities.
dids_04 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:11 am

Mr. Chairman wrote:
Same we just need to make our way to the finals and that's where we can be competitive with the better sides, whether we limp or crawl our way there I don't care.

yeah great, lets win 13 games, sneak into 6th place or so and make up the numbers.

Seriously, I'd rather finish last and get the draft picks, make some hard decisions on some players and re-load. I want Collingwood to build a team that will challenge for premierships for 3-5 years in a row, not make up the numbers in the 8 every year.

It's clear Hawthorn have got it right. We need to do the same. The team as it is now just isn't good enough to be that. Also the way we are travelling, St Kilda will be a huge task to get over, no matter who is playing. Then there is the next round after that.......
ktszyu1 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:57 am

dids_04 wrote:
Mr. Chairman wrote:

yeah great, lets win 13 games, sneak into 6th place or so and make up the numbers.

Seriously, I'd rather finish last and get the draft picks, make some hard decisions on some players and re-load. I want Collingwood to build a team that will challenge for premierships for 3-5 years in a row, not make up the numbers in the 8 every year.

It's clear Hawthorn have got it right. We need to do the same. The team as it is now just isn't good enough to be that. Also the way we are travelling, St Kilda will be a huge task to get over, no matter who is playing. Then there is the next round after that.......

The Hawks are where they are because of their trade with Freo. Laughing

Trent Croad for picks 1, 20 and 36. Who were two of those picks? Hodge and Mitchell. They also got Campbell Brown in that draft. Whilst low draft picks are great, the best players usually don't come from the first round, let alone the low picks! Smart drafting and trading will get us a long way, much better than tanking / finishing last.

It is definately too early to be calling for heads, but it does appear that with certain players in the team, we won't win a flag... because poor disposal can't win a flag. So at the end of the year, we should make a list of players who will be the foundations of our next flag attempt (plus young unproven players), and start rebuilding by trading for picks and drafting some bloody skillful midfielders.

swooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:01 pm

Given our recent W/L/W/L ratio we have carried over from last season - we should beat the Saints no worries! Very Happy Wink
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:42 am

Mr. Chairman wrote:

Yeah, we'll be really competitive playing teams like GEE, HAW & WB. Please!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:58 am

I dont think we will match Gee, Haw or WB at this stage...

But i think we match up well on the other potential finalists. We will beat Sydney, St.Kilda, Kangaroos, Adelaide and possibly Pt Adelaide come finals time.

As we did last year, we came up against 2 sides we fare well against in Sydney and West Coast, and struggled our way into a Prelim Final despite finishing the year in patchy form.

Then, we were only a kick off beating the best side. The trick is to get in and hope for the best. Anything can happen.

Most importantly we must beat Saints this week. If ew can be 4 wins and 5 losses after 9 then we are ok considering we have got Geelong and Hawthorn off our backs.

Pies 08 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:26 pm

According to Saintsational.com, Baker is also out for an extended period with a posterior cruciate. Anyone seen vision of the Koshitski report? Personally don't care what injuries they have, we simply must win this game and if they don't have their best side in, then good for us. Home and Away season is to win as many games as we can, to qualify as high as we can. then the real season starts.
richo 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:42 pm

Macguire is out for the season and Hudghton is out for 2 weeks, they will be a bit light on down back against us.
ktszyu1 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:20 pm

richo wrote:
Macguire is out for the season and Hudghton is out for 2 weeks, they will be a bit light on down back against us.

Yep.

Only Gherig up forward. Rocca and Cloke with massive advantages in our forward line. We should crush them... provided we can actually go alright in the midfield.

EDIT: Kozi got off. He could cause problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: